Author Topic: Headless Fursuiters...  (Read 48387 times)

Offline yagfox

• CFz Crew
  • SuperFuzz!
    • View Profile
Re: Headless Fursuiters...
« Reply #60 on: June 07, 2013, 23:11:14 »
From all the thousands I've seen so far. The issue of people without heads ruining photos doesn't seem very apparent.
Wish I could say it was an exaggeration, Yag. I have spent ages just splitting video with the headless folks in them.
If you look at my tweets from yesterday, you'll see what I am talking about. http://t.co/u5feepJINK

It must have been the rush hour or something :(

Tender Paws.
[/quote

Not authorised to see that. But I was talking about photos rather than video, I haven't looked at any videos. I've been throuh several thousand of peoples photos, and can't say I'm seeing a lot og headless suiters. I'm guessing photos are probably set up and framed better than video is, as they're less dynamic.

Offline JessLyra

• I'm on here as much as I can!
  • The Lady of the South
    • View Profile
    • The Art of JessLyra
« Reply #61 on: June 08, 2013, 09:31:21 »
Im one who has headless a lot due to
1. Waiting in queues is bloody hot
2. The bar ran out of straws and i was dying and needed that drink (water) NOW.
3. Due to certain people staying in the hotel this year i did not trust my suit being in the fursuit lounge, i changed in my room but as the zip is on the back and catches on the fur, i cant undo it, so ive had to find someone on the 1st floor to unzip me. Shouldnt have a problem with leaving Lyra in the lounge next year.
4. Its my first lenhthy time fursuiting properly and i am not used to the heat yet. Like after the parade. I took my head off in the hotel as i was heading back to my room.

So none of my beheading is deliberate. Im a first time fursuiter.
My FA Gallery :3 Please look here for Commission info

ferret

« Reply #62 on: June 08, 2013, 22:04:29 »
I'm not an appreciater of fursuits, so I don't really get this.  Fursuits don't spoil shots.  Partial fursuits don't spoil shots.  Human heads on fursuit bodies I'm told are bad.  But humans wandering around in the shot are apparently OK?  I would have thought they would be much worse.

I don't think I'll ever understand fursuiting. :o

Offline Athesis

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 09, 2013, 02:03:25 »
Im one who has headless a lot due to
1. Waiting in queues is bloody hot
2. The bar ran out of straws and i was dying and needed that drink (water) NOW.
3. Due to certain people staying in the hotel this year i did not trust my suit being in the fursuit lounge, i changed in my room but as the zip is on the back and catches on the fur, i cant undo it, so ive had to find someone on the 1st floor to unzip me. Shouldnt have a problem with leaving Lyra in the lounge next year.
4. Its my first lenhthy time fursuiting properly and i am not used to the heat yet. Like after the parade. I took my head off in the hotel as i was heading back to my room.

It is an Furry-Convention where everyone knows that there is an human being in that cosume. It is also not the problem to see someone from time to time someone without head (Back to room, searching for help getting on/off the suit etc.), it just was ... there was so many of them who does it for no reason and absolutely dosn't care about destroying anything.

Going outside this CFz made me from time to time a bit depressed and even angry. Setting up an rule to keep heads on might sound like an aggressive rule, but pleas them to keep heads on seems not to work.

I'm not an appreciater of fursuits, so I don't really get this.  Fursuits don't spoil shots.  Partial fursuits don't spoil shots.  Human heads on fursuit bodies I'm told are bad.  But humans wandering around in the shot are apparently OK?  I would have thought they would be much worse.

Humans are humans, they don't look incomplete xD

Offline aurora

• I'm on here as much as I can!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 09, 2013, 02:20:54 »
3. Due to certain people staying in the hotel this year i did not trust my suit being in the fursuit lounge,

This year was the first time I left my head unattended in the fursuit lounge, everything was OK and it didn't get damaged or stolen.

There was nothing to hang fursuits on in the Rotunda lounge apart from the chairs, so I left my fursuit spread out on the bed in my room. It was only damp around the neck part.

Offline Tenderpaws

• Cookie Maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 09, 2013, 02:25:23 »
I'm not an appreciater of fursuits, so I don't really get this.  Fursuits don't spoil shots.  Partial fursuits don't spoil shots.  Human heads on fursuit bodies I'm told are bad.  But humans wandering around in the shot are apparently OK?  I would have thought they would be much worse.

Think of it a bit like a puppet show. You try to keep heads and arms out of shot and you want the audience to see the character and not you.
It would be like if a few of the puppeteers for the heck of it just poking their heads or arms out. (This might annoy you and others for example)

From time to time it's a given, but the point brought up was that it seems to be many. I've spent ages editing a video and having to cut a few scenes out.
For me, costuming is about the magic and the character's integrity. (Bringing it to life) But it is largely down to everyone's own ideas ect.
No one has ever said, don't do it. But why would you have a nice suit and carry the head around.

Many Hugs!
Tender Paws!
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 02:30:11 by Tenderpaws »

Offline Tenderpaws

• Cookie Maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 09, 2013, 02:27:17 »
3. Due to certain people staying in the hotel this year i did not trust my suit being in the fursuit lounge,

This year was the first time I left my head unattended in the fursuit lounge, everything was OK and it didn't get damaged or stolen.

There was nothing to hang fursuits on in the Rotunda lounge apart from the chairs, so I left my fursuit spread out on the bed in my room. It was only damp around the neck part.

Ahh yeah, this is one of the reasons I bring a few fans with me, but of course, that depends on your transport arrangements too.
I tend to let mine dry overnight in my room.

Tender Paws.

Artic Steve

« Reply #67 on: June 09, 2013, 12:44:32 »
 Must admit, there wasn't any straws in the Fursuit Fiasco ''fursuit'' corner. I'd have thought twice about deheading if there were straws as my head has surprisingly effective forced air cooling.

Offline SlyCat

• CFz Crew
  • Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
    • SlyCat's Pad
« Reply #68 on: June 09, 2013, 17:29:26 »
I posted my 2 pence on the subject on my LJ but it seems it mostly reflects the common sense already posted here :) http://slycat.livejournal.com/371167.html

Offline Cursico!

• Cookie Maker
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #69 on: June 09, 2013, 18:00:29 »

Think of it a bit like a puppet show. You try to keep heads and arms out of shot and you want the audience to see the character and not you.
It would be like if a few of the puppeteers for the heck of it just poking their heads or arms out. (This might annoy you and others for example)

Avenue Q comes to mind right about now! xD
Quick, ignore the humans!

Offline SlyCat

• CFz Crew
  • Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
    • SlyCat's Pad
« Reply #70 on: June 09, 2013, 18:16:47 »
I've a top tip for anyone who needs help into or out of suit as I do; make proper use of the fursuit lounge. I've not really done this before despite being a relative con veteran however what I did at Confuzzled was put on my undersuit in my room and then put regular clothes on top. Then head down to the fursuit lounge, get into suit and ask someone who's there (there's always someone there) to help zip you up and then go suiting. When it comes to a time when you want to pop your head off for air or water, head back to the fursuit lounge (you should know your own physical limits to not end up in a situation where you're about to pass out and have to remove the head as the lounge was never a huge walk away). If you then want to get out of suit, go back to the fursuit lounge, get some help unzipping, stick the suit on the epic drier of doom and put your regular clothes back on top of your now moist undersuit. Then get back to your room to remove the undersuit and shower :)

Offline Tenderpaws

• Cookie Maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 09, 2013, 18:21:02 »
I've a top tip for anyone who needs help into or out of suit as I do; make proper use of the fursuit lounge. I've not really done this before despite being a relative con veteran however what I did at Confuzzled was put on my undersuit in my room and then put regular clothes on top. Then head down to the fursuit lounge, get into suit and ask someone who's there (there's always someone there) to help zip you up and then go suiting. When it comes to a time when you want to pop your head off for air or water, head back to the fursuit lounge (you should know your own physical limits to not end up in a situation where you're about to pass out and have to remove the head as the lounge was never a huge walk away). If you then want to get out of suit, go back to the fursuit lounge, get some help unzipping, stick the suit on the epic drier of doom and put your regular clothes back on top of your now moist undersuit. Then get back to your room to remove the undersuit and shower :)
It is this amount of effort that people go to, to stay in character that makes me upset to see (I can't be bothered) suiters.

That is my heart felt feeling.

Offline SlyCat

• CFz Crew
  • Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
    • SlyCat's Pad
« Reply #72 on: June 09, 2013, 18:25:12 »
It is this amount of effort that people go to, to stay in character that makes me upset to see (I can't be bothered) suiters.

That is my heart felt feeling.

The thing is, it doesn't feel like effort to me, it just feels like the logical thing to do! If I'm de-suiting in my room, I won't take the head off until I'm back at my room :D

Offline Tenderpaws

• Cookie Maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 09, 2013, 18:33:27 »

[/quote]
The thing is, it doesn't feel like effort to me, it just feels like the logical thing to do! If I'm de-suiting in my room, I won't take the head off until I'm back at my room :D
[/quote]

You nailed it. :)

Tender Paws

Artic Steve

« Reply #74 on: June 09, 2013, 20:02:19 »
I don't think this debate will ever end but if it was a case of 'social deheadding'' then that does need to be pointed out and stopped before it becomes a new ''thing''.