Author Topic: What's it like for a lady at the con?  (Read 4380 times)

Offline Amethyst_Mare

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
What's it like for a lady at the con?
« on: March 16, 2013, 20:59:11 »
Just thought I'd ask as google is not providing this evening! Bad google.

Yeah, so...if a lady is not in a fursuit, do you interact with them? Or is it just the lads? The only scrap of info that I could find on this was one woman going to a con in the US (a small one) that was a bit difficult for her to fit in with. As said, I couldn't find any information on this so...what's it like for the ladies?

x
"If you want a stable relationship, buy a horse."

Find me here:
- FA: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/amethystmare/
- SF: https://amethyst-mare.sofurry.com/

Offline Dhary Montecore

• Head of Security
  • SuperFuzz!
  • MI:3 - Party on, we got your back!
    • View Profile
    • dhary.de
Re: What's it like for a lady at the con?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2013, 23:22:19 »
Yeah, so...if a lady is not in a fursuit, do you interact with them?

Well of course! The european fandom isn't that much like the US one. :3

It is true that the male/female ratio is clearly on the male side but that doesn't mean that (if you were thinking of that) 90% of them would be gay or would't have any interest in meeting a female furry.

As far as I experienced (as male) female furs tend to stick together a lot, especially the artists. And since many of the best artists are female that should grant you some entertainment base. :3

If you're aren't into art(ists) at all it's always a good idea to hang around the bars in the evenings and just talk to others. Most furs won't treat you differently if you're male or female and the few that do will most likely act shy among a female. In those cases you could just start the talk. :3

There will be more than enough people to talk to and many of them will makebfor great conversations. If against the odds someone does annoy you, just grab a friendly member of security ;3

The bottom line:
If you are open minded and go into the con with a positive mood you'll enjoy yourself for sure. If you go into it thinking "waeeh, will be stupid" you will not. That's the golden rule.

If everything else fails, grab me and you'll get someone to talk. :3

Oh, and if it's your first comvention, you really should visit the "your first furry convention" panel as it might just help you to avoid common problems. :3

-Dhary

Offline SFW

• CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • I have a cunning plan.
    • View Profile
    • silverfoxwolf.com
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2013, 23:34:34 »
I interact with anyone that happens to be around when in suit, especially hotel staff that aren't expecting it :)
Warning: Do not expose to shiny things.

Offline Rwylin

• CFz Senior Security
  • SuperFuzz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2013, 23:41:44 »
i am female and went to CF last year....... i met LOADS of new friends and had ALOT of fun....... dont worry.. just because your a woman will not stop people.....
Mew =^_^=.

Offline Amethyst_Mare

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2013, 18:20:13 »
Okay, well, that's great to know ^^ I probably wouldn't hang around with artists specifically because I'm a writer and I don't really have "ties" with any artists, unfortunately.

I've pretty much made a list of events that I'd like to attend but I'll have to check times/locations closer to the con date to make sure nothing's changed. So, basically, if I have nothing to do with anyone, I can go to those things and stay busy / meet others hopefully :)

Cheers x
"If you want a stable relationship, buy a horse."

Find me here:
- FA: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/amethystmare/
- SF: https://amethyst-mare.sofurry.com/

Offline SFW

• CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • I have a cunning plan.
    • View Profile
    • silverfoxwolf.com
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2013, 00:06:06 »
From my experience of cons there is always something to do, there's often unscheduled meet ups for groups, like bronies and the like. They aren't in the con book and are done adhoc at the con. Check the notice boards for upto date information.
Warning: Do not expose to shiny things.