Author Topic: ID Requirement  (Read 5537 times)

Offline Rallicat

• Forum Admins
  • I'm on here as much as I can!
  • Dealers Den Deputy
    • View Profile
ID Requirement
« on: April 16, 2013, 11:43:47 »
With the convention around 6 weeks away, we wanted to make sure you’re all ready for the convention!

One of the most important things to remember to bring with you to the convention is photographic ID, clearly stating your date of birth.  This is a requirement to attend ConFuzzled, and no exceptions can be made to this rule.  Acceptable forms of ID include a Passport, Driving Licence, Young Persons Railcard/Coachcard, National ID Card, International Student Identity Card, or any cards bearing the Home Office PASS mark.

If you are unsure whether your form of ID is acceptable or not, then please email registration@confuzzled.org.uk well in advance of the convention, for confirmation as to its acceptance.

If you do not currently have a form of ID that is suitable, then you need to arrange this well in advance. You can find a number of accepted card providers here: http://www.pass-scheme.org.uk/for-young-people/national-card-suppliers/. Please sign up for your card well in advance - remember that if there is a problem with your application, you have to allow time for this to be corrected.

Stay tuned for more tips on getting ready for the convention!
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 16:43:55 by Rallicat »

Offline aurora

• I'm on here as much as I can!
    • View Profile
Re: ID Requirement
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2013, 00:06:23 »
You can find a number of accepted card providers here: http://www.pass-scheme.org.uk/for-young-people/national-card-suppliers/.

I looked into that last year, you need photo ID such as a licence or passport in order to apply.

SouthPaw

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2013, 01:09:21 »
You can find a number of accepted card providers here: http://www.pass-scheme.org.uk/for-young-people/national-card-suppliers/.

I looked into that last year, you need photo ID such as a licence or passport in order to apply.

Having just checked all four of the nationwide sites, you only need a Passport or Driving Licence if the person countersigning the application doesn't know you. If the countersignatory (verifier in PASS parlance) does know you, you can use your birth certificate or NHS Medical Card for it.

Though quite why you'd apply for a PASS card if you already have photo ID is something of a mystery...

Offline SFW

• CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • I have a cunning plan.
    • View Profile
    • silverfoxwolf.com
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2013, 17:05:03 »
Most I know carry them so they don't have to worry if they loose their passport or driving licence, since they cost more to replace.
Warning: Do not expose to shiny things.

Offline Ziegenbock

• CFz Senior Security
  • Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2013, 00:10:41 »
Do some Young Person's Railcards have the date of birth on them? Mine just has my name, expiry date and card number.

SouthPaw

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2013, 02:12:28 »
Do some Young Person's Railcards have the date of birth on them? Mine just has my name, expiry date and card number.

Those issued at stations and travel agents come with a separate photocard which has your date of birth on it, and you have to provide proof of age to get one.

Railcards bought online or through Journeycall by phone don't feature DOB; those bought via a TOC Telesales Office come with a temporary permit to travel, which needs to be exchanged for a Photocard within 1 month.

Offline Ziegenbock

• CFz Senior Security
  • Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2013, 16:35:52 »
Those issued at stations and travel agents come with a separate photocard which has your date of birth on it, and you have to provide proof of age to get one.

Railcards bought online or through Journeycall by phone don't feature DOB; those bought via a TOC Telesales Office come with a temporary permit to travel, which needs to be exchanged for a Photocard within 1 month.

Cheers, better dig out my passport then!