Author Topic: ATM somewhere?  (Read 7698 times)

Offline Flake

• CFz Senior Security
  • Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
ATM somewhere?
« on: April 23, 2012, 18:52:14 »
I have kinda a question, and since British pounds are pretty expensive. Is the somewhere a ATM in the hood?
Since the full amount of money that I want to take with me is simply to much to get all in one time, so I need to take it over 2 times.
and I have kinda the luck that I get again money when I'm just there, but I cant order any money at my bank in time before I leave.
I saw on Google maps that the is a Texaco nearby, but if he have a ATM is just the question.

I don't want to bag my grandmother or my mother for money, so I really hope that the is a ATM there

And how much are kinda the charges for the meals and drinks?
I have a sponsor registration, but how much are the meals included in that?

Offline SFW

• CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • I have a cunning plan.
    • View Profile
    • silverfoxwolf.com
Re: ATM somewhere?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 18:55:21 »
Are you arriving by plane? There will be plenty of cashpoints located at all UK airports, most of which are free to use (your own card provider may charge a conversion fee).
Warning: Do not expose to shiny things.

Offline Flake

• CFz Senior Security
  • Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 19:02:30 »
Are you arriving by plane? There will be plenty of cashpoints located at all UK airports, most of which are free to use (your own card provider may charge a conversion fee).

haven't thought of that yet, but indeed. The date when I arrive there at Birmingham is just one day after the day that I got my money.
Thank you.

And my bank charge, I thought 3/5 euro's for using the card outside the Netherlands

This topic can be locked, because its resolved.

Offline LevLion

• Stage & A/V Manager
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
    • View Profile
    • My FA Account
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2012, 19:04:34 »
There is an ATM at the 24 hour store about half a mile from the venue and some others in Hinkley itself. But as recomended if your are flying in it might be best to stock up on money at the airport on the first day then you dont need to worry about it. As there is usually a limit on the max you can withdraw a day from an ATM you can then plan a trip to the nearest ATM the next day or so.

It should also be noted the hotel does accept card payments at the bar and for food and you can have a tab on your room but its best to check your card works before runing up a tab of £20,000 ;)

I for one welcome our Muppet overloards.

Offline RizzoRattie

• Venue Manager/Head of Fursuit Relations
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • Rat face!
    • View Profile
    • www.colifox.com
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2012, 02:10:38 »
Please do check out our website.  You will find in most cases a lot of information is on there :)

If you go to this page, you will find a link to the local amenities. On there, quite a few of the cash machines have already been highlighted.  However, the closest one appears to have been forgotten.  This is over the roundabout at the petrol station.  They have a hold in the wall there.  If you are travelling from abroad of course, you might be better of ensuring that you get cash at the airport or prior to travel.

Kind Regards,

Rizzo
Forgive me for not jumping for joy, bad back you know ~ Scar; The Lion King

Offline Flake

• CFz Senior Security
  • Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2012, 19:50:11 »
I have indeed completely forgotten about the ATM's at the airport... So i got get some more money ther, thanks for the reminder ^^
And I have my first load of money, they look kinda cool, and remind me of the gulden.

Offline Tungro

• Deputy of Registration, Video Team Member
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • I'm an otter in the water, swimming around...
    • View Profile
    • Riverdog.net
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2012, 15:38:44 »
Guldens were even more colourful - I certainly miss them too!

Offline Bezel

• CFz Senior Security
  • SuperFuzz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2012, 19:37:03 »
If you go to this page, you will find a link to the local amenities. On there, quite a few of the cash machines have already been highlighted.  However, the closest one appears to have been forgotten.  This is over the roundabout at the petrol station. 

Kind Regards,

Rizzo
Added this the other day  :)

Offline Neithie

• Cookie Maker
    • View Profile
    • FA Page
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2013, 15:59:42 »
On there, quite a few of the cash machines have already been highlighted.  However, the closest one appears to have been forgotten.  This is over the roundabout at the petrol station.  They have a hold in the wall there.

Glad I found this topic! Is it safe to walk there o.o? I won't have access to a car and don't fancy being run over D:!

Offline Ragear

• Cookie Maker
  • *streeetch*
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2013, 20:14:23 »
no problem, walkway all the way, and all the wild animals are in the Hotel :)
constantly underhugged, please halp

Offline Washu

• ConOps Deputy & GOH Liaison
  • CFz Staff
  • Omg, I post a lot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2013, 20:45:33 »
On there, quite a few of the cash machines have already been highlighted.  However, the closest one appears to have been forgotten.  This is over the roundabout at the petrol station.  They have a hold in the wall there.

Glad I found this topic! Is it safe to walk there o.o? I won't have access to a car and don't fancy being run over D:!

Hi Neithie,

We would advise that it would be best to bring cash with you if you don't access to a car, however you can walk to the Cash Point in question however I would strongly advise doing this only during the day so to maximise your safety.

Washu
The next train to arrive is the 13:40 train to Hull, which is a pity as this is Tesco's.

Offline Neithie

• Cookie Maker
    • View Profile
    • FA Page
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2013, 23:08:04 »
Ahh, thanks very much! I wouldn't have considered a midnight jaunt anywho, too chicken!