Author Topic: Costume Contest Idea  (Read 4313 times)

Offline BaronVonFail

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
Costume Contest Idea
« on: September 02, 2013, 18:34:24 »
It may be a simple idea but why don't you run a costume contest?

Not only would it help people get involved with the theme it also gives the people who can't afford a fursuit or just don't like to suit some way they can contribute to the theme.

My suggestions for how it could be run are as following:

• You could have two categories, one fursuiter in costume and the other for non-suiters in costume with a separate top 3 of both categories for the winners.
  • Have 3-4 judges to score them.
  • Could be judged on more than just the costume for example matching props how they act and hold them self (is it like the character they are trying to be for example)
  • From both categories have the judges each pick a favorite (doesn't have to be one of the top 3 its just the costume they liked the best, maybe have a prize awarded for that)
  • Prize insensitive would create more interest but it wouldn't have to be anything huge its all fun and games at the end of the day

I don't have much else to add to the idea at the moment, but I would love to hear everyone's input on this if you think its a nice idea and what else could be done with it like I said my idea is basic as hell but it doesn't need to be much.

Offline Delph

• Events Lead
  • Cookie Maker
    • View Profile
Re: Costume Contest Idea
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2013, 22:13:50 »
Hi there!

This sounds like a good idea - like some of the masquerade events at other conventions. We've been thinking this year about maybe having some sort of performance/costuming/skit event, but we're not sure how popular it might be - it would feel a bit strange to have just two or three people on stage.

So here's an open question to everyone -  Would you take part? If so, what would you perform?

If there's enough interest we can look at actually making this happen.

Offline Leophan

• Cookie Eater
  • Rawr from Norway!
    • View Profile
    • My FA
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2013, 09:45:08 »
Been thinking about getting some sort of sci-fi cosplay for this, but I most likely wont join a competition.

Offline leinir

• Website Coder
  • Cookie Maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2013, 09:56:30 »
Already working on a suitably sci fi costume... so, yeah, would be pretty neat :)