Author Topic: Motorfurs Meet  (Read 13248 times)

Offline Kyyanno

• Convention Logistics
  • CFz Staff
  • Omg, I post a lot!
    • View Profile
Motorfurs Meet
« on: January 26, 2014, 21:20:02 »
Just to lay to rest a few rumours that have come to my attention this weekend, I can confirm that there *WILL* be a Motorfurs event at CFz 2014. It will be held on Saturday, May 24th, between 13:00 and 15:00.

There is no requirement to leave the car park through the exit barriers, so there should be no concern about the exit charge.

-------UPDATE-------

Please see the attached .pdf for details of the Motorfurs meet. You may move your vehicle to the designated area from 12:00 only, if you turn up before this time you will be turned away.

The barrier to the parking area will be operated by CFz staff and you will be directed to a parking space. Please keep vehicle movements to an absolute minimum once you are parked.

We will attempt to cater for space for everyone who brings their vehicle, however this is our first year using this venue and this space, therefore we don't actually know how many vehicles we can fit, so please be patient and bear with us while we arrange vehicles & accept our advance apologies if we need to limit numbers. 

The area must be vacated by 16:00 at the very latest.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tca91ybq7p821co/motorfurs.pdf

TL:DR - document shows you where the staff car park area is in relation to the hotel, so it's now your fault if you don't read it & end up leaving the car park & getting charged :P
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 16:03:02 by Kyyanno »

Offline BadBoyBunny

• CFz Security (Nightclub Team Lead)
  • Cookie Maker
    • View Profile
Re: Motorfurs Meet
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2014, 03:01:35 »
Awesome :)

Offline Madhusky2012

• I'm on here as much as I can!
  • work hard, play hard, dance hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2014, 18:57:24 »
Sweet

Offline Kyyanno

• Convention Logistics
  • CFz Staff
  • Omg, I post a lot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2014, 14:06:19 »
Update:

Just to reassure people who are worried about the parking charge at the hotel this year, the Motorfurs Meet is being held in a set-aside area of the hotel staff car park.

This area can be reached without having to leave the main car park, therefore no entry/exit charges will be incurred if you are bringing your car to the Meet.

Space *will* be limited this year however. More details on timings to follow.

Offline Stik

• Cookie Maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2014, 20:05:30 »
Glad to hear it's still going ahead, was a bit concerned the parking fee would kill it by encouraging people to get public transport instead (the horror!)   

Sadly i'm planning on selling the Exige in the next few weeks, so probably won't have acquired anything interesting to replace it by the time CFz comes around.  Will still come along for a nosey at everything else though :)

Offline Ellis

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2014, 18:01:26 »
Was going to ask do we need to register or put our names down to attend, but see somethings in the pipeline :)

Offline Balkor Wolf

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2014, 14:54:55 »
I'd love to come along but I'm too ashamed to show off my car to people who know what they are talking about

Offline drayygon

• I'm on here as much as I can!
  • Security Team Leader 2IC - Crowd Control
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2014, 16:54:45 »
Balkor, fear not, for if I go I have no vehicle and hardly know anything about them. They look pretty and I go to ogle them ^^
The communities Mad Militant Dragon

Offline Bezel

• CFz Senior Security
  • SuperFuzz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2014, 18:31:05 »
I'd love to come along but I'm too ashamed to show off my car to people who know what they are talking about

Everyone's had to learn what they know.

Considering you'll have a lot of knowledgeable furs there, who are only too happy to talk about cars, it's the perfect place to start learning :)

Offline Dief

• CFz Senior Security
  • Cookie Maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2014, 10:14:01 »
Glad to hear it's still going ahead, was a bit concerned the parking fee would kill it by encouraging people to get public transport instead (the horror!)   

Sadly i'm planning on selling the Exige in the next few weeks, so probably won't have acquired anything interesting to replace it by the time CFz comes around.  Will still come along for a nosey at everything else though :)

You're selling it? Why?!

Offline Stik

• Cookie Maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2014, 14:42:46 »
You're selling it? Why?!

Meh, just bored of it tbh, it's noisy and impractical and gives me a headache if i drive it for more than an hour at a time :)  Also i realised i can pay my mortgage off if i sell it.  Might get another one next year when i get the itch for something quick again :)  The 3.5L V6 ones should be a bit cheaper by then too...

Offline Dief

• CFz Senior Security
  • Cookie Maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2014, 05:43:50 »
Oh, well that totally makes sense. Get that mortgage paid off asap man.

Offline Stik

• Cookie Maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2014, 21:50:04 »
Well, haven't got rid of it yet, so looks like i'll probably be bringing it along after all :)

Offline Kyyanno

• Convention Logistics
  • CFz Staff
  • Omg, I post a lot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2014, 16:11:20 »
^^^ update at top of page ^^^

Offline Ellis

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2014, 17:51:55 »
Great news thanks for that! :D Can't wait :)