Author Topic: Laser photoshoot suggestions  (Read 5217 times)

Offline Axle

• CFz Crew
  • Cookie Maker
    • View Profile
Laser photoshoot suggestions
« on: July 07, 2013, 20:38:12 »
Obviously the new venue will improve the situation in certain aspects but from a personal PoV, there were a couple of things I'd like to see implemented where possible.

• Hazer - the smoke machine worked, though I personally would have preferred to see less actual smoke in the photos.
  • Live preview - posing was actually quite hard when you have no idea of what it actually looks like with the lighting behind you, perhaps a screen of some form behind the camera?
  • Less rigging - personally there's a little too much background distraction for my tastes, but I see this being rectified with the new venue setup anyhow

So Mr Lasers and Mr Photographer, can we see any Yag and Tom magic in regard to any of these? :)

Offline Swolf

• Track Lead - Dances
  • CFz Staff
  • Omg, I post a lot!
    • View Profile
Re: Laser photoshoot suggestions
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2013, 21:38:29 »
Hmmm regarding the preview, given the new larger nightclub, projection screens are looking a good possibility, no reason these couldn't be used for a preview of the shot if the lasers are set up the other side :)

Offline yagfox

• CFz Crew
  • SuperFuzz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2013, 22:15:54 »
Next year will be a whole different setup, but now we know there is some interest from people in getting these photos done, we will make it more of a thing (background blackouts etc.), essentially this year's setup was the nightclub first and foremost, and a photo backdrop secondly! :)

We can certainly look in to a preview, even if it's a good old fashioned mirror! I appreciate that most people wouldn't have known what was going on behind them! :)

There was also a request on the day for a very large group shot we couldn't accomodate, so we'll look in to that as well! :)

Offline Axle

• CFz Crew
  • Cookie Maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2013, 22:58:31 »
most people wouldn't have known what was going on behind them! :)

I did have to stop myself mid-turning round to get a silhouette style photo from behind when I remembered that a) crew may not be able to tell I had my eyes closed for safety and b) others might try the same and not realise to not stare up at the shiny things :p

I do love that when I suggested a preview method that my head went straight to expensive techy methods rather than something as simple as a mirror XD

Offline yagfox

• CFz Crew
  • SuperFuzz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2013, 23:14:06 »
You were safe to turn around within the marked out photo area, though as you were being lit with flash guns, your sillhouette would've just been a picture of your bum! :) :) :)

We'll have to experiment with mirrors/previews, the light of a preview screen may upset the photos, but it may be too dark to see yourself in a mirror! Maybe a screen showing the last shot, with a blackout switch on it?

We will experiment, if demand is this high again, we may find we can offer more than one session as well! :)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 23:32:06 by yagfox »

Offline yagfox

• CFz Crew
  • SuperFuzz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2013, 23:16:22 »
We could probably do with some illuminated props as well, the light sabres were very effective this year! :)

Offline Axle

• CFz Crew
  • Cookie Maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2013, 00:04:06 »
We'll have to experiment with mirrors/previews, the light of a preview screen may upset the photos, but it may be too dark to see yourself in a mirror! Maybe a screen showing the last shot, with a blackout switch on it?

If brightness during the photo taking would be an issue from the screen, you could always have it with a blackout as you say, but have the live preview till you've struck the pose then it can be blacked out for the photo.

But definitely going along next year for some more snaps, especially if there's group opportunity ;)