Author Topic: General Feedback  (Read 4274 times)

Offline SlyCat

• CFz Crew
  • Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
    • SlyCat's Pad
General Feedback
« on: May 29, 2014, 15:09:56 »
Here's my general feedback from the con cross posted from UKFur:

Positives:
* Layout of the new hotel was great for mingling and bumping into people
* Food was delicious from The Lounge (never did get to use the Westminster food however)
* The nightclub looked spectacular with the lighting and lasers
* I may be a bit biased from being on the fursuit crew, but the fursuit lounge may well be the best of any con thanks to CeilFox's fantastic inventions in the form of the fursuit driers of doom and that brilliant big black fan. This was backed up from comments from other attendees, some who run conventions (including Further Confusion) themselves!
* The PawPet show was superb with the addition of all the video segments. I especially liked the intro video, hope to see it up on YouTube soon!
* Helping out for the first time at any con this year, was great fun being part of the team and looking after the fursuiters. Hopefully will be more involved next year

Negatives:
* Service in The Lounge was poor at times, sometimes it being a real challenge just to place an order and then once the order had been placed, it took significant time for the order to arrive. I think this got worse later into the evening. Hopefully they'll be better prepared next year!
* Additionally, they quite often forgot to apply the 20% discount on the bills. I had to send the bill back on 4-5 separate times to have the discount applied.
* The hotel ran out of Rekorderlig far too quickly, they certainly need a larger stock next year
* Shame the art auction overran meaning the banner brawl had to be cancelled, but the use of the canvasses was great letting people leave their own little mark :)
* Not enough time to see everyone I wanted to hang out with (though the con was long enough!)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 15:21:11 by SlyCat »

Offline Harlequeen

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
Re: General Feedback
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2014, 16:22:20 »
Also x-posted

My initial fears of not having a good social area were definitely unfounded. One crazy evening of sitting in one place while a magic roundabout of friends came and went is particularly memorable.
Dealers' den was good, but it does need to be extended by at least half a day. I think both dealers and customers want this.
Hotel is as ugly as they come. The ball room spectacularly so. Rooms are as expected. Pervading smell of damp. Can't complain at the price/features though.
Great to have the spa. Even used the massage which loosened my shoulders all con.
Food/drink prices very good. Food was better than I had expected. All felt about 20% cheaper than what I'd expect to pay in a hotel like that. Oh wait... :)
Service was slow. Not sure they realised how much we eat and drink.
Coffee was crazy expensive, but Costa, so OKish.

Con staff were lovely, cute, wonderful. Hotel staff were very good too.
Why is everything at every con I've been to delayed by 30 minutes? Do we all have our minute hands on upside down?

Offline Bob Drake

• Cookie Maker
    • View Profile
    • BD's website
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2014, 20:51:35 »
Have to agree about that big fan, very impressive and effective!

Offline aurora

• I'm on here as much as I can!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2014, 21:18:33 »
Have to agree about that big fan, very impressive and effective!

It was rather effective at cooling I must agree,

{shivers from the cold}

Offline Raven Luni

• Cookie Maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2014, 21:20:44 »
I need one of those!  My suit bits were dry in minutes!
Delusions of grandeur?  I'm better than that!