Author Topic: Website Security Update  (Read 3902 times)

Offline Matt the Lion

• Convention Chairman
  • Forum Admins
  • SuperFuzz!
  • King of the Jungle
    • View Profile
    • My Photography (Mostly big cats)
Website Security Update
« on: October 16, 2014, 22:28:59 »
You may have seen in the media recently that a weakness has been discovered in one of the older technologies (SSL version 3) used to protect data in transit between web browsers and web servers. We will be following in the footsteps of major internet entities such as Twitter, CloudFlare and Akamai and will disable SSLv3 connections to our secure websites overnight tonight. This means that some very old web browsers which do not support more recent encryption technology may fail to connect to our servers using addresses starting with HTTPS. Our research suggest that this will only affect people using Windows XP and Internet Explorer 6 and this makes up an extremely small proportion of the internet population, so we hope this does not affect any of you, however ensuring the integrity and confidentiality of our attendees' personal data when being transmitted to our servers is of the utmost importance.

We apologise if this should cause you any inconvenience.
"I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant."

"It is much more comfortable to be mad and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts."