Author Topic: Air-... Well air-anything, really.  (Read 4199 times)

Offline Slideshow Bob

• Cookie Eater
  • Garlic. Everything is better with garlic.
    • View Profile
Air-... Well air-anything, really.
« on: September 24, 2012, 17:34:10 »
A long time ago it was suggested that there be an air-guitar competition for the fursuiters at the con. That thread lasted for about 3 posts and near as I know it was never heard from again.
I want to bring it back, but make it a little more open this time: not only should it be open for both fursuiters and non-fursuiters, I want to see people play whatever they want:
air-guitar, air-piano, air-bass, air-drums, air-bagpipes, whatever. Let's get some variety up in here.

All we need is a stage, a computer attached to a decent speaker, and people submitting an MP3 of their song in advance along with their name and intended instrument.

Maybe we could first do the non-fursuiters, then the fur-suiters, and then the next evening a showdown between the winners of either one (give them the extra day to choose a song they can both agree on and practice).

I'm just spitballing here, but I think this could be really awesome if done right. Your thoughts, everybody?

-James.
"I don't sleep; I dream."

Offline SFW

• CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • I have a cunning plan.
    • View Profile
    • silverfoxwolf.com
Re: Air-... Well air-anything, really.
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 19:53:52 »
That was the event I suggested last year. It wasn't carried forward as there was a lot of events competing for a limited anount of time and it was felt that it was not best to do a half hearted effort, but to make sure it was ready. I'm certainly open to looking into it again for next year.
Warning: Do not expose to shiny things.

Offline Rwylin

• CFz Senior Security
  • SuperFuzz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 20:13:44 »
im up for this next year.
Mew =^_^=.

Offline Slideshow Bob

• Cookie Eater
  • Garlic. Everything is better with garlic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2012, 20:58:57 »
That was the event I suggested last year. It wasn't carried forward as there was a lot of events competing for a limited anount of time and it was felt that it was not best to do a half hearted effort, but to make sure it was ready. I'm certainly open to looking into it again for next year.

If you could, I would highly appreciate it. I've been meaning to try something like this forever and I know I can't be the only one.
"I don't sleep; I dream."

Offline Matt the Lion

• Convention Chairman
  • Forum Admins
  • SuperFuzz!
  • King of the Jungle
    • View Profile
    • My Photography (Mostly big cats)
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2012, 19:15:34 »
Hi there,

If you're still interested in running this event, we're now accepting event submissions online - please see this thread for more information: http://forum.confuzzled.org.uk/index.php?topic=2025.0
"I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant."

"It is much more comfortable to be mad and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts."