Author Topic: [2008] Car parking?  (Read 13372 times)

Offline Alexfox

• I'm on here as much as I can!
    • View Profile
    • FA page
[2008] Car parking?
« on: January 13, 2008, 17:35:53 »
Just need to ask this, how much parking is advalible at the consite? That is if any is advalible at the consite thoughout the convention?

If not anybody know how much it will cost to park a car in central manchester for three days?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 16:36:10 by CaliHusky »

CaliHusky

Re: Car parking?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2008, 17:48:32 »
Gah! you preempted us :)

We were going to mention this tomorrow on the CF Focus.

The venue has a just under 30 spaces at the moment, which are free. There are some changes at the venue soon that will be increasing that number. What I would advise is check tomorrow's CF-Focus, as it will have full details on there.

Offline Alexfox

• View Profile
    • FA page
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2008, 18:23:46 »
Gah! you preempted us :)

We were going to mention this tomorrow on the CF Focus.

The venue has a just under 30 spaces at the moment, which are free. There are some changes at the venue soon that will be increasing that number. What I would advise is check tomorrow's CF-Focus, as it will have full details on there.

Thanks for that! Looks like I will be paying up too within the next 24 hours or so, provided that EF dosn't get back to me.

Offline LevLion

• Stage & A/V Manager
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
    • View Profile
    • My FA Account
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2008, 21:44:02 »
Lol I told you there wasnt many spaces :P
30 might sound like alot but with 140 guests thats not alot at all, especially when you accept that as staff have to be there earlier we will have a good few places already taken. No doubt there will be some random OEM scally parking in one too cause thats where he alwasy parks or some nonsence
I for one welcome our Muppet overloards.

Offline cheetahkid

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2008, 23:22:23 »
I was also looking at a motorbike space too?

Offline LevLion

• Stage & A/V Manager
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
    • View Profile
    • My FA Account
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2008, 23:35:04 »

Well there arnt any specific motorbike bays at the moment (as far as im aware) however theres space around the side thats suitabel for bikes. We will check out the area at the next staff visit, at the least you can just take up a parking bay maybe share it if another motorbike wishes to.
I for one welcome our Muppet overloards.

Offline cheetahkid

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2008, 23:43:30 »

Well there arnt any specific motorbike bays at the moment (as far as im aware) however theres space around the side thats suitabel for bikes. We will check out the area at the next staff visit, at the least you can just take up a parking bay maybe share it if another motorbike wishes to.

Ok, I will keep my eyes on this on over next few days

Offline Mooie

• [MI:3 #137]
  • CFz Senior Security
  • Moo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2008, 17:33:51 »
Well, there's at least one car comming from Sweden. :-)  And we'll be two going in that one.  If it weren't for the fact that we'll be spending some time before and after the con nearby, we'd probably bring more, but alas, that won't be (practically) possible.

But... either we'll be there early enough and get a space or simply poke around and see if we can get a ride there anyway.  Ah well, will find out eventually. :-)

Offline Alexfox

• View Profile
    • FA page
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2008, 22:46:03 »
Lol I told you there wasnt many spaces :P
30 might sound like alot but with 140 guests thats not alot at all, especially when you accept that as staff have to be there earlier we will have a good few places already taken. No doubt there will be some random OEM scally parking in one too cause thats where he alwasy parks or some nonsence

Well I'll be driving down, I've got quite a few reason for doing so. Like the craptastic experience trying to public transport it all the way to EF last year, to non-direct trains, to the possiblity of helping out the staff first thing in the morning.

And that last one I will have to have words about once I get paid up.

Red Fox GT

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2008, 20:10:12 »
I will be driving,main reason being I will be possibly lugging Swolf's sound equipment/DJ gear 

Offline Alexfox

• View Profile
    • FA page
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2008, 22:42:12 »
Well I'll be driving down, I've got quite a few reason for doing so. Like the craptastic experience trying to public transport it all the way to EF last year, to non-direct trains, to the possiblity of helping out the staff first thing in the morning.

Well if you will live in the middle of nowhere... ;)  *hides*

Though having just looked it up on Google Maps, I'd be inclined to shoot straight up the A1/A1(M), then the A57 from Markham Moor to the M1, then either Snake Pass or Woodhead across the Pennines and drop down through Hyde into Manchester.

Cheers,

Southie

Much easier than that, Huntingdon to A14, A14 to M6/M6 toll, then M6 to A57 to the hostel.

Edit: Also if it helps out I can help out anyfur that is coming in from Stanstead, airport too, with aranagement in advance, that is if I am going.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2008, 23:01:26 by Alexfox »

Offline DJ Pirtu

• Cookie Maker
  • I'm just crazy. What's your excuse?
    • View Profile
    • DA gallery
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2008, 23:28:26 »
Much easier than that, Huntingdon to A14, A14 to M6/M6 toll, then M6 to A57 to the hostel.

Edit: Also if it helps out I can help out anyfur that is coming in from Stanstead, airport too, with aranagement in advance, that is if I am going.
Stanstead London? Hey, that's where me and hHp are going through! We're taking a night flight, tough, and there's propably going to be quite a bit of luggage (hHp's going to bring his suite and all and I got some art to import)... But if there's no better use for the car space, I guess we can wait at the terminal.

How's dat sound?

Offline Shep

• Convention Operations/Shepherd at Large
  • Omg, I post a lot!
  • Hello you!
    • View Profile
    • Mein LJ
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2008, 23:29:52 »
I hope that The Volvo will get a parking spot, as I intend it to be one of the CF fetching/carrying vehicles :)
Shep Shepherd, the Good Shepherd ^^

Benny Brownpaws

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2008, 17:53:03 »
I hope that The Volvo will get a parking spot, as I intend it to be one of the CF fetching/carrying vehicles :)

Fetching and carrying....you'd never guess the car belonged to a dog would you? LOL  :D

Offline Alexfox

• View Profile
    • FA page
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2008, 23:38:02 »

Stanstead London? Hey, that's where me and hHp are going through! We're taking a night flight, tough, and there's propably going to be quite a bit of luggage (hHp's going to bring his suite and all and I got some art to import)... But if there's no better use for the car space, I guess we can wait at the terminal.

How's dat sound?

Well I've only got a small car (KIA picanto or morning, depending what its being marketed as), and while I've got quite a bit in it in the past (with 75% of the seat in the back folded down), it could be a bit of a squeeze if you are planning on taking lots of stuff. Also what day are you planning on flying in, the day before or on the day of the con?