Author Topic: The Overflow Hotel  (Read 5026 times)

Offline Hawker-Blue

• Cookie Maker
  • Toyburd Central
    • View Profile
    • FurAffinty Profile Page.
The Overflow Hotel
« on: February 21, 2013, 23:51:45 »
So I just want to say, that I work in the Overflow Hotel and that the Hinkly Isle is a local rival to where I do indeed work (hurrah.) Since we discuss holiday plans and such at work during tea breaks, they know I’m going to said hotel for a convention this year. Now I’m not 100% bothered if they actually figure out that it's a furry con that I have run off to and such (they all know that I’m pretty insane as it is) But don’t cause em no hassle, especially at night when you come back on the shuttle bus or via your own transport. I can assure you our regular night porter don’t like dealing with noise complaints from the same room more then once due to the disruption it causes to other guests staying in the hotel who may not be associated with the con. I suppose what I’m saying is, please don t disrespect the hotel staff (At either hotel) Because obviously they work very hard to do their jobs (I would know!) Just make it a tad easier on them please.

That and Burd!

Oh and if you smoke, bring your own lighter!  ;D (I wont be their to bring my car around to the frount to light it for ya!)
Born Ready, Died Dead.

Offline SFW

• CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • I have a cunning plan.
    • View Profile
    • silverfoxwolf.com
Re: The Overflow Hotel
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2013, 09:51:56 »
Fortunately we have a very effective security department for dealing with noisey problems and an effective venue relations manager to deal with both hotels directly. So they will be very quick to respond to any problems.
Warning: Do not expose to shiny things.

Offline RizzoRattie

• Venue Manager/Head of Fursuit Relations
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • Rat face!
    • View Profile
    • www.colifox.com
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 21:24:42 »
Hi Hawker-Blue,

Thank you for your post.  I appreciate you offering some inside information on the night porter at the Hilton.  I am obviously hoping that our attendees staying at the over flow will realise that they are not there exclusively and will take onboard that there will be other guests.  What I should point out at this time is that contractually, we have preferred rates on rooms, but attendees are staying there under their own accord and so will be accountable for their own behaviour.  There will not be any ConFuzzled security staff at the Hilton however, I will be having regular feedback from our contact there.  It is all in hand.

That said, you make valid points regarding respecting the surroundings and staff, so again hopefully, our attendees will act in a reasonable manner whilst being guests at the Hilton.

Many thanks,

RIzzo

Forgive me for not jumping for joy, bad back you know ~ Scar; The Lion King

Offline Hawker-Blue

• Cookie Maker
  • Toyburd Central
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2013, 00:18:12 »
I had not exspected any staff members of CF to be at the Hilton, hence just putting this up here. A lot of people dont tend to realise just how bad they are, until they do the job (and having done it for three years and having seen some rather bad people, I'm a bit of a stickler for hotel staff respect x3)

As for insider infomation, i sharnt say anything else in relation to the fact that, well confidentialty and all of that. But I'm sure i will probibly get it in the neck somewhat from colliuges either way (no win situation!)

Cheers guv
Born Ready, Died Dead.

Offline Rwylin

• CFz Senior Security
  • SuperFuzz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2013, 16:54:43 »
i would asume that the overflow hotel would treat the CF attendees just like any other hotel guests...... if they cause to much noise or cause to much of a ruckus then (after a few warnings) they would be asked to leave.
I know one person in the main hotel that was asked to leave last year as they caused to much of a ruckus.
Mew =^_^=.

Offline Hawker-Blue

• Cookie Maker
  • Toyburd Central
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2013, 11:15:24 »
That would be a safe way to put it. Other guests in the hotel at that point, respect for others is one of those required things.
Born Ready, Died Dead.

Offline RizzoRattie

• Venue Manager/Head of Fursuit Relations
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • Rat face!
    • View Profile
    • www.colifox.com
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2013, 18:45:47 »
Hawker-Blue, just out of pure curiosity, what is your job role at the Hilton?
Forgive me for not jumping for joy, bad back you know ~ Scar; The Lion King

Offline Hawker-Blue

• Cookie Maker
  • Toyburd Central
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2013, 19:17:45 »
I'm part of the C&B team in label, but in job I'm a Porter. So I'm the chap that comes to your room at two in the morning to ask you to quieten down, hence i know how very VERY frustrating such things can be first hand. (i also carry luggage, clean, look after conferences do basic maintenance showarounds and other things :P Sort of a jack of all trades)
Born Ready, Died Dead.