Author Topic: A mirror for the fursuiters  (Read 6161 times)

Offline aurora

• I'm on here as much as I can!
    • View Profile
A mirror for the fursuiters
« on: June 04, 2013, 11:37:13 »
Some cheap inexpensive A3 size mirrors would have been a useful addition to the fursuit lounges. I found myself having to return to my room to check that the fur around the base of my head was sitting neatly on my shoulders and that the ribbon of my badge was the Confuzzled side showing.

Offline Bezel

• CFz Senior Security
  • SuperFuzz!
    • View Profile
Re: A mirror for the fursuiters
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 13:14:17 »
Someone suggested mirrors in the fursuit lounge during the feedback session on Monday (see what you missed !  ;) )

Although mirrors (of the full length type) are on the wish-list, there was just no money in the budget this year (after building all the other new spiffy stuff like the super turbo fursuit dryomatic 4000 ;))

The staff have (apparently) some cunning and ingenious plans for mirrors for next year...

Offline aurora

• I'm on here as much as I can!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2013, 13:47:40 »
If I'd thought about it I could have brought my own, an A3 size acrylic safety mirror on eBay from £4.65 delivered.

Offline Washu

• ConOps Deputy & GOH Liaison
  • CFz Staff
  • Omg, I post a lot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2013, 17:47:27 »
As per the feedback session the mirrors were originally intended to be part of the fursuit department but due to budget issues these could not be purchased this year. We will certainly try to have them for next year to make the lounge better for all.
The next train to arrive is the 13:40 train to Hull, which is a pity as this is Tesco's.

Offline RizzoRattie

• Venue Manager/Head of Fursuit Relations
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • Rat face!
    • View Profile
    • www.colifox.com
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2013, 19:36:50 »
As per the feedback from others already, indeed the official answer was simply a budget issue.  Whilst they are cheap, mirrors are not essential, and we have to prioritise our cash flow.  We continue to keep the mirrors on our wish list, as well as more fans (every year, MORE FANS!!! mwhahaha) but given the bigger venue and 3x size fursuit lounge for next year, be mindful that budgets will be spent primarily on new dryers again, and if there is left overs, mirrors, coat rails etc.. will also be up there. ^.^
Forgive me for not jumping for joy, bad back you know ~ Scar; The Lion King

Offline Bob Drake

• Cookie Maker
    • View Profile
    • BD's website
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2013, 21:27:07 »
Yes it was a bit funny...every time I got into the suit I had to go into the nearby men's room - into which I barely fit when wearing the well-padded fursuit -  to use the mirror to see if everything was on properly, and to put on/take off my eye makeup (needed for the fursuit because the head uses my own eyes.) Otherwise the bigger fursuit lounge this year was better than the two small ones last year. Of course that's all going to be different in the new hotel, looking forward to it. 

I'd happily contribute to a mirror fund.

Offline Snackcat

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2013, 22:05:42 »
Couldn't agree with this more, Full body mirrors would be great, but there is the danger of a suiter with a big body and not much peripheral vision knocking it over (and no one likes shredded fursuit)

Offline EmberKomodog

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
    • My FA
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2013, 22:16:31 »
We certainly have plans in the background, currently spinning away, as to how to make mirrors both a reality, and entirely safe/awesome!

Watch this space, and hopefully things will be super awesome next year for checking how you look before checking out of the lounge :D
Through Nature's Inflexible Grace, I'm Learning To Live

Offline Vector

• Cookie Maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2013, 22:34:13 »
A mirror & a clock and you'll have the perfect fursuit lounge. Congrats to the fursuit team for this year !

Offline Lazerus101

• Fursuit Event Team
  • CFz Crew
  • Cookie Maker
  • Bunny, Carouser and Fursuit Events Spod
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2013, 21:14:12 »
Believe me folks. Just because it hasn't happened yet does not mean your suggestions haven't been taken on board.
A mirror has been on the "Desirable but not essential" list for a while.