Author Topic: What time is check-in/out?  (Read 6517 times)

Offline Cassie

• Cookie Eater
  • RAWR! >:D
    • View Profile
    • Aurora Fabrications
What time is check-in/out?
« on: January 17, 2014, 12:44:30 »
I'm sure it must say somewhere on the site or here on the forums due to travel reasons, but what time must you arrive/check-in? (residential ticket)
Please let me know what time you have to check in by if you come the day before, the time you must check in by on the first day, and the time you check out on the last day and the day after.
I'm assuming it's just when the hotel says you have to check in, but I just want to make sure.
Thank you!  :D

Offline RizzoRattie

• Venue Manager/Head of Fursuit Relations
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • Rat face!
    • View Profile
    • www.colifox.com
Re: What time is check-in/out?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2014, 03:10:15 »
Hi GlowWolf,

please find the following answers to your question:

Check-in Time: 3pm onwards
Check-out Time: 12pm (midday)

Late check outs are subject to late fees, which are the direct responsibility of the occupants of the room, and not the Convention.

Hope this helps :)

Many thanks,

Rizzo
Forgive me for not jumping for joy, bad back you know ~ Scar; The Lion King

Offline Cassie

• Cookie Eater
  • RAWR! >:D
    • View Profile
    • Aurora Fabrications
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2014, 11:10:48 »
Hi GlowWolf,

Late check outs are subject to late fees, which are the direct responsibility of the occupants of the room, and not the Convention.

Many thanks,

Rizzo

Thank you very much! It's very helpful for travel arrangements and such ^^

Offline Muddy The Fox

• I'm on here as much as I can!
  • Pie edition
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2014, 21:35:44 »
Hi GlowWolf,

Many thanks,

Rizzo
I'm a none residential member, do these times apply for every day? :)
Confuzzled
2014 #295
2015 #323
2016 #597

Offline aurora

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2014, 01:28:46 »
Hi GlowWolf,

Many thanks,

Rizzo

3:00pm is presumably the earliest you should arrive if attending the day before (I have booked the extra day before), I assume that applies to non-residential as well as residential. 12:00pm is the latest you should vacate your room on the last day of the con which won't apply to non-residential. Last year the hotel staff were great and allowed me an extra hour to leave the room as I was attending one of the late events, they had secure storage for my cases so I didn't have to sit with them while I awaited for my transport home. 

It would be interesting to know what times the rooms are ready if attending the day before as wouldn't want to be hanging around until my room is available?

Offline Bezel

• CFz Senior Security
  • SuperFuzz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2014, 12:59:26 »

These times are for checking into and out of your room at the Hilton - for non-residential members, you'll need to check the check-in/out times of whatever hotel you're staying at.  I'm confused by what you mean by "every day" though - you only check in once when you arrive on the first day at your hotel, and check out once when you leave the hotel at the end of your stay.

If you're referring to what times registration for the convention will be open, I don't think they've been announced yet.

It would be interesting to know what times the rooms are ready if attending the day before as wouldn't want to be hanging around until my room is available?

Check-in time the day before will presumably be exactly the same as any other day - i.e. 3pm.

Note - these are purely my own views and not an official statement :)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 13:07:18 by Bezel »

Offline Muddy The Fox

• Pie edition
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2014, 20:04:34 »
Sorry lol
What I meant was I go home each day of the convention as I live locally. I was wondering what times do I need to arrive and leave the venue. :)
Confuzzled
2014 #295
2015 #323
2016 #597

Offline Bezel

• CFz Senior Security
  • SuperFuzz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2014, 20:09:31 »
Sorry lol
What I meant was I go home each day of the convention as I live locally. I was wondering what times do I need to arrive and leave the venue. :)

Ahh :)

The last part is easy enough - basically, you're supposed to leave the hotel within half an hour of the last officially scheduled event of the day finishing - for most days, this is usually the nightclub closing.

As for when you can arrive - well, I'm not sure we've ever enforced a "you can't arrive before x" rule, though if security spots a non-resident in the hotel at 5am who says they were just "arriving early", there will be questions asked !  8)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 20:12:38 by Bezel »

Offline Muddy The Fox

• Pie edition
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2014, 20:12:17 »
Ah thanks! I don't want to miss out on any of the scheduled events XD Just need to plan my journey as I am about half an hour away :)
Confuzzled
2014 #295
2015 #323
2016 #597

Offline RizzoRattie

• CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • Rat face!
    • View Profile
    • www.colifox.com
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2014, 17:07:02 »
It should also be noted that as well as CFz security, the hotel have their own security as well, and will obviously ask anyone seen lounging around in corners or on seats to leave if they are not resident to the hotel.  As well as that, the hotel will not serve drink to anyone that is not resident past 11pm, just as a general bit of info.

Offline Rwylin

• CFz Senior Security
  • SuperFuzz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2014, 17:16:50 »
It should also be noted that as well as CFz security, the hotel have their own security as well, and will obviously ask anyone seen lounging around in corners or on seats to leave if they are not resident to the hotel.  As well as that, the hotel will not serve drink to anyone that is not resident past 11pm, just as a general bit of info.

So is the nightclub closing about 11, as there is going to be people who want to stay for the whole event and then leave to go to there own places?
Or is the bar closest to the nightclub going to keep serving non residents till the event finishes (if there is a bar close to the nightclub, as there was one last year i thought there would be another this year *yes i know its a new hotel and all but it was handy*)
Mew =^_^=.

Offline RizzoRattie

• CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • Rat face!
    • View Profile
    • www.colifox.com
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2014, 19:01:58 »
Not sure where you made the connection from sorry Rwylin that the nightclub will close at 11pm?  The bars are independant from the nightclub, and run by the Hilton staff.  They will not serve alcohol to anyone beyond 11pm if you are non resident.  How they implement control of that is down to them.  However, without looking at the event schedule to confirm, my assumption will be that, as per year on year, the nightclub will close around 2am.

There is a bar that is exclusive to our event, the Millers.  However, the same rule as above applies.  That said, I suspect it is highly unlikely that they will refuse to serve people whom are obviously part of our event, resident or not.  But the policy remains, and again, its up to them how they execute this.

Hope this clears things up?