Author Topic: My Feedback  (Read 4211 times)

Offline Davuu

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
    • Art Site
My Feedback
« on: May 28, 2014, 19:47:17 »
Sory I couldnt get to the feedback session as I lost track of time!

This was my first time at Confuzzled after only going to EF previously and I wasnt sure what to expect, especially it being a new hotel.

However I was quite pleased :)  Everything went smoothly, from checking in to registering and checking out, very little queing and waiting.
It seemed a nice relaxing atmosphere and everything seemed easy to find with help from the maps :D the rooms were comfy and had plenty of space for the two of us and all our stuff.  All the hotel staff seemed relaxed and relatively unfazed!  they were always happy and willing to help, and despite being on the 5th floor there was very little wait time for the lifts.

I liked how things were organised, especially the Dealers Den and Art Show, i've never submitted art before and after a few emails it was quite easy and well organised :D I also liked how there was a numbered list of everyone in the Dealers Den so you could find particular artists painlessly :)  (and also thanks to Bariki and Ralicat for an amazing auction)

Fursuiting was painless, with a well spaced out fursuit lounge, I liked the water tower plumbed in to the mains. and the large (very large) fans! I also felt it a nice touch that in the dances everytime I sat down in suit, someone from security came over to just make sure I was ok :)

So overall it was all great and will hopefully (work permitting) be back next year :D

As a suggestion for next year, In the Millers Bar would it be possible to perhaps have single cocktails available next year as well? as they only did pitchers and when you get a pitcher youre stuck with that drink choice where as with single drink cocktails you have the freedom to try different things on the list a bit more and mix it up :D  Just adds variety :)

And in the main bar by reception... is there a licencing reason as to why they can only take room cards after a certain time? as when I finished suiting at the dance and came to the bar for a drink I couldnt get served :/  If this is the case could a note be made perhaps in the con book or on the website so people know before they get to the hotel and then know to set up their room card. as I saw this happen to several people. 

but overall :) thanks to everyone for an amazing first con, for buying my art and contributing almost £600 to the charity and I look forward to all the reports and pictures :)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 20:10:42 by Davuu »

Offline Dhary Montecore

• Head of Security
  • SuperFuzz!
  • MI:3 - Party on, we got your back!
    • View Profile
    • dhary.de
Re: My Feedback
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2014, 20:47:08 »
Hello and thank you for your feedback!

Yes, my security team always tries to help and make sure, everyone's okay. In the last ten years we had to deal with the best and the worst our community has to offer, and that's why they sometimes asked once too often. I hope nobody felt annoyed by that. :3

As for the bar, we gladly take your feedback into account and see what we can do about it.

And yes, the "after-2am-problem" was due to license restrictions. Here's the good news: we heard the feedback on this and of course we already have a solution for this. I can't give you details yet, but we will fix that. :3

Offline Davuu

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
    • Art Site
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2014, 10:16:37 »
Ooh ill have to wait till next year to find out!:D

And i wasn't annoyed by being asked if i was ok:) i thought it was nice:)

ferret

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2014, 19:19:41 »
Davuu: and thank you for all the great pieces you put in the charity auction at 50% and 100%.  It really made a massive difference and got everyone into the right frame of mind, so in my opinion you have effectively triggered way more than £600 in charity fund-raising there.  Very very happy with that.

Offline Davuu

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
    • Art Site
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2014, 22:38:18 »

Awwwww *blushes* thanks :) but if it wasnt for the lovely people buying them, there wouldnt be any money! so joint effort! :D  if I come next year ill be more prepared and bring some more if I can :D ^^