Author Topic: Space (Exercise) Balls!  (Read 5093 times)

Offline Tatsu

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
Space (Exercise) Balls!
« on: September 24, 2013, 05:24:30 »
Pretty sure this wouldn't be all too well taken by health and safety but a concept that made me chuckle none the less.

An event idea sheerly for the slow mo replays that are bound to make it onto Fursuit TV.

Its simple. An assault course, teams of 3 or 4, one team at a time running the themed course and collecting items as they go.

And lots of exercise balls being hurled at the innocent Fursuiters.

Rules: get more points than the other teams. Points are earned for number of hits and/or dodges, items retrieved and bonus points for best, second and third best time completed.

Rule of common sense: Who ever throws the balls (Con staff, opposing teams etc.) don't toss your balls so hard you end up whacking someone's ears off, come on man, keep this nice clean fun.

Offline leinir

• Website Coder
  • Cookie Maker
    • View Profile
Re: Space (Exercise) Balls!
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2013, 08:29:41 »
In case of logistics concerns - my better half and i would lkely be able to supply the balls :)

Offline Tatsu

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2013, 21:56:01 »
That would be cool! I just hope health and safety would okay this xp

Offline Delph

• Events Lead
  • Cookie Maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2013, 14:00:36 »
See, now I'm wondering how to transport the equipment for Total Wipeout into the stage area, as I'd really love to see the slow motion replay of a 'suiter slipping on a massive bouncy ball and sliding slowly, gracefully into the water, to surface looking more like a drowned rat than a proud member of the feline race.

Sadly, I'm not sure if the hotel will let me turn the main stage into a pool and water park.

Thanks for the idea though, and we'll keep it around to see if it fits into one of the other events.

Offline SFW

• CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • I have a cunning plan.
    • View Profile
    • silverfoxwolf.com
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2013, 22:20:23 »
Health and safety senses... tingling...

More seriously, all idea are good if thought out and planned with a suitable risk assessment carried out that is reasonable and practicable in it's application. 
Warning: Do not expose to shiny things.

Offline Axle

• CFz Crew
  • Cookie Maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2013, 20:23:46 »
As a suiter and someone who scouts out events beforehand to take part in, this would be a MASSIVE no personally.
People throwing massive, not exactly lightweight balls at my rather expensive fursuit head? H&S aside, I'd still not participate.