Author Topic: Hi! :)  (Read 5143 times)

Offline RayneWolf

• Cookie Eater
  • Friendly fellow here, if you want to, howl at me!
    • View Profile
Hi! :)
« on: October 10, 2012, 18:28:24 »
Hey everyone, I'm new to the Forum and have also recently found out about the event so have thought about attending the convention.

I am a 21 year old Male from South Wales and I am a friendly and sociable person, so I thought it would be a great experience attending such an event.

I am trying to build my own fursuit at the moment and will try to register for a room soon, but have noticed that there are no single rooms available so will have to think about how I will be able to attend and stay.

I don't know anyone who are fursuiters which is a shame as I have seen and heard about many and it looks like something I would like to get into.

So again I say Hi! :) And hopefully will get to know some of you soon.

- Rayne

Offline LevLion

• Stage & A/V Manager
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
    • View Profile
    • My FA Account
Re: Hi! :)
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2012, 19:43:11 »
Hi there,

Welcome. We all hope you can attend and join us in the fun. There are many many suiters comming from all over the world and we have special events and games for those in suit so if you manage to come and have your suit please register as a fursuiter and join in!

As for sleeping yes unfortuantly we have sold out of single rooms. Although some people have opted to pay for a double room to themselves most just make friends on here or UKFur and find someone to share with making friends over the next few months so its less of a stranger with you. Other than that you can also stay at a near by hotel and commute to us each day, this of course has the downside you have to leave the hotel at night and travel each day. But theres options out there.

Nice to meet you anyway.
I for one welcome our Muppet overloards.

Offline RayneWolf

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2012, 10:41:03 »
Hi LevLion, thank you for the reply and I will definitely try to make it, it looks like such a great event filled with friendly people and fun activities.

I was thinking about paying for a double but will there be any problems with one person accommodating a double room?

Also, nice to meet you too

Offline SFW

• CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • I have a cunning plan.
    • View Profile
    • silverfoxwolf.com
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2012, 20:38:17 »
Oh yes there will be many fursuiters... some of them are annoying and confusing and bring more then one suit to confuse people as to who is inside. I'm sure you will enjoy yourself if you decide to attend.
Warning: Do not expose to shiny things.

Offline LevLion

• Stage & A/V Manager
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
    • View Profile
    • My FA Account
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2012, 10:26:16 »
You are best emailing registration@ and asking them if there is an issue with someone just using a room for 1 person. Im pretty sure someone else has done that but I dont know the reasons behind it, of course we want to get as many in the hotel as possible so its the most amazing social gathering and that would exclude another guest but you never loose out by asking these things.
I for one welcome our Muppet overloards.

Offline RayneWolf

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2012, 15:42:58 »
@SFW  Hi there. That's good, its good to see everyone in their fursuits, but how come some are annoying and confusing though? lol

@LevLion  Thank you for the advice and I will email registration just to find out. I'd rather find out properly and not cause any problems on my first visit, I don't really want that to happen.  But I know that the ConFuzzled staff are very helpful and will be able to help me out :).

Offline Coadey

• Cookie Eater
  • Vegan red fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2012, 17:10:22 »
Welcome RayneWolf!  I've never built a fursuit but it seems like a challenge.  At least you have lots of time between now and CF.   It would be neat to see how it progresses.  Hopefully Lev's tips will help with the room situation.  :3

Offline RayneWolf

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2012, 20:08:06 »
Hi Coadey! And thanks :D, its nice to meet you.
I know, it is tricky, but (hopefully...) it will be worth the effort in the end :). I've seen a few peoples' fursuits and I've been wanting to do it myself, so I thought "I got a while until the event, why not have a go", but the trickiest part is making the head lol.

As for the room situation, I wouldn't mind sharing with someone around the same age, but the real problem (not so much a problem but an inconvenience) is that I haven't been to a convention like this before and therefore haven't really met anybody.  So I'd rather a room for myself but still meet and mix with others at the events; hopefully the staff will be able to help me out.

Will you be attending CF 2013 then? and have you been to one before? If you have, what is it like? I've seen some videos but they don't really show what its really like.

Offline Coadey

• Cookie Eater
  • Vegan red fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2012, 10:18:20 »
Oh yes I'll be there. :3  I haven't been to CF before but I've heard good things! Will this be your first con?  It's really good to get to know some furs beforehand and checkout the schedule from past years to get an idea.  Each con is different but I always look forward to meeting and chatting with friends, admiring furries, the events, getting art commissions and partying. :3

Offline RayneWolf

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2012, 14:08:24 »
lol I noticed you didn't miss partying out :3  Yeah I've heard good things about it too, and also heard that everyone is really friendly so it looks like a thing that I would want to get into. I like meeting new people and seeing the suits and art that people produce is amazing, it would be great to see the things people create.