Author Topic: What is it with the lack of chairs?  (Read 14291 times)

Offline yagfox

• CFz Crew
  • SuperFuzz!
    • View Profile
Re: What is it with the lack of chairs?
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2014, 00:10:25 »
Did you not do the EF bum hardening program? 3 hour puppet show sat on a hard wooden bench really toughens the buns! :)

If you'd prefer that, I'll be more than happy to ask security to remove a chair and reserve you a space on the floor at any stage event of your choice at EF :)

A reserved space at a Eurofurence event? Now I know I've hit the big time! :)

Offline Dhary Montecore

• Head of Security
  • SuperFuzz!
  • MI:3 - Party on, we got your back!
    • View Profile
    • dhary.de
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2014, 00:21:01 »
Did you not do the EF bum hardening program? 3 hour puppet show sat on a hard wooden bench really toughens the buns! :)

The last time we had that was EF 13 if I remember correctly...

And I congratulate you on 6 chair filled years! :) Though by that reckoning Confuzzled should be numbing bums for another 6 years yet! :)

As forum moderator I gotta ask you to stay on topic and refrain from provocations like this. Please keep the discussion fair and objective.

Offline yagfox

• CFz Crew
  • SuperFuzz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2014, 00:25:22 »
As forum moderator I gotta ask you to stay on topic and refrain from provocations like this. Please keep the discussion fair and objective.

Fair enough.

I suspect the answer to the original question is simply logistics, and it will be easily fixed for next year! :)

Offline Swolf

• Track Lead - Dances
  • CFz Staff
  • Omg, I post a lot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2014, 00:27:59 »
Indeed me and Cheetah talked briefly after the dance comp. on the day
Will be working on the logistics of improving the audience comfort as at the end of the day an event is only an event when people show up to either participate or spectate

Offline RizzoRattie

• Venue Manager/Head of Fursuit Relations
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • Rat face!
    • View Profile
    • www.colifox.com
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2014, 10:26:52 »
Hi Cheetah,

Thank you for the feedback, and of course apologies that it is something that has given you a little bit of a negative impression of the overall fantastic weekend experience.

As Ralli has already mentioned on one occasion, the main reason for there being no chairs in the opening or closing ceremony were to accommodate quick 'get in' and 'get out' turn abounds.  This year we were up against some logistical challenges in regards to vacating the room in time.  In the instance of getting out of the Monarch in time after the closing ceremony, and as was briefly mentioned by Matt during the event, we would face very heavy fines if we were late given that there was an inbound event the next day.  As this was our first year at the Hilton, and using a contractor to assist with build and deconstruction, we brought the closing ceremony forward as a trial.  Now that we know it went very well, and was very quick, next year we can reconsider the time of the event, as well as the set up.

With regards to the opening ceremony, the decision to not have seating was based on a very quick turnaround from Theatre to Cabaret for the pub quiz.  However again, now that we know how quickly we can turn a room around with all hands on deck, its once again something we can re-consider for the following year. 

As for the pawpet show, unfortunately I didn’t personally see this event, so am unsure how subscribed it was, but if you ended up sitting on the floor, it does sound like we need to look at addressing this issue for the following year.  Many thanks for feeding it back.

Thank you again, and sorry once more for the fact you ended up on the floor.  With bad knees and a back, I know exactly what you mean about being an old, fragile furry :D
Forgive me for not jumping for joy, bad back you know ~ Scar; The Lion King

Offline Cheetah

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2014, 13:11:22 »
As for the pawpet show, unfortunately I didn’t personally see this event, so am unsure how subscribed it was, but if you ended up sitting on the floor, it does sound like we need to look at addressing this issue for the following year.

No, the pawpetshow was the one event I attended that did have proper seating, and I enjoyed it very much :)

(The amount of nonsense answers kinda blew this a bit out of proportion -  I figured the reason behind the seating problem is logistical, just wanted to point out it can make a bigger difference for some audience members than might be obvious. That's all.)

Offline Axle

• CFz Crew
  • Cookie Maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2014, 17:02:55 »
As it's not been mentioned yet, the limited chair availability in the nightclub for the dance competition was a capacity issue. It was either a choice of turning people away and having chairs, or working with the space we had, to try and get as many people as possible that wanted to see the competition in to the nightclub.
It was noted at the time and will undoubtedly be looked in to at how it can be improved it for next year.

Edit: And I was beaten to the answers as I was typing, hey-ho :)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 16:01:27 by Axle »

Offline Bob Drake

• Cookie Maker
    • View Profile
    • BD's website
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2014, 09:38:00 »
The funny thing is that when I went to the music jam and was looking for an improvised "drumkit", I opened a door and it was a storage room stacked with chairs! I have to agree with Cheetah, though I'm not in bad shape for someone of age 56, it was uncomfortable sitting on the floor at some events, given that we were all scrunched together so couldn't stretch my long legs out.

PS: I did find a great drumkit - a big rubbish bin :)