Author Topic: Options to Attend  (Read 17728 times)

Offline Wolfie Fox

• Stage Manager
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • I can see through time!
    • View Profile
    • OS Labs
Re: Options to Attend
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2008, 18:44:21 »
It's all comes down to insurance.

TheDeathBunnie

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2008, 18:46:52 »
Ahhh...that's right.  I forgot that things are a bit insurance-crazy over here.  x_x

Offline Wolfie Fox

• Stage Manager
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
    • View Profile
    • OS Labs
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2008, 18:51:50 »
Actually it's because we didn't have to take out separate insurance because it was included by the YHA's insurance thus saving us a lot of moneys.

This is our first year remember so who knows... maybe next year we'll have day passes or just attendance tickets where you just book your own hotel. But don't quote me on that as I'm not too sure about it. I just run the art room and so things like tickets, insurance etc don't have anything to do with me.

TheDeathBunnie

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2008, 18:54:07 »
Yah....but sadly I'll probably not be here next year.  My visa expires in Jan 2009 (I'm just a student here, remember?).  I'd like to get it extended and work here, but I've heard that the UK is inundated with archaeologists already and it's too competitive for an American to even think of getting a job in the field.  So yah...i can't see me attending next year.  :(

Offline Wolfie Fox

• Stage Manager
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
    • View Profile
    • OS Labs
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2008, 19:25:51 »
You could get a job on Time Team, then they will be able to have a DeathBunnie's trench on every show just like Carenza's trench hehehe :P
« Last Edit: January 20, 2008, 19:27:48 by Wolfie Fox »

TheDeathBunnie

« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2008, 19:39:09 »
Oh god, Time Team.  You know, that's like a horror movie for archaeologists.  I swear to god, the first time I saw it I was alternating between laughing and screaming. "Yes, well, we're looking for a cemetary that dates to around 400 A.D....let's bring out the digger!"    D: YOU CAN'T DO THAT! D: D: D:

I am scarred to this very day.  x_x

Still, I wouldn't pass up a chance to get to work with Baldrick.  XD

Offline Matt the Lion

• Convention Chairman
  • Forum Admins
  • SuperFuzz!
  • King of the Jungle
    • View Profile
    • My Photography (Mostly big cats)
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2008, 20:39:25 »
We'd love to make day-only tickets available, but unfortunately that is a limitation of the fire safety license for the youth hostel - we are allowed a certain number of people in the building, which happens to be the same as the number of beds, which we have to pay for anyway.  So, if we allowed day tickets, that would mean there was a bed that the convention would be paying the YHA for, but have no revenue to cover that.
"I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant."

"It is much more comfortable to be mad and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts."

TheDeathBunnie

« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2008, 20:47:47 »
Ah, yes, I can understand that too.  It makes sense.  And I know it would complicate things unnecessarily to just break up the tickets (sell some for the first night, second night, etc).  It doesn't matter, since you sold out anyway.  XD

I hope you guys have a lot of luck with this.  I obviously won't get to go this year, and I probably won't be in the country after that, so I'll likely not get to attend.  Oh well!  ^_^  There's still the mini-meets.  I'm hoping to go to the one in York next month.

Offline Wolfie Fox

• Stage Manager
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
    • View Profile
    • OS Labs
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2008, 20:56:54 »
You do know we have a waiting list right? There is always a chance that you will still be able to go. Someone might drop out or not be able to pay etc.

TheDeathBunnie

« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2008, 20:57:55 »
*poke*  Refer to my initial reason for starting this post, which was that I can't possibly afford all that.  x_x

Offline Alexfox

• I'm on here as much as I can!
    • View Profile
    • FA page
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2008, 21:00:59 »
Confuzzled is in a youth hostel, which is, to say even more basic than the smallest B&B or the worst hotel that I've ever stayed in.

I think you will find you got that the wrong way round. The ConFuzzled venue is most definitely NOT more basic than the smallest B&B or worst hotel.

*slaps the back of your paw*

Bad fox!  No cookies for you now! :P
Most likely so bad the room possibly needed rebuilding, and I would get lynched by the staff of the Ringburg if I ever return.

Offline Alexfox

• I'm on here as much as I can!
    • View Profile
    • FA page

TheDeathBunnie

« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2008, 02:26:56 »

Offline Exiled Wolf

• Media Relations & Security
  • Omg, I post a lot!
  • Woof Bark Grrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2008, 18:00:07 »

Right. *wades on in* I've been around the YHA Manchester, and I can say it is much

Offline Dingotush

• SuperFuzz!
    • View Profile
    • The real wolf's lair
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2008, 19:41:28 »
To me you make it sound like some horror convention. Confuzzled is going to be my first one and now you are scarying the shit out of me what i can expect from the hostel. Geez. I have a hard time beliving its so horrible as you say but on the other hand..

I was just thinking the same thing.  o_O
We'd show you photos of the rooms, except they are all being refitted - so we can't.   I thought they were quite reasonable the way they were, but you'll be getting stuff that's newer.  I know I have stayed in hotels that were worse.  Each room also has a shower, sink, and toilet, so it will be no different to sharing a room in a hotel, which is par for the course at a furry con.  I can't comment on the food, as I've yet to eat there, plus the kitchen and restaurant are also part of the refit.
Who was she kidding?  It was easy to be a vegetarian by day.  It was preventing yourself from becoming a humanitarian by night that took the real effort. - Angua (Pterry)