Author Topic: Disabled/Wheelchair access and arrangements  (Read 3626 times)

Offline BluMaduBear

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
Disabled/Wheelchair access and arrangements
« on: May 29, 2014, 18:34:20 »
Guys SERIOUSLY! I don't even know how to put this into words really.

I've been to many different events in the past but never to Confuzzled before. I've seen how disability access is handled at other events and I have NEVER experienced anything like what I experienced at Confuzzled. It was an absolute dream come true!! First of all, everywhere in the venue had full access (which I know isn't within your remit to control, but it is in your control to CHOOSE the venue to book with) there were ramps everywhere and nearly everything was held on the same level anyway.

Your TEAM OMG, WOW! Sooooo organised!! Not once did I have to run around desperately searching for the right person to speak to so that I could get the user into an event so that he could see! I was never greeted with blank stares when confronted with access requirements/questions. On several occasions while idly going down a corridor 2, 3 or even 4 people in the team would just approach us without any enquiries from us and direct us to where we needed to go to get into the main stage events. I can not tell you ENOUGH how delighted this made me and how stress free that made the WHOLE weekend. It instantly instilled trust in your team and I knew we were in good hands.

Please keep up the good work and anything else you can think up to add that little extra bit of support to disability access I can assure you DOESN'T go unnoticed and it is VERY much appreciated.

Paul & John
(Madu & Pookie)

Offline Nidonocu

• Purchasing, Picnic, Pawpets
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • Poison Bunny
    • View Profile
    • @Nidonocu
Re: Disabled/Wheelchair access and arrangements
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2014, 19:25:47 »
Thanks very much for this! Although we had use of some inaccessible rooms, we knew having full access to the convention was important for everyone so we used them for our backstage stuff instead. The Hilton too should get plenty of praise for doing the hard work here so please do send them that feedback when they e-mail you!

Do let us know if there's anything more we could have done to help. :)
Nidonocu C:\>

Offline RizzoRattie

• Venue Manager/Head of Fursuit Relations
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • Rat face!
    • View Profile
    • www.colifox.com
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2014, 12:07:19 »
Very reassuring and positive feedback, and thank you kindly for it!
Forgive me for not jumping for joy, bad back you know ~ Scar; The Lion King

Offline RaithSphere

• CFz Senior Security
  • Cookie Maker
    • View Profile
    • RaithSphere.com
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2014, 19:14:45 »
I know on a few occasions myself and my other half asked how your doing.

its nice to see the positive feedback