Author Topic: How do you discover the furry fandom?  (Read 57421 times)

Benny Brownpaws

Re: How do you discover the furry fandom?
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2007, 14:24:13 »
Also by accident! I used to frequent an Ecco The Dolphin fan forum, and one person there was doing work for school, and wanted information on a culture called furries. He asked if any of us could help him out, so, being the helpful otter that I am (although at the time I was a non-anthro dolphin called Waikiki), I looked up furries....

....and was instantly hooked. I found ukfur, I found furnation (now anthronation), I eventually found adult sites as well....I was just hooked.

And I've never looked back.

Offline Wolfie Fox

• Stage Manager
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • I can see through time!
    • View Profile
    • OS Labs
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2007, 16:41:37 »
Ecco The Dolphin? Damn. I used to play that. I actually still have it on my Sega Mega Drive hehehe :P

Offline Cerebus

• Omg, I post a lot!
  • This is ConFuzzled!!!
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2007, 17:06:56 »
the one thing i hated about the game i died like 5 mins into it
Where here no more room in hell the dead shall walk the earth

Offline Wolfie Fox

• Stage Manager
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
    • View Profile
    • OS Labs
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2007, 17:09:25 »
Lol.
Did you keep forgetting to go up for air?  I did that all the time.

Offline Cerebus

• Omg, I post a lot!
  • This is ConFuzzled!!!
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2007, 19:12:02 »
i did everything but stupit sharks and some dalf things kill me

Offline Wolfie Fox

• Stage Manager
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
    • View Profile
    • OS Labs
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2007, 19:25:27 »
*giggles* :P

Loupgaros

« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2007, 11:38:22 »
Mix of art and shamanism, and also D&D. I played animal characters in D&D so I liked furries automatically. As to art, I draw anthros and always have done, and I looked up werewolf art. Then I joined F2F before leaving due to issues of sanity and settled on a site called Furgasmic. That is my second home online so I'm very happy and quite okay with my furriness now.

AstroFenn

« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2007, 21:06:08 »
Roger rabbit, when I was around 4 years old I saw that movie and ended up sort of obsessed with Anthromorphic animals for a while i.e. Bugs bunny etc, the ones you see everywhere, then I went into a dragon fad for a long time up until I was 14 where I found Furries after discovering Goldenwolf while I was looking for werewolf costumes for halloween, became hooked and I'd drawn furries before, sega style foxes which since I was 10 years old to around 12years old had a sort of comic to them, but Goldenwolf's art definitely caught my attention and I started drawing again, at first following Goldies' style then I found other sites and furries on DA and Furrychat sites and from there FurAffinity and so I kept drawing and developed my own style. I've only ever had 3 major "Fursonas" 1st was Mahina my dragon charecter, back from my dragon fad, (Originally on the chat my name was "MoonLiteDragon" but I later found an artist on DA with the name and so gave Mahina a real name: Mahina Moonbeam) My first furry fursona was Mayla Daisywillow, a fennec with two tails, but as I grew and hit 18 Years old i felt I needed a fursona that more represented myselfand wasn't so childish therefore Astro Fenn was born ^_^ HeeHee. 

Offline Wolfie Fox

• Stage Manager
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
    • View Profile
    • OS Labs
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2007, 21:54:13 »
Ahhh, Roger rabbit :)
I feel like watching that movie now hehe.

Offline Cerebus

• Omg, I post a lot!
  • This is ConFuzzled!!!
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2007, 10:03:49 »
roger rabbit i only watch ta a few times in my life "oh how i miss wesels"

Offline Feera Fox

• Omg, I post a lot!
  • unleash your inner being, hear your song
    • View Profile
    • the den of feera fox
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2007, 16:33:48 »
Well It All Came About When It Was Looking For A Dragon Costume, On The Net
So For About 2 Years, I Could Not Find Anything. I Gave Up For A While At That
Point. 8 Years Later I Think.

It Was One Of The Very First Things On TV That Peeked My Intrest About
The Fandom, (Not Y2K, Cringe), Way Way Before That I Don't Even Remember
The Name Of The Program, About Less Than A Year Back I Decided To Contact
Other Furs After 10 Years In The Closet, I Sent A E-Mail To A Fur Who I Can't
Name Here, As I Respect His Privacy.

So I Decided To Go The The Midfur Bham Meet, And The Rest They Say
Is Furstory, I Found And Continue To Find The Group, Light Hearted And
Jolly, They Have Taught Me Much But,I Still Have A Lot To Learn About
The Fandom, Well We All Have To Learn, As We Never Stop Learning.

Yours In Light
Feera Fox :)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 16:43:05 by Feera Fox »
* I don't know when i'll be able to go2 CF again debt rears it's ugly head until then hugs and peace to all *
Animals that change reality, are in the dreamtime, of a world forgotten, yet destined to rise again in the
hearts of those who dance in the dreamtime. ye time is coming, it's time to sing

Bloodwish

« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2007, 02:22:33 »
Like a lot of people, I started off small, when I was a kid it was Raccoons, TMHT, Dangermouse, Tom and Jerry, Scooby Doo etc.. hey, ever actually noticed that a LARGE percentage of Cartoons are actually anthro cartoons? and all of the top Cartoon characters are anthro?

Anyway, as  grew up I never lost my intrest in cartoons, and I'd often identify as a large, wise vulpine or rodent. Long flowing black cloak with nobbly staff and a swishing tail. Anyway, when I got the net, my first chat handle was Shadowolf, then Darkwolf, then Darkfox, then after finding out all of the above were done like a million times over, I became Bloodwish, and in time when parts of my personality clashed with me when I was Bloodwish, I would become Pyris, who was a lot less morally bound but equally a lot more honourable.

I found out I was a 'fur' when someone in a chat room noticed my affinity for anthro personalities and asked if I was furry, I asked what it was and he pointed me in the direction of a furry chatroom on AOL ages back.. about '97 I think that was...

The rest as they say is history...

Ironically though, I've never been a furry away from my screen... I've just never found my outlet until now.

Broken Splinter

« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2007, 17:57:41 »
Viva Pinata........Don't ask! lol

Holley

« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2007, 20:18:49 »
Back in '95 I got on the internet and found out about Therianthropy and Furry art, but had other things to worry about so it dropped by the wayside.  Then a few months ago I was ploughing around online comics, stumbled accross 'Purgatory Tower' and it prodded my interest enough to go and look ...

razzle

« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2007, 15:23:24 »
well, honestly i have no idea how i got into the fandom, i just..was. I do however know that the first main furry forum that i joined was owned by one Wolfie-fox, yes that is the same wolfie that is staff here (also the guy who got me into this con). I think the first time i heard of the fandom was..dun dun dunnnn... accidental again. i think i was researching [american] football mascots and just kinda, fell into the fursuit side of it, got interested in that then it just spiraled.