Author Topic: Werewolves  (Read 3746 times)

Offline MorbiusMonster

• Omg, I post a lot!
  • Shadowmancer
    • View Profile
Werewolves
« on: April 23, 2014, 13:47:19 »
I just noticed that the Surrey Room on Sunday has an hour block for "Werewolves" for this year's convention. I have to ask - what is that event for? I also notice that Surrey is booked out for late night boardgaming daily, so I am wondering if it might be a session for "Werewolves of Miller's Hollow" (it's a card game of bluffing, deduction and role-playing). What's happening there?

Offline Delph

• Events Lead
  • Cookie Maker
    • View Profile
Re: Werewolves
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 21:30:04 »
Your guess is correct, indeed.

Offline MorbiusMonster

• Omg, I post a lot!
  • Shadowmancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2014, 06:36:20 »
Neat. Shall I still bring my box? I have my own deck.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 10:31:51 by MorbiusMonster »

Offline Paw-Fox

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2014, 17:02:12 »
+1 for Werewolves.
Would make my day seeing as I'm only visiting for one day :)

For anyone who is interested and shameless bump because werewolves is awesome.

---
The short version is that it is a game with 2 basic teams, the werewolves and the village. The werewolves want to eat the village, and the village want to lynch those nasty wolves. This happens in two phases of the game - the night phase and the day phase (unsurprisingly). At the start of the game everyone is secretly dealt a card which only they may look at giving them their role for the game.

Night phase - everyone closes their eyes. The moderator asks the werewolves to wake up and then silently point at one player to devour. They then close their eyes and the moderator will wake up the whole town leading into the...

Day phase - Everyone is now awake. The player who has been devoured is revealed (and mocked for being too tasty). The village then discuss the hairy problem they have been presented with, and will vote to lynch one person, in the hopes of killing off one of the dastardly wolves.

That's the basics - it is a lot of fun and plenty of shenanigans will entail as people present entertaining defenses as to why they should not be strung up (ranging from the ever popular "Statistically I CANT be a werewolf" to the ever foolish "I'm new please don't kill me" - this will get you killed 9 times out of 10), or fits of spontaneous night phase giggling occur or my personal favourite - the impromptu night phase eyes closed sing along.

There's more!

There is a wide range of "power" role cards as well! These range from evil pipers trying to bewitch the village, to kindly old crone witches with the power to raise the dead!
(Don't be put off by the length of it - the game is actually quite simple and very very easy to pick up)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 17:06:19 by Paw-Fox »