Author Topic: New Guy, eh!  (Read 4148 times)

Offline Fenix_462000

• Cookie Eater
  • That English Rain, eh.
    • View Profile
New Guy, eh!
« on: January 04, 2016, 17:44:08 »
Hello UK and other national Furries,

I've actually been a closet Furry since I was in High School and I've recently decided to join the fandom. No idea why it took this long. Regardless, because of this ConFuzzled 2016 will be my first Furry Convention. I never had a chance to go to one while I was living in Canada, and since England is smaller, the Conventions are closer, relatively speaking.

I'm simply trying to make some cool friends in the fandom, and maybe make some at the Con as well. The Con is five months away and I'm already excited to go. Hope to see you either at the Con or otherwise.

Note, my avatar is my Fursona Matti.

bubbleslabrador

Re: New Guy, eh!
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2016, 16:49:49 »
Heya there!

I know the feeling of the whole closet furry thing and its not fun! Though i have lived in the UK for ages now so im used to everything feeling a bit small and close together!

Itd be nice to make new friends!

Offline Fenix_462000

• Cookie Eater
  • That English Rain, eh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2016, 19:42:07 »
I hear yeah. It's even more awkward when you have close friends who make fun of Furries all the time, not harshly, but enough that it puts you off.

They've suspected me of being a furry, so I think they know and are chill with it, which is cool enough. Plus, having to move to the UK for work has been a hard transition this past year. So I'm simply trying to turn over a new leaf pretty much.

How long were you a closet furry before coming out? Just curious, you don't need to answer if you're not comfortable.

bubbleslabrador

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2016, 22:04:39 »

Trust me i know the feeling... I used to be around people who made fun of them and the one guy was one of them!! I had the same problem coming out gay to!

I just came out as one when someone mentioned it and no one gave a monkey so haha! I can imagine the transition though, i only moved out a year ago and i was terrifed.

I was 3 to 4 years before coming out, quite a while really! Dont worry im hard to make uncomfortable!