Author Topic: I got my artwork shown on US TV!!  (Read 4935 times)

Offline Rorschfox

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
    • Rorschfox's FA Page (NSFW)
I got my artwork shown on US TV!!
« on: September 30, 2013, 18:38:28 »
Yep, it's true: my artwork got featured on the Fox News show, "Red Eye w/Greg Gutfeld", on September 14th! (And off-topic as it may be, I thought I'd share the story with you!)

It all started with an e-mail from one of the show's producers on the previous day, where they asked me if they could use some of my artwork on their programme. At first, I thought it was a prank; but as I checked up on it, I found out that it wasn't a spam mail, but an actual legitimate request!!

As someone who knows UK copyright law (thanks to a friend), I asserted my moral rights as an artist, ensuring they couldn't alter the artwork in any way. (This is one of the many reasons why I say moral rights are so important!) They agreed, and picked three of my pieces to show: Warrior Panda, Joy and Aiden.

I'll admit, I was stunned by this turn of events, and I was astonished to see my artwork appear on the show. (I saw it for the first time on Saturday 28th September.) But it was fun to see, and I'd certainly consider doing something like that again!

And for those who missed it (which is most of us here in the UK!), you can see the full episode here:-

http://video.foxnews.com/v/2676579399001/full-episode-red-eye-91413/

(My art appears in the final section, about a minute from the end of the show.)

Thanks for reading!

Offline SFW

• CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • I have a cunning plan.
    • View Profile
    • silverfoxwolf.com
Re: I got my artwork shown on US TV!!
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2013, 21:49:54 »
Getting published is always a nice thing, or shown to a much wider audience :)
Warning: Do not expose to shiny things.

Offline Rorschfox

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2013, 06:24:13 »
It really was fantastic when it happened - and totally unexpected, too!

What makes it even more special is the unique course of events that saw them choose my artwork. It was a fluke - but one I'm certainly not going to complain about!

Offline Skitzy

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2013, 20:57:30 »
Was great to see your work on Fox, RF.

And glad to see advice taken. Moral rights vital. Now you know why can never be lost.

See Fox adhered to request. Not much choice, though. Only legal option. But good to see, still.

And who knows where this will lead?

Offline Rorschfox

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2013, 17:58:35 »
Yep, Fox kept to my request. But as you say, they didn't really have much of a choice in the matter!

(Then again, they know better than most that when it comes to issues of copyright, they have to respect the copyright owner's wishes!)

It was still a giant fluke that I got picked, though. They told me how they did it, and I followed the same route to see what happens. Apparently, they discovered me via the old VCL, then DA - neither of which are my main accounts. But whatever twist of fate saw them choose my work, I'm certainly not complaining about it!

And of course, thanks for your advice on the matter!