Author Topic: British Coins  (Read 7012 times)

Offline Suran

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
British Coins
« on: May 22, 2014, 19:40:03 »
Since there is absolutely no way to either
a) get rolls of british coins as spare change before the convention, outside the UK nor
b) to change them back into EUR (or USD,...) after returning, outside the UK
and there is no help from the Dealers Den team in this matter,

who is interested in organising something among the dealers to change between british paper money and coins?

Offline Ragear

• Cookie Maker
  • *streeetch*
    • View Profile
Re: British Coins
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2014, 20:54:24 »
Reisebank does small change, and often banks at airports ... o'course at a price ...

Ragear
constantly underhugged, please halp

Offline Pan

• CFz Crew
  • Cookie Maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2014, 10:52:34 »
I've messaged Cosmo to see if we can help with this in the future.
Change for change sake is no change at all.
Simple things escape simple minds.

Offline Bezel

• CFz Senior Security
  • SuperFuzz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2014, 13:03:44 »
If the con aren't able to help (possibly as they can't afford to hold large stocks of Euros on the chance that someone might want them), I seem to recall there being a Bureaux de Change over at Birmingham airport - so a quick trip over there might sort it out for you (though I know they often give horrible exchange rates !  :-\ )

Offline Pan

• CFz Crew
  • Cookie Maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2014, 10:39:51 »
If the con aren't able to help (possibly as they can't afford to hold large stocks of Euros on the chance that someone might want them), I seem to recall there being a Bureaux de Change over at Birmingham airport - so a quick trip over there might sort it out for you (though I know they often give horrible exchange rates !  :-\ )

I don't think that's what they meant bezel, as far as I can determine they want to swap their uk change for uk notes so that they can change those for notes in their currency themselves.

Offline Bezel

• CFz Senior Security
  • SuperFuzz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2014, 20:26:28 »
Ah, my apologies  :)

Offline Codewolf

• CFz Senior Security
  • Cookie Maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2014, 02:59:45 »

I don't think that's what they meant bezel, as far as I can determine they want to swap their uk change for uk notes so that they can change those for notes in their currency themselves.
Other end of the stick there, I believe they are talking about change from notes, for a float.

Offline Pan

• CFz Crew
  • Cookie Maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2014, 02:05:52 »

Other end of the stick there, I believe they are talking about change from notes, for a float.
I just read the first post again and it seems we're both right.