Author Topic: Gaming for next year's con  (Read 3582 times)

Offline MorbiusMonster

• Omg, I post a lot!
  • Shadowmancer
    • View Profile
Gaming for next year's con
« on: September 06, 2013, 19:24:37 »
Hey there!

I have to say, I didn't expect to see so many gamers at the con just gone. I spend about an hour just casually walking about the hotel and found over a dozen 3DS carriers and the games room wasn't too shabby either!

Will there be another room dedicated for gaming next year? I hope there is because I remember the feedback panel say they might not bring back the DDR next year because of its size and mass, so a few dancing games might be in order.

Also, can we bring our own games consoles and let people have a go with them? I've got games like Injustice and Rabbids Land and a Wii U, which I wouldn't mind sharing, provided they don't make a mess of it (*points at Brok with a half eaten cookie*).

Lastly, I think it wouldn't go amiss to have a little thread for people who might be playing games like Animal Crossing or Pokemon (let's face it, we're 18+ but no furry can resist these games!), so perhaps there could be time tabled sessions where players of these titles can mingle.

-GM
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 19:26:33 by MorbiusMonster »

Offline MorbiusMonster

• Omg, I post a lot!
  • Shadowmancer
    • View Profile
Re: Gaming for next year's con
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 21:15:16 »
I wanted to revive this topic, because I think my question wasn't answered about who was running the video games rooms for 2014 and if we could bring our own games or consoles if there was demand for them.

Offline Matt the Lion

• Convention Chairman
  • Forum Admins
  • SuperFuzz!
  • King of the Jungle
    • View Profile
    • My Photography (Mostly big cats)
Re: Gaming for next year's con
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2014, 22:51:46 »
Hi there - I believe our events team are currently working on deciding how they want to run the Gaming stuff this year - if you get in touch with them on events@confuzzled.org.uk I'm sure they'd love to hear your ideas, or perhaps you might like to help out.
"I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant."

"It is much more comfortable to be mad and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts."