Author Topic: Registration Questions  (Read 14804 times)

Offline Rorschfox

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
    • Rorschfox's FA Page (NSFW)
Registration Questions
« on: September 02, 2013, 18:34:24 »
Sorry if I'm sounding a bit impatient (or over-eager!), but I've just got a couple of questions about registration for ConFuzzled 2014.

Firstly, when (roughly) will registration be opening?

Secondly, is there an early arrival option this year?

And finally, will you be offering the vouchers as you have in previous years, so folks can purchase registrations for other attendees?

Offline Tungro

• Deputy of Registration, Video Team Member
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • I'm an otter in the water, swimming around...
    • View Profile
    • Riverdog.net
Re: Registration Questions
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 09:23:43 »
Hi! Glad to see you're that eager to register!

Registration will be opening soon. Last year we opened mid-September. I think we'll be opening a little later than that this year (there're usually slightly different things how new venues like things to run compared to old venues) but not by much. I have no fixed date yet BUT it'll likely be sometime end of this month or early October.

More information on early arrival and late departure will be available on the full website when that goes live, which I expect to be very soon! I can't see why not, though there's the possibility it may work slightly differently this year, I don't know yet. I know that staff will want to be there earlier (to get stuff set up) so the likelihood of this being offered to attendees is very high!

I'm still trying to work out the best way of sorting out paying for other people. I think we'll probably stick with the voucher system again this year, even though I know it's not been the most intuitive way to do so. However we do it, there'll be a way of purchasing registrations for others, as I know that's a feature a fair few attendees use! :)

So, in short, I guess the summary is... please wait for the full website to go live for more details!

Offline Rorschfox

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
    • Rorschfox's FA Page (NSFW)
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2013, 17:53:00 »
Thank you for the reply, Tungro!

Yes, I'm eager to register. I've made 6 CFz already; I'm definitely up for number 7!

The early arrival question was just down to the fact I might have two airport stops this year, and small car + too many passengers = somebody on the roof! So the early arrival option is important for me this year.

And it's good to know there'll still be a way of purchasing registrations for other attendees.

In the meantime, I'll wait patiently(-ish) for the full website to go live!

Offline Ellis

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2013, 17:20:45 »
This will be the first time for me registering to stay for the whole weekend (so sorry for the n00bish question), i'm interested to know as i have someone who will be sharing a room with me...do i book a twin room and register as normal. Then the other party registers and informs they will be sharing with me?

Many thanks,

Ellis

Offline Rwylin

• CFz Senior Security
  • SuperFuzz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2013, 19:02:32 »
This will be the first time for me registering to stay for the whole weekend (so sorry for the n00bish question), i'm interested to know as i have someone who will be sharing a room with me...do i book a twin room and register as normal. Then the other party registers and informs they will be sharing with me?

Many thanks,

Ellis

yeah reg as normal for a twin room and then email CF with the other persons name, badge number stateing that u want to roomshare with said person.... u will both need to send the emails.
Mew =^_^=.

Offline Matt the Lion

• Convention Chairman
  • Forum Admins
  • SuperFuzz!
  • King of the Jungle
    • View Profile
    • My Photography (Mostly big cats)
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2013, 20:08:50 »
Hi,

If you are registering for a twin (2 x 1-person beds) or a double (1 x 2-person bed) room, you can set up the room sharing in our registration system once you're both registered and paid up - you do not need to email us.
"I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant."

"It is much more comfortable to be mad and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts."

Offline Rwylin

• CFz Senior Security
  • SuperFuzz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2013, 07:33:32 »
Hi,

If you are registering for a twin (2 x 1-person beds) or a double (1 x 2-person bed) room, you can set up the room sharing in our registration system once you're both registered and paid up - you do not need to email us.

Wow thats changed, ive always had to email ^^     
Mew =^_^=.

Offline James The Dog

• Omg, I post a lot!
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2013, 10:13:49 »
It hasn't changed, I've never had to email!

Offline Matt the Lion

• Convention Chairman
  • Forum Admins
  • SuperFuzz!
  • King of the Jungle
    • View Profile
    • My Photography (Mostly big cats)
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2013, 10:17:23 »
In our previous hotels, there were some non-standard roomsharing combinations (3 or more people sharing a room) that would often require emails to be sent. In the new venue we don't have those options this year, so all room-sharing setups should be done via our online system.
"I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant."

"It is much more comfortable to be mad and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts."

Offline Rwylin

• CFz Senior Security
  • SuperFuzz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2013, 10:55:56 »
In our previous hotels, there were some non-standard roomsharing combinations (3 or more people sharing a room) that would often require emails to be sent. In the new venue we don't have those options this year, so all room-sharing setups should be done via our online system.

So is it only two person roomshares this year?   or are we not allowed to know yet?
Mew =^_^=.

Offline Ellis

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2013, 11:32:21 »
Hi,

Ah right ok, thanks for the reply much appreciated! So as i understand once both registered log in and select that we're staying with each other? Cool :)

Offline RizzoRattie

• Venue Manager/Head of Fursuit Relations
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • Rat face!
    • View Profile
    • www.colifox.com
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2013, 16:12:33 »
@Rwylin

2 person room shares only.  There are no other configuration options available within our room block for more than 2 people per room
Forgive me for not jumping for joy, bad back you know ~ Scar; The Lion King

Offline Badgermancer

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2013, 08:33:29 »
Is there an idea of how much it would cost for a single (vewwy lonely) person to a single room (including sponsor gifts)?

Offline Tungro

• Deputy of Registration, Video Team Member
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • I'm an otter in the water, swimming around...
    • View Profile
    • Riverdog.net
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2013, 00:06:34 »
Is there an idea of how much it would cost for a single (vewwy lonely) person to a single room (including sponsor gifts)?

Keep an eye on the website. Those details will be revealed very soon!

Offline Ellis

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2013, 18:43:31 »
Sorry to bring this up again, friends asking me about it...

So i register to stay, book room. They register to stay, but dont book room and then they select to stay with me?