Author Topic: Is vaping allowed in the hotel rooms?  (Read 4905 times)

Offline Jonne

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
Is vaping allowed in the hotel rooms?
« on: May 17, 2015, 02:37:30 »
It's not my first ConFuzzled, but the first year I'm going to take my vaporizer (aka "electronic cigarette") to the con, so I actually have no idea how the rules for these things are looking like in the UK. :)
I heard that vaping is very common in the UK and that it is allowed in most public places (because it has nothing to do with smoking at all and is not disturbing others in any kind of way), so I'm wondering how the rules for these things are in the Hilton.
My question mainly refers to the use inside of the hotel rooms. Is there any problem with the smoke alarms/detectors or stuff like that? Of course I know that vaping causes no smoke but only vapour/steam which does fly away very fast and is normally not activating any smoke detectors, but I definitely wanna be on the safe side so I thought it might be better when I'm asking it right here. ;)
So is it allowed and not causing any problems? Of course I'm asking for the use in normal rooms and not special "smoker rooms" or stuff like that. :3
I know my questions is kinda dumb because vapour and smoke are two utterly different things but yeah...it's always better when you're officially asking to be 100% sure. :P

« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 02:43:08 by Jonne »

Offline RizzoRattie

• Venue Manager/Head of Fursuit Relations
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • Rat face!
    • View Profile
    • www.colifox.com
Re: Is vaping allowed in the hotel rooms?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2015, 21:49:34 »
Evening Jonne,

just to confirm, Vapping is allowed in the bedrooms.  Actual smoking of cigarettes, pipes, cigars etc.. is not permitted, unless you are specifically in a smoking designated room.

Smoking of any of the above, including vapps, is not permitted in any public space within the hotel.  Including, but not limited to, function rooms, F&B lounges, and corridors.  There is a designated smoking area outside of the main hotel entrance.

Many thanks,

Rizzo
Forgive me for not jumping for joy, bad back you know ~ Scar; The Lion King

Offline James The Dog

• Omg, I post a lot!
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Re: Is vaping allowed in the hotel rooms?
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2015, 00:35:50 »
If vaping's not allowed, I've still seen lots of people doing it in the lounge, so it's obviously not being well communicated, or people are just ignoring it.