Author Topic: Hinckley Island Hotel Appreciation  (Read 6392 times)

Offline James The Dog

• Omg, I post a lot!
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Hinckley Island Hotel Appreciation
« on: June 06, 2013, 11:47:13 »
I decided to start this thread so that we can leave our appreciation towards the Hinckley Island Hotel and their staff. We're really sad to be leaving.

Offline Olivitree

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
Re: Hinckley Island Hotel Appreciation
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2013, 11:54:13 »
It was my first ConFuzzled and the Hinckley staff helped make it great! Only knew them for the weekend, but I'm sad to not be going there again. The Hinckley is a lovely venue and such nice surroundings as well!
The Hilton is going to have to work hard to make it feel so friendly and involved.

Offline Hawker-Blue

• Cookie Maker
  • Toyburd Central
    • View Profile
    • FurAffinty Profile Page.
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2013, 12:18:54 »
The staff at the Hinckley Isle were fantastic, beyond what i had expected. I'm sad to move onto a Hilton, but the needs of the con must. I had read somewhere that a few of them may pop up at CFz2014 to say hello, if that's' so it would be fantastic! They were so accommodating, putting up with the absolutely random toss from us (which included giving a bird sugar cubes for his shiny teapot!)
Born Ready, Died Dead.

Offline Aurocard

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2013, 14:05:28 »
The staff at Hinckley were just flat out amazing. Not one was rude, pushy, or absurd. They Dealt with everything patiently and with a smile on their face. And they were great sports to wear the shirts as well! I actually overheard one of them say it was a shame they couldn't keep the shirts because they were adorable XD.

All in all, they helped provide a good experience in the hotel itself, and I'll miss them next con. It'll be big shoes for the Hilton to fill!

-Auro
I'm Kilroy.

Offline aurora

• I'm on here as much as I can!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2013, 21:14:59 »
It's a great hotel and the staff were friendly I will miss them.

Offline Mat_Husky

• Cookie Eater
  • Fluffy Husky of Doom!
    • View Profile
    • Mat_Husky's FurAffinity Page
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2013, 23:08:53 »
I found the staff both last year and this year to be fantastic. They were always very friendly, polite, and helpful. They put in a lot of hard work and seemed to really enjoy themselves along with the rest of the attendees. :)

Offline RizzoRattie

• Venue Manager/Head of Fursuit Relations
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • Rat face!
    • View Profile
    • www.colifox.com
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2013, 02:44:41 »
What more can I say othe than thank you to you all for showing your appreciation.  I became very good friends with all of them given how frequently I was there, and they always greeted me with such enthusiasm and excitement.  I am very sad to be going, but the needs of the convention are a must.  However, we have extended invites to them to next years event, and I sincerely hope many of them will take up the offer.
Forgive me for not jumping for joy, bad back you know ~ Scar; The Lion King

Offline Bob Drake

• Cookie Maker
    • View Profile
    • BD's website
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2013, 06:50:04 »
Just want to add my thanks as well to the Hinckley staff, it's been great!

Offline Kamuniak

• Cookie Eater
  • Picture by AlectorFencer
    • View Profile
    • Kamuniak.com
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2013, 22:30:32 »
Lovely hotel and as nature lover and photographer I really liked the surrounding, fields and fountain and everything.

One evening my flashlight ran out of batteries. I went to reception to ask nearest place where I could buy new ones. But they just asked what kind of batteries I need, went to back room and brought me fresh new packet of batteries, no charge.

More hotels like this <3

Offline MorbiusMonster

• Omg, I post a lot!
  • Shadowmancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2013, 07:46:07 »
I concur! Me and my friend sat for breakfast on the last day and one of the members of hotel staff came over and said they'd had such fun hosting us this year, they hadn't met such a friendly, fun-loving and well mannered group of people.

I'm so glad they even got involved by wearing the shirts for the con, I hope the Metropole staff will have as much fun.