Author Topic: Headless Fursuiters...  (Read 48109 times)

Offline Tenderpaws

• Cookie Maker
    • View Profile
Re: Headless Fursuiters...
« Reply #75 on: June 09, 2013, 20:07:28 »
I don't think this debate will ever end but if it was a case of 'social deheadding'' then that does need to be pointed out and stopped before it becomes a new ''thing''.

Yup, precisely.
It's a hard subject to talk about, because it comes down to personal feelings ect.

If it became a thing, I would not want to be part of it.

Offline Hawker-Blue

• Cookie Maker
  • Toyburd Central
    • View Profile
    • FurAffinty Profile Page.
« Reply #76 on: June 10, 2013, 10:59:07 »
I don't think this debate will ever end but if it was a case of 'social deheadding'' then that does need to be pointed out and stopped before it becomes a new ''thing''.

How do you stop someone who wants to take their head off to talk to that person they aint seen for a year?
Born Ready, Died Dead.

Offline Dhary Montecore

• Head of Security
  • SuperFuzz!
  • MI:3 - Party on, we got your back!
    • View Profile
    • dhary.de
« Reply #77 on: June 10, 2013, 11:02:02 »
Well, if I haven't seen someone in years, I wouldn't just exchange a few words but want to talk for quite a while. And I wouldn't do that while suiting. So how about politely and friendly suggesting to the suiter to de-suit and then meet up in the bar or the suiters room? :3

Offline Lost Cause

• I'm on here as much as I can!
  • Ah-ha!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 11, 2013, 11:50:25 »

Actualy the debate ended when Rizzo made this statement:
...the simple facts are that there is not now nor will there be a written policy that people have to agree to, to NOT take their heads off.  This would be applying a very strict dress code which could both be very difficult to actually police, and also would be an incredible breach of personal choice of attendees. 
snipped for length.

At this point people are just sharing their opinions which wont have any impact on policy at all.
and I seem to recall there have been pretty much identical threads in the past and those didn't have any impact either.
I can't help but wonder why people think fursuiters owe them something... Why should fursuiters sacrifice any aspect of their enjoyment in an event they payed to attend and got no special treatment just to spare someone elses seeing what is behind the mask?
I have made my statement and I stand buy it, but I could be wrong!

Offline Dhary Montecore

• Head of Security
  • SuperFuzz!
  • MI:3 - Party on, we got your back!
    • View Profile
    • dhary.de
« Reply #79 on: June 11, 2013, 14:40:08 »
are just sharing their opinions which wont have any impact on policy at all.
and I seem to recall there have been pretty much identical threads in the past and those didn't have any impact either.
I can't help but wonder why people think fursuiters owe them something... Why should fursuiters sacrifice any aspect of their enjoyment in an event they payed to attend and got no special treatment just to spare someone elses seeing what is behind the mask?

Because: If you want to be a respected member of a community, you should follow the code of conduct of that community, shouldn't you? If you annoy 200 attendees, just because you chose to ignore something that is seen as common courtesy you can't complain if people will tell you their opinion about it.

And fursuiters owing others something? That is a dangerous discussion and I agree, that of course no fursuiter owes the other attendees anything. But did you ever think of the thousands of euro/pound/whatever that are paid by ALL attendees to offer fursuiters the rent for their lounge, their special treatment, highly expensive custom driers, the power to run them, free drinks and snacks and all the events, just for fursuiters?

If you start counting pennies over an issue that is solvable by common courtesy in our community, then others could argue that way as well. :3

NOTE: This is my PERSONAL opinion. It is NOT any opinion of ConFuzzled ltd. or anything official.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 14:42:37 by Dhary Montecore »

Offline Tungro

• Deputy of Registration, Video Team Member
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • I'm an otter in the water, swimming around...
    • View Profile
    • Riverdog.net
« Reply #80 on: June 11, 2013, 14:57:40 »
Again, my personal opinion, not a CF opinion...

I see this the same way as holding a door open for someone. It's polite, it makes people happy. It's not necessarily a social norm. But it's also not mandatory.

Just like holding a door open for someone about to come through it, as a suiter I'd keep my head on until I'm out of the way. I CAN take my head off. I CAN let the door close. I choose not to.

Likewise, I also cannot expect everyone to hold open the door if I'm about to pass through. I'm glad when they do, but if they don't, I'm not going to kick up a fuss. Similarly, if a suiter walks around with their head off, I presume it's for a reason. I may prefer it if they had kept their head on but I'm not going to tell them off for doing so.

So, in short. I'd like to see people holding doors open for me. I'd like to see fursuiters with their heads on. I hold doors open for others about to come through. I keep my fursuit head on. I don't expect people to hold doors open for me. I don't expect fursuiters to always wear their heads.

Offline Matt the Lion

• Convention Chairman
  • Forum Admins
  • SuperFuzz!
  • King of the Jungle
    • View Profile
    • My Photography (Mostly big cats)
« Reply #81 on: June 11, 2013, 17:31:04 »
I'm afraid that I'm going to put a stop to this thread at this point.

My reason for this is because I feel that the topic has moved well beyond the realms of feedback regarding the convention and I cannot see that it will reach any form of conclusion, the debate will continue to circle until the end of time.

Apologies to those who feel strongly about this topic (on either side) who wish to discuss this, but I'm believe this is a matter beyond the scope of the ConFuzzled forums.
"I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant."

"It is much more comfortable to be mad and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts."