Author Topic: Anthropomorphic Everything Else  (Read 3882 times)

Offline Amethyst

• Cookie Maker
    • View Profile
Anthropomorphic Everything Else
« on: September 15, 2012, 14:35:24 »
So I get asked a lot why I draw anthro cars, and I usually give a short comment since going into the whole process would be crazy. I guess because I'm one of the few anthro-vehicle artists I get a lot of interest. So I thought of maybe doing a little talk, showcasing some art from others and in different media, decades etc...

" Anthropomorphic, Everything Else!"

I know Furries are usually strictly animal critters but a lot have cyborg, or they like the anthro planes/cars etc. And I was wondering if they'd be enough interest?

Would run from " Why everything else" to " Whose drawn it ( theres a few artists in the fandom and in history, Jasek Yurka  and propaganda artists), why, how etc"

I wondered if people would be cool with it, or if it would creep them out.

Good idea?

I guess it would have been better for last year because of the movie theme but last year was my first con.

Offline SFW

• CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • I have a cunning plan.
    • View Profile
    • silverfoxwolf.com
Re: Anthropomorphic Everything Else
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 18:30:31 »
There's certainly anthromorphic planes as you can easily find them over on FA with a quick search. Also from Deviantart there is a large amount of works related to the Cars films and various roleplay sites dedicated to them.
Warning: Do not expose to shiny things.

Offline Dingotush

• SuperFuzz!
    • View Profile
    • The real wolf's lair
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2012, 13:03:53 »
Eric Schwartz's Aerotoons are probably the obvious non-animal anthros that furrys might have come across.
Who was she kidding?  It was easy to be a vegetarian by day.  It was preventing yourself from becoming a humanitarian by night that took the real effort. - Angua (Pterry)

Offline Matt the Lion

• Convention Chairman
  • Forum Admins
  • SuperFuzz!
  • King of the Jungle
    • View Profile
    • My Photography (Mostly big cats)
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2012, 19:15:16 »
Hi there,

If you're still interested in running this event, we're now accepting event submissions online - please see this thread for more information: http://forum.confuzzled.org.uk/index.php?topic=2025.0
"I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant."

"It is much more comfortable to be mad and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts."