Author Topic: Android/iPhone app available  (Read 8294 times)

Offline Trax

• CFz Crew
  • Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
Android/iPhone app available
« on: May 14, 2013, 22:10:21 »
The CFz app has been published to both Google Play and Apple Store.

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.traxswe.confuzzled#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDIxMiwiY29tLnRyYXhzd2UuY29uZnV6emxlZCJd
iPhone: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/confuzzled/id641000014?mt=8

Let me know if something is not working correctly.

Offline Fermi

• Nightclub Deputy
  • CFz Staff
  • Omg, I post a lot!
  • Did someone say furfag~
    • View Profile
Re: Android/iPhone app available
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 22:23:29 »
looks good! :D couple of minor bugs:

-under the "info" section of the "more" tab, the like break tabs aren't parsing in the text, they're just showing up as the <br > tags
-where line breaks do occur in most of the sections of the "more" tab, they are showing up as drawn lines.  Dunno if that is deliberate or not but it's led to a few superfluous ones, especially in the "GoH" section
-in the "dealer's den" section, I presume there are supposed to be photos where the question marks are?
-the maps open fully zoomed in to the top left corner of the map, which is quite confusing, especially when the venue map's top left corner is blank xD although I've noticed it remembers where you last had it, which should solve that problem once it's been zoomed out and panned a couple of times :)
-for iOS users, a back button ribbon at the top of the screen might be handy, I realise you tap the "more" tab to get back to the menu, but it's not immediately obvious ^^;
-Also the home page which welcomes you to the app is a bit blank at the moment.  Will this have a ticker tape of upcoming events and twitter once we get closer to the convention?

For your reference, I have an iPhone 4 running iOS 6.1.3 (release 10B329).

Love the app, hope this helps! :)

Fermi

Offline Cosmo

• Dealers' Den Manager
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013, 23:09:54 »
The Dealers' Den question marks should, indeed, be icons. At the moment we're in the process of receiving them all, though :)

Offline Trax

• CFz Crew
  • Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2013, 10:05:27 »
looks good! :D couple of minor bugs:

-under the "info" section of the "more" tab, the like break tabs aren't parsing in the text, they're just showing up as the <br > tags
-where line breaks do occur in most of the sections of the "more" tab, they are showing up as drawn lines.  Dunno if that is deliberate or not but it's led to a few superfluous ones, especially in the "GoH" section
-in the "dealer's den" section, I presume there are supposed to be photos where the question marks are?
-the maps open fully zoomed in to the top left corner of the map, which is quite confusing, especially when the venue map's top left corner is blank xD although I've noticed it remembers where you last had it, which should solve that problem once it's been zoomed out and panned a couple of times :)
-for iOS users, a back button ribbon at the top of the screen might be handy, I realise you tap the "more" tab to get back to the menu, but it's not immediately obvious ^^;
-Also the home page which welcomes you to the app is a bit blank at the moment.  Will this have a ticker tape of upcoming events and twitter once we get closer to the convention?

For your reference, I have an iPhone 4 running iOS 6.1.3 (release 10B329).

Love the app, hope this helps! :)

Fermi

Points 1 to 3 will be resolved when a new database is published closer to the convention :-)

The map bit is somewhat confusing. Did not notice that until you said it. That has been solved on the Android version, not that it helps the iPhone version in any way. The problem is that the maps are too big and i did not realize that until to late.
How does other apps deal with tabs? I have no iPhone so i have no idea and can only work based on the simulator. (very frustrating) During the programming, i could not add a back button to that tab section. That is built into the iOs as a control and i can not change the behavior. At least i did not find a way to do it.
Regarding the home, do you mean the page where you download the database? If so, no that will stay like that. I would have loved to have at least the theme text but it was decided to use that image. General idea is to not spend that much time on that tab. It is however a good idea and i will note it down for further improvements.

Offline Fermi

• Nightclub Deputy
  • CFz Staff
  • Omg, I post a lot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2013, 13:24:10 »
Points 1 to 3 will be resolved when a new database is published closer to the convention :-)

The map bit is somewhat confusing. Did not notice that until you said it. That has been solved on the Android version, not that it helps the iPhone version in any way. The problem is that the maps are too big and i did not realize that until to late.
How does other apps deal with tabs? I have no iPhone so i have no idea and can only work based on the simulator. (very frustrating) During the programming, i could not add a back button to that tab section. That is built into the iOs as a control and i can not change the behavior. At least i did not find a way to do it.
Regarding the home, do you mean the page where you download the database? If so, no that will stay like that. I would have loved to have at least the theme text but it was decided to use that image. General idea is to not spend that much time on that tab. It is however a good idea and i will note it down for further improvements.
-The map thing isn't a huge issue, just somewhat disconcerting when you tap for maps and you just see a white screen ^^; it's no biggy if you can't fix it n.n
-The menu system along the bottom of the screen is great, what I mean is when you see this screen:

-And you select a menu item, you see this screen:

-Usually in iOS apps, you have a ribbon along the top with a "back" button, since iPhones have no physical back button, like so ^^

-It's not usually called a "back" button, usually it has the previous menu title as its button text :)

Unfortunately I don't have a huge amount of knowledge when it comes to iOS app coding :/ sorry! I hope this is of some help to you :)

Offline Trax

• CFz Crew
  • Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2013, 22:07:22 »
Ahh ok, that makes more sense. I thought you meant to have a back button on the first picture (the one with the menu elements) :-)

Offline Fermi

• Nightclub Deputy
  • CFz Staff
  • Omg, I post a lot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2013, 22:17:37 »
Ahh ok, that makes more sense. I thought you meant to have a back button on the first picture (the one with the menu elements) :-)
Glad I could help ^_^ it's a great little app, especially considering you're only developing it on the emulator!

Offline Trax

• CFz Crew
  • Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2013, 13:50:11 »
Glad I could help ^_^ it's a great little app, especially considering you're only developing it on the emulator!

Thanks. I just dont want to spend a lot of money on an iPhone 4 just to make apps for it *shrugs*

Offline Fermi

• Nightclub Deputy
  • CFz Staff
  • Omg, I post a lot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2013, 15:36:12 »

Thanks. I just dont want to spend a lot of money on an iPhone 4 just to make apps for it *shrugs*
That's fair enough, I guess you get enough feedback from iPhone users that you rarely need one! C:

Offline Washu

• ConOps Deputy & GOH Liaison
  • CFz Staff
  • Omg, I post a lot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2013, 14:58:59 »
The twitter section of the iPhone app has the bar for filtering etc located further down the screen rather than its intended location at the top of the screen. Prevents you reading the first tweet in the list which is a touch frustrating.

This was documented on an iPhone 5 running iOS 6.1.4(10B350)
The next train to arrive is the 13:40 train to Hull, which is a pity as this is Tesco's.

Offline Trax

• CFz Crew
  • Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2013, 09:57:39 »
The twitter section of the iPhone app has the bar for filtering etc located further down the screen rather than its intended location at the top of the screen. Prevents you reading the first tweet in the list which is a touch frustrating.

This was documented on an iPhone 5 running iOS 6.1.4(10B350)

Can you make a screenshot?

Offline Washu

• CFz Staff
  • Omg, I post a lot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2013, 12:19:31 »

Hopefully thats better than the terrible picture I tried to paint with words
The next train to arrive is the 13:40 train to Hull, which is a pity as this is Tesco's.

Offline Trax

• CFz Crew
  • Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2013, 12:03:53 »

Hopefully thats better than the terrible picture I tried to paint with words

Mind if i have a look during the con?

Offline Washu

• CFz Staff
  • Omg, I post a lot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2013, 17:29:53 »
Hi Trax,

Shouldn't be a problem I'll be around from 12 tomorrow and in Convention Operations or around on radio.

Washu