Author Topic: Hello  (Read 4195 times)

Offline Sejuay

• Cookie Eater
  • Every person likes foxes.
    • View Profile
Hello
« on: February 29, 2016, 04:15:29 »
Hello. I have trouble calling myself a furry, but pretty much all my friends are furries.  ???  I'm Canadian, and I'm using this con as an excuse to visit England, as I haven't done any international travelling for 15 years!  (Mainly due to having no money.)  I'm honestly not sure if the "con" scene is for me, I sampled a couple Anime cons before and was a little bored, but I'll give it another go.  I aim to see as much touristy stuff in Birmingham as possible.

I'd be interested to know if there are any other international visitors who would be interested in doing tourism stuff, or any natives who want to act as a guide? I also have an extra day in London after the con (June 1st), and if there are any other visitors who are in the same boat it would be great to connect.

As a suggestion for planning the con, it would be good to post on the website more about the overall timetable well in advance. Specifically, what are the times for the last day, May 31st?  Usually the last day of a con wraps up a little earlier. Will be it 1pm, 5pm?  This would be good to know in terms of planning transportation.

Thanks! :)

Offline SFW

• CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • I have a cunning plan.
    • View Profile
    • silverfoxwolf.com
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2016, 21:26:24 »
Welcome aboard, there's always things going on the last day and also a dead dog party of silly music.
Warning: Do not expose to shiny things.

Offline rocky_raccoon

• CFz Crew
  • Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
Re: Hello
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2016, 00:02:30 »
Hello. I have trouble calling myself a furry, but pretty much all my friends are furries.  ???  I'm Canadian, and I'm using this con as an excuse to visit England, as I haven't done any international travelling for 15 years!  (Mainly due to having no money.)  I'm honestly not sure if the "con" scene is for me, I sampled a couple Anime cons before and was a little bored, but I'll give it another go.  I aim to see as much touristy stuff in Birmingham as possible.

I'd be interested to know if there are any other international visitors who would be interested in doing tourism stuff, or any natives who want to act as a guide? I also have an extra day in London after the con (June 1st), and if there are any other visitors who are in the same boat it would be great to connect.

As a suggestion for planning the con, it would be good to post on the website more about the overall timetable well in advance. Specifically, what are the times for the last day, May 31st?  Usually the last day of a con wraps up a little earlier. Will be it 1pm, 5pm?  This would be good to know in terms of planning transportation.

Thanks! :)

Hi! - CFz needs more Canadians ;) .. i like to pretend i am .. but that's cos i love the place so much. Ive been to ON soooo many times, last year did a necessary trip to Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal and scooted via the states down to Niagara

You're angle on the con in general is pretty kewl too by the way. I am definitely fuzzy, but i went to a convention in Toronto last March called Furnal Equinox - set myself up in the same hotel as the convention and stayed through the week - went into Toronto before and during the con.

Unfortunately, i know very little about birmingham and the area the con's in .. except for i believe there's a few more eating places opened up this year near by.. i tend to stick to confuzzled like glue when im there :P
If you like chocolate however .. there is.. 20 miles ish away (about 30min drive) from the con hotel Cadbury World - in Bournville - where Cadbury's was founded and  is based :P - its just the transport i can imagine could be the issue!

going on memory here.. the last day of the con.. You have to be out of your room at about 12pm and that night there is the dead dog party too *nods* so it'd be up to you exactly when you want to plan your departure - but i'd imagine any time after 12 would be good. There will also be a lot of furs around that day still because the convention also offers a "late departures day" - allowing people to stop an additional night and leaving 1st June

hope this helps a little - and if not - at least its a welcome to Confuzzled :)