Author Topic: Sponsor events  (Read 3870 times)

Offline Vector

• Cookie Maker
    • View Profile
Sponsor events
« on: May 24, 2013, 10:15:21 »
This feedback is not related to 2012, but is related to the previous editions of CfZ (that section is read-only so I posted here).

I think it was in 2010 or 2011 (not sure), but I remember that few people with Standard registration managed to sneak in Sponsor events (at least at the Sponsor buffet). I didn't react on the spot because security is not my job (and I was REALLY HUNGRY !), but it's better to talk about it before the convention starts.  ;)

I really hope that it won't happen again because why I would pay anymore for something that some people can have for free ? I try to support CfZ as a sponsor everytime I attend because I love what the staff does every year to entertain us. I really want to continue to support this convention as a Sponsor. More cookies for Brok.:)

Offline leinir

• Website Coder
  • Cookie Maker
    • View Profile
Re: Sponsor events
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 10:24:39 »
While of course it is silly people who are not sponsors crash events they shouldn't have access to (i might also mention the people who dropped in on Makenshi and my wedding who weren't invited, but that's another matter), what is worth noting here is a particular bit of wording: The term is "sponsor" not "gold membership" or similar. You don't pay for the extra stuff, those are gifts as a thank you for helping out with keeping the con as great as it is. This has been mentioned before, so really i'm just repeating what many others have said before me, just thought it worth to point it out again ;)

Offline Washu

• ConOps Deputy & GOH Liaison
  • CFz Staff
  • Omg, I post a lot!
    • View Profile
Re: Sponsor events
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2013, 11:37:25 »
I think it was in 2010 or 2011 (not sure), but I remember that few people with Standard registration managed to sneak in Sponsor events (at least at the Sponsor buffet). I didn't react on the spot because security is not my job (and I was REALLY HUNGRY !), but it's better to talk about it before the convention starts.  ;)

Hi Vector,

We will have security posted throughout the convention spaces and we will be checking badges this year, however if you do see someone slip through who should not be at a sponsor event please tell a member of staff immediately rather than hold onto it, we cannot deal with issues like this after they have been and gone, more so with the length of time that has now passed.

I do however recall that a few of our crew level staff and volunteers were given access to the buffet as a thank you for helping so these may well have been the persons in question. This should be made much clearer this year with the introduction of new badges.

Thanks for the feedback, if you do have anything this year that you think is important for us to know and can attend it, please come along to our feedback session at the end of the convention or drop us a line after the con.

Yours,
Washu
The next train to arrive is the 13:40 train to Hull, which is a pity as this is Tesco's.