Author Topic: The Future Of Our Next Sponsor Is At Risk, Please Help! (UPDATED WITH GOOD NEWS)  (Read 4506 times)

Offline Muddy The Fox

• I'm on here as much as I can!
  • Pie edition
    • View Profile
As many of you know, Fat Fluffs Rabbit Rescue is this years selected charity for Confuzzled, but I have just found out that the local council is planning to force close the sanctuary due to it being "More than a hobby"

Please read and sign the petition here for your support.... http://www.thepetitionsite.com/112/181/659/urge-solihull-council-not-to-close-fat-fluffs-rabbit-rescue/

Also please show your support on their Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/fatfluffs?fref=ts

Many thanks.

UPDATE: The Sanctuary has been saved!!!
Quote from Fat Fluffs: 

Fat Fluffs Rabbit Rescue
41 mins ·
We got it!! We have been approved with conditions!! The conditions mentioned are ones we run by anyway (sorry no people staying in the bunny sheds!) A massive thank you to everyone who supported us - we can't even begin to express how much it means to us and the bunnies! And a big thank you too to Councillor John Windmill who spoke so rationally and factually on to the members. And breathe ...... celebrating with a chip buttie!!xx
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 20:49:21 by Muddy The Fox »
Confuzzled
2014 #295
2015 #323
2016 #597

Offline Muddy The Fox

• Pie edition
    • View Profile
Re: Urgent! The Future Of Our Next Sponsor Is At Risk, Please Help!
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2015, 19:04:06 »
*links fixed*
Confuzzled
2014 #295
2015 #323
2016 #597

Offline Tsanawo

• Theming Department
  • CFz Staff
  • Master of shinies
    • View Profile
    • DutchPaw.nl
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2015, 19:09:55 »
To be clear, the Fat Fluff Rabbit Rescue is not a sponsor, but the selected charity.
On that note I have asked our Charity Liaison to have a look.
"Only a few find the way, some don't recognize it when they do - some... don't ever want to."

Offline Muddy The Fox

• Pie edition
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2015, 19:41:35 »
Oops I worded that wrong lol
Will fix that.
Confuzzled
2014 #295
2015 #323
2016 #597

Offline Muddy The Fox

• Pie edition
    • View Profile
UPDATE: The Sanctuary has been saved!!!
Quote from Fat Fluffs: 

Fat Fluffs Rabbit Rescue
41 mins ·
We got it!! We have been approved with conditions!! The conditions mentioned are ones we run by anyway (sorry no people staying in the bunny sheds!) A massive thank you to everyone who supported us - we can't even begin to express how much it means to us and the bunnies! And a big thank you too to Councillor John Windmill who spoke so rationally and factually on to the members. And breathe ...... celebrating with a chip buttie!!xx
Confuzzled
2014 #295
2015 #323
2016 #597

Offline Rallicat

• Forum Admins
  • Dealers Den Deputy
    • View Profile
Hi all.

Quick update from us semi-officially.  We didn't know about this in advance otherwise we'd have social-media'd as hard as we could to help their petition!  I'm reaching out to the charity to find out if they still need help and assistance but it seems like the bullet is dodged for now!

Obviously the best way we can help the charity now is to support them in your usual generous way at the convention.  This will in turn help them put in good facilities that will -hopefully- appease the local authorities!

Still on track for a boat load of "d'awww Cute!" at CF this year! :)

Offline Muddy The Fox

• Pie edition
    • View Profile
I think the money that will be made during the convention will give them the great boost they deserve. Also with the high chance of a record breaking attendance this year, things are looking great! :D
Confuzzled
2014 #295
2015 #323
2016 #597