Author Topic: Suit Head Driers  (Read 8918 times)

Offline Hawker-Blue

• Cookie Maker
  • Toyburd Central
    • View Profile
    • FurAffinty Profile Page.
Suit Head Driers
« on: June 03, 2013, 21:07:18 »
So this is a minor gripe of mine, but noticed that a lot of heads were being left on driers for hours in the fursuit lounges. And I mean 6+ hours, without the suit owner returning to remove the head. I know the staff have the right to move heads, but it never seemed to happen. I wouldn’t want to move anyone's head just in case something happened, meaning that my own head (and other people's) ended up on top of the fans used for cooling off full suites, which risked the heads accidental damage and deprived the full suites those fans to use. I know this is really quite a difficult thing to look around on, but it was really the only gripe I had the entire weekend. I also noticed bits of fur suits being left in inconvenient positions on the floor, and again didn’t feel it was my place, or right for me to move them.

Other then that, everything else was absolutely fantastic and I hope to return next year!
Born Ready, Died Dead.

Offline RizzoRattie

• Venue Manager/Head of Fursuit Relations
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • Rat face!
    • View Profile
    • www.colifox.com
Re: Suit Head Driers
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 19:42:51 »
Hi Hawker-Blue,

Whilst it might appear that heads were not being removed, I personally did so on several occassions but the decision was often based on if there was any space at all, or whether or not there was some major event approaching.  If there was any space on any of the head trees, both in the main lounge or the spot lounge, the decision was to limit touching other peoples suits at all possibilities.

I apologise tho that it seems you experienced times where this was not happening.  The fursuit team have already requested for another dryer of doom for next year, plus with the stock we already have, and that which is kindly donated to us for the duration of the con from people like Ceilfox and SFW, we hope this will be more than enough :)

Many thanks,

Rizzo
Forgive me for not jumping for joy, bad back you know ~ Scar; The Lion King

Offline EmberKomodog

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
    • My FA
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2013, 22:10:10 »
As Rizzo has said, we frequently moved heads off of the Dryer of Doom and on to a safe place well within view of their original drying spot. However, these spots very swiftly filled up again! Hopefully we can combat this issue with a second Dryer of Doom :) Watch this space, and I'm sure we can eliminate this understandably frustrating issue!

Ember
Through Nature's Inflexible Grace, I'm Learning To Live

Offline aurora

• I'm on here as much as I can!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2013, 01:46:22 »
Unfortunately the medieval dryer took ages to dry my head.  ???

Offline RiffRaff

• Cookie Maker
  • Blim blim bliiiiim blim :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2013, 15:38:37 »
I found my head upside down on the floor of the large fursuit lounge, and now one of the ears is broken and will need to be repaired

Offline suburbanfox

• Cookie Maker
  • The Leodensian Chocoholic Vulpine
    • View Profile
    • SuburbanFox @ Weasyl
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2013, 16:07:33 »
I found my head upside down on the floor of the large fursuit lounge, and now one of the ears is broken and will need to be repaired

I did notice a few people were being a little less than friendly with others' suits. I put a couple of friends' suits back on the drier properly after they were left hanging by the elastic or neck ruff. I suspect a few folks were rushing around trying to get their heads off the drier and knocking others' stuff around. A bit disappointing but what can you do?  :(

Artic Steve

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2013, 17:53:27 »
I had my own drier in my room. Wetsuit hangers are so useful for fursuits and underarmor. Head dries itself if I left the fans running for a while.

Offline Lazerus101

• Fursuit Event Team
  • CFz Crew
  • Cookie Maker
  • Bunny, Carouser and Fursuit Events Spod
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2013, 19:34:31 »
As one of the fursuit crew I can only apologise that heads were treated less than reverently by other con goers. I can assure you that when we felt the need to remove heads from the dryer they were removed with the greatest care and placed on the empty tables around the room.

Unfortunately some people treated the dryer as their personal storage locker and as this was a new thing for this year we are looking at options to improve the way it is handled.
Though I would say it would be ideal if after an reasonable amount of time people removed their own suits, the reality is we are unable to realistically enforce this.

Offline Bezel

• CFz Senior Security
  • SuperFuzz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2013, 19:57:11 »
As one of the fursuit crew I can only apologise that heads were treated less than reverently by other con goers. I can assure you that when we felt the need to remove heads from the dryer they were removed with the greatest care and placed on the empty tables around the room.

Unfortunately some people treated the dryer as their personal storage locker and as this was a new thing for this year we are looking at options to improve the way it is handled.
Though I would say it would be ideal if after an reasonable amount of time people removed their own suits, the reality is we are unable to realistically enforce this.
Some kind of automatic eject system that fires the head across the room onto a spike if left there for too long ?  ;)

Offline RizzoRattie

• Venue Manager/Head of Fursuit Relations
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • Rat face!
    • View Profile
    • www.colifox.com
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2013, 00:45:56 »

Hi RiffRaff,

all I can say is that I am sorry your head was treated in such poor taste. I can assure you that this was not one of the fursuit team having done this as we very neatly cleared away space and put ALL heads onto the tables when we cleared the dryer down.  Only twice did we clear it down entirely, most other times, there was always space.

The problem will hopefully be solved with the addition of another one next year, budget allowing.  Its certainly high on the priority list.

Sorry again, and I hope that the repair is easily done with no long lasting issues.

Kind Regrds,

Rizzorat
Forgive me for not jumping for joy, bad back you know ~ Scar; The Lion King

Offline Ceil Fox

• CFz Staff
  • Cookie Eater
  • Dance A/V Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2013, 11:14:25 »
Fear not, Confuzzled's top secret naval defence workshops will be producing a LOT more drying equipment before 2014, Confuzzled will have the best fursuit lounge in the world next time, I'll build the stuff and Rizzo will run it!
Confuzzled Dance A/V Manager, Acoustic Armageddon

Offline SFW

• CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • I have a cunning plan.
    • View Profile
    • silverfoxwolf.com
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2013, 13:22:27 »
One point worth noting is that different suits take a varying amount of time to try and in particular padding can be a real pain to fry out properly. So somethings suits will be left on for longer then others.
Warning: Do not expose to shiny things.

Offline Hawker-Blue

• Cookie Maker
  • Toyburd Central
    • View Profile
    • FurAffinty Profile Page.
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2013, 18:32:25 »
I don't dispute that. but surly no suit or head takes 12 hours to dry on a drier of that power?
Born Ready, Died Dead.

Offline RiffRaff

• Cookie Maker
  • Blim blim bliiiiim blim :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2013, 04:34:46 »

Hi RiffRaff,

all I can say is that I am sorry your head was treated in such poor taste. I can assure you that this was not one of the fursuit team having done this as we very neatly cleared away space and put ALL heads onto the tables when we cleared the dryer down.  Only twice did we clear it down entirely, most other times, there was always space.

The problem will hopefully be solved with the addition of another one next year, budget allowing.  Its certainly high on the priority list.

Sorry again, and I hope that the repair is easily done with no long lasting issues.

Kind Regrds,

Rizzorat

Hi Rizzo,

To be honest, it was more the principle to me. I didn't notice the ear was damaged until I got it back to the room.
It'll have to be stripped back to foamwork and repaired from there, but it'll be ok.
May bandage it up for next CF hehe

And I didn't think it would've been one of the staff that did it. :) No worries
You guys kinda had yer hands full anyhow

Offline SlyCat

• CFz Crew
  • Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
    • SlyCat's Pad
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2013, 17:53:09 »
Can I just say thanks to Ceil and the fursuit lounge team for the insanely awesome head and suit drier. I am pretty certain that is the most bonkers and comprehensive suit drier ever at a convention. I was very impressed!

But yes, despite the huge drier, it did seem that people used the driers to store their suits for hours on end rather than leaving it there to dry and then moving it off for other people. I realise that it's not often possible to nip in to the fursuit lounge due to being away in an event or whatever but regardless it did seem that a lot of people were not considering others and selfishly using the drier to store their suits until they needed to wear them again. This happens at every con tho so not sure how it can be tackled.