Author Topic: What about an IRC channel for Confuzzled?  (Read 4497 times)

Offline Skie

• I'm on here as much as I can!
  • Certified Bat Food
    • View Profile
    • The Israeli Furry community website.
What about an IRC channel for Confuzzled?
« on: January 09, 2008, 17:48:03 »
I can create one down at anthrochat(easier then the other).
It could be a good place to chat, and find people to share rooms and rides with.
Also, it could be a good place to get to know each other.
So what do you think?

Holley

Re: What about an IRC channel for Confuzzled?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2008, 20:37:31 »
Are there enough people to warrant that?

But by all means, Gopher it :)

Offline Exiled Wolf

• Media Relations & Security
  • Omg, I post a lot!
  • Woof Bark Grrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2008, 22:40:49 »
I think I'm with Holley on this one, there probably isn't enough people to make it worthwhile.

I think the most people we get online here is between 20 and 30, and that's on a busy day. Normally, you'll have one or two people on at any time, with it peaking at 10 or so. Then you've got the people who don't use IRC that often (like me), and those who find the forums easier to keep track of. It's a good idea, and would definitely be worth thinking about as the convention grows in size, but at the moment, it would just be extra work for no real gain.

Offline Mooie

• [MI:3 #137]
  • CFz Senior Security
  • Moo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2008, 09:02:58 »
Well, I'm not completely sure, but I'm situated in the unofficially designated channel for EuroFurence on FurNet and that's a quite nice place.  Okay, there are lots of idle time, but around certain moments, there are quite a bit of activity there.

Okay, 144 is a bit fewer than 700+ attendees, but still.. not that large difference.

But then, there's the choice of which network to use.  I don't, personally, intend to go on AnthroChat, since FurNet is enough for me.  No need to be on two virtually parallel networks, just because I can.  Although, I took the freedom of joining #ConFuzzled there in all unofficiality, so please feel free to join, should you have the desire to do so. :-)

Offline Skie

• Certified Bat Food
    • View Profile
    • The Israeli Furry community website.
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2008, 19:43:23 »
I like AC better then FN, regardless, in FN you need to go trough the site and stuff to register a channel. AC is the old simple way.