Author Topic: Who owns Brok the Badger?  (Read 3088 times)

Offline MorbiusMonster

• Omg, I post a lot!
  • Shadowmancer
    • View Profile
Who owns Brok the Badger?
« on: January 23, 2014, 10:28:36 »
I'm just curious as to who owns the character. You see, I've recently designed a very nice picture of him for the conbook, but it's matching in the theme of this large charity canvas I am doing.

Picture can be found https://www.furaffinity.net/view/12568160/

I would like to know if I can get permission to use him in a large charity canvas I am doing, since I reckon it'd get more attention if the Confuzzled Mascot was in it! Details of the canvas are here https://www.furaffinity.net/journal/5430548/

If not, this picture will just be sent for the conbook.

-MM

Offline Twll

• Convention Book Editor
  • CFz Staff
  • Omg, I post a lot!
    • View Profile
    • pumathing.com
Re: Who owns Brok the Badger?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 15:57:05 »
Hi there!

Despite anything he might say to the contrary, Brok is owned by ConFuzzled, and while we're usually okay for him to feature in auction artwork that's 100% for charity, we don't want him to be in anything that's adult themed or has other companies' trademarks in it. Having him dressed a bit like another character is very different to dressing up exactly like a trademarked character (which is a shame, as he loves playing dress up).

It is nice of you to ask, though! <3

Offline MorbiusMonster

• Omg, I post a lot!
  • Shadowmancer
    • View Profile
Re: Who owns Brok the Badger?
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2014, 16:36:29 »
Thanks for getting back in touch. Unfortunately the canvas won't be 100% for charity, because I need to cover my overheads on it i.e. printing fees, framing and all that, plus I want to make a little on the side of it, so I won't use Brok for that canvas then.

However, are you okay if I do a photo print of him, on his own, on photo paper is he signs it? It'd be 100% for charity for a solo shot.