Author Topic: Options to Attend  (Read 17742 times)

TheDeathBunnie

Options to Attend
« on: January 19, 2008, 13:19:32 »
Hai guyz.  ^_^  I'm from the US, and I'm attending uni in Sheffield.  I was really happy to find a convention in Manchester.  I've never been to one, and the only one that was within reach of me was a 9-hour drive by car, where tickets were $80 a day and it was held in a huge city where even a nasty gross hotel would run you $100 a night.

I was excited because Manchester was close enough for me to attend and still come home and not have to pay for a hotel room (poor, impoverished uni student!)...but then I noticed that the only way to attend was to stay at the hotel whether I liked it or not.

Is there another option for folks that don't want to stay at the hotel and would rather go home after the end of the day?  Or am I just kinda outta luck?  I didn't see it on the web page, and it's kinda dead at the moment so I can explore further.  x_x

Offline LeighUK

• Omg, I post a lot!
  • It dont matter if your black or white, but both!
    • View Profile
    • Leighs kigurumi delight
Re: Options to Attend
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2008, 13:59:46 »
if I recall right, the rooms are part of the cost anyway, so you wouldnt have to pay extra

SerFox

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2008, 14:48:05 »
The con is all inclusive, you pay the price, you get the accomodation, your meals, access to all the events, and even a sheet of stickers! (Well, it says so on my letter...)

TheDeathBunnie

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2008, 14:58:09 »
Yeah...I was just hoping there was a cheaper option to just attend the con and not get the other stuff.   ;D  Poor as I am, the tickets to the con right now cost enough to pay for almost two months of groceries for me. 

Offline Alexfox

• I'm on here as much as I can!
    • View Profile
    • FA page
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2008, 16:50:03 »
Yeah...I was just hoping there was a cheaper option to just attend the con and not get the other stuff.   ;D  Poor as I am, the tickets to the con right now cost enough to pay for almost two months of groceries for me. 

TheDeathBunnie

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2008, 17:35:50 »

Offline Alexfox

• I'm on here as much as I can!
    • View Profile
    • FA page

TheDeathBunnie

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2008, 00:43:10 »

Offline Wolfie Fox

• Stage Manager
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • I can see through time!
    • View Profile
    • OS Labs
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2008, 00:45:31 »
Confuzzled is in a youth hostel, which is, to say even more basic than the smallest B&B or the worst hotel that I've ever stayed in.

I think you will find you got that the wrong way round. The ConFuzzled venue is most definitely NOT more basic than the smallest B&B or worst hotel.

*slaps the back of your paw*

Bad fox!  No cookies for you now! :P

HoneyHusky

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2008, 17:57:33 »

To me you make it sound like some horror convention. Confuzzled is going to be my first one and now you are scarying the shit out of me what i can expect from the hostel. Geez. I have a hard time beliving its so horrible as you say but on the other hand..

TheDeathBunnie

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2008, 18:05:23 »
To me you make it sound like some horror convention. Confuzzled is going to be my first one and now you are scarying the shit out of me what i can expect from the hostel. Geez. I have a hard time beliving its so horrible as you say but on the other hand..

I was just thinking the same thing.  o_O

Offline Matt the Lion

• Convention Chairman
  • Forum Admins
  • SuperFuzz!
  • King of the Jungle
    • View Profile
    • My Photography (Mostly big cats)
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2008, 18:17:50 »
I would like to remind everyone that the Manchester youth hostel has been rated with 4 stars by the tourism board - which ranks it above most B&B's and small hotels.

I agree, some youth hostels are rubbish, but this one seemed extremely nice to me when I was there, given it was purpose built within the last decade and is currently having a massive refurbishment to improve the facilities yet further.
"I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant."

"It is much more comfortable to be mad and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts."

CaliHusky

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2008, 18:26:04 »
We certainly wouldn't be hosting it there if it was horrible.

It's a very nice, new, custom built building which has won awards and is well above the standard of most youth hostels.

Offline LeighUK

• Omg, I post a lot!
  • It dont matter if your black or white, but both!
    • View Profile
    • Leighs kigurumi delight
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2008, 18:26:44 »
the thing Ive noticed is although its said EF is cheaper without travel, when you take into account us in England would probebly have to get a flight over, the cost does go higher than Confuzzled, at least for me, for which Confuzzleds just a trainride away

Also as a quick edit, and off topic, didnt realise it will notify of new posts while you're making yours, nice feature ^^

TheDeathBunnie

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2008, 18:41:32 »