Author Topic: Hotel Feedback  (Read 2975 times)

Offline Cheetah

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
Hotel Feedback
« on: May 30, 2014, 13:54:22 »
Hi everyone!

I must say, I really like the new hotel. I found it a little bit dark and stuffy at first, but the impression changed as soon as it was flooded with furries - it's amazing what a few metric tons of cute can do to lift up the atmosphere!

My room: You could tell this is not a very new building, and that it has seen more than just one renovation cycle. But the room was clean, comfy, absolutely up to standard, and I was positively surprised not to have a single key card failure :) I had some very minor issues, but nothing out of the ordinary for a hotel of that size and age. And it was absolutely not a problem.

Service: Top notch. Personnel was always friendly, very helpful, housekeeping did a spotless job and the concierge desk was a very welcome luxury, too - they made some very good dining recommendations, reserved a table for us, and got us a taxi. Perfect. I felt really well cared for.

Travelling: Being able to go from the airport to the hotel on foot - it really doesn't get any better.

The bar: Very comfy, with the sofas and all, just the right place to camp out for a week and be social while getting hammered. Drink prices were absolutely normal for this kind of venue, and the discount was a nice touch - I even ended up spending quite a bit less than I thought I would. The bar seemed to be a little bit understaffed, especially in the later hours. I actually had to grin - as someone who's frequently had to negotiate with convention venues, I know that in the first year, they ALWAYS underestimate the sheer drinking power of furries :) So I expect them to modify their shift plans for next year - unless they're colossaly stupid :)

Food: Surprisingly edible! I had a Hilton Burger, a Steak Sandwich and some Pizza, and found the quality very decent. I also can't complain about the BBQ. Four kinds of meat, and lots of salad and sauces and a really good dessert. Much better than at the last venue!

Function Space: It apparently had lots of it :) I heard people complain about the slightly confusing layout, but I think everyone eventually got it. Maybe a little more signage would help next year. I found no reason to complain though, the rooms were large enough at all events I attended, and it never got too hot.

Good pick, guys!

« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 13:56:15 by Cheetah »