Author Topic: How do you discover the furry fandom?  (Read 57536 times)

Offline LevLion

• Stage & A/V Manager
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
    • View Profile
    • My FA Account
Re: How do you discover the furry fandom?
« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2009, 15:44:49 »
Well I told jaff about you so if you wanna chat sometime he might have it. I know the flash yoru tlaking about
I for one welcome our Muppet overloards.

Offline valebear

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2009, 00:13:55 »
Three years ago I stumbled across a fursuit convention video clip on YouTube and thought to myself that looks cute and exciting, so I started searching and watching more clips, but once I saw that all the clips were from the US, I thought there's a shame why can't they hold such events in the UK.

I lost interest up until a year ago then I started to research what 'furry' meant and became more and more interested, visiting many sites such as FA, fursuit.timduru.org, etc.

From the day I saw the first furry convention clip on YouTube, it was relevant to my interests.

Offline LevLion

• Stage & A/V Manager
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
    • View Profile
    • My FA Account
« Reply #47 on: July 23, 2009, 09:34:14 »
Well there has been conventions in the US and Europe for 15 or more years now. In fact although confuzzled has been going only 2 years things like RBW were going 3 years ago and there have been what are close to mini cons run even back in the 1990's here. Only difference is we dont advertise like the americans do (well not back then anyways).

Its more a case of knowing what to look for, as a none fur looking in from youtube I guess you could easily see it as an American only thing but once your in the fandom you cna see how world wide it really is.
I for one welcome our Muppet overloards.

Offline mordo

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 16, 2009, 19:05:38 »
to be perfectly honest i think i first got into furry when i developed a crush on Renamon (Digimon series 3) lol i was young but she had a real elegance to her and a strong personality... plus a really curvy body that'd make any guy drool

Offline HelenBaby

• Cookie Eater
  • cox apples
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #49 on: November 04, 2009, 19:30:30 »
Deviantart =P

Offline General E. Husky

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 28, 2009, 23:45:16 »
I can't remember exactly how I took to it but as far as I can remember, it was only a few days ago when I saw a YouTube video titled 'Merry Christmas'. More to the point, it showed a YouTube member in a fursuit in the shape of Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer and having a love for Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer: The Movie especially, I soon channeled this 'obsession' into generic fursuiting to keep in tune with the rest of the year. And so, before long, I developed my furry 'persona', General E. Husky and I'm now making the costume. Well, in this short space of time, I felt that a husky would be like me, a tough nut with a soft centre (metaphorically speaking).

huskeywolf

« Reply #51 on: April 13, 2010, 16:33:39 »
found this community while watching you tube, [HAVE TO TRAVEL 27 MILES JUST TO ACCESS] DONT ASK!  anyway was watching bolt v balto and other stuff and came accross furies , as they say the rest is history.  i dunno ive always had a love of mascots  be it football etc,   and have collected soft toys inc  a giant SIBERIAN HUSKEY AND A GIANT SIT ON GERMAN SHEPERD,. now i dont sit on it much overweight.....ha ha ha [too many cookies?

im having a fun time on here but dont know anyone, come on you lot talk to me, i live nr birmingham, i know there have been furries spotted here as well as a wolves furry.  if you dont talk to me i wont share my JAR of choc covered cookies with you. see you soon huskey wolf the rabbit. :D ;D :( :)

Offline Stereo Fox

• Omg, I post a lot!
  • Blue fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 21, 2011, 18:47:05 »
it all started for me during my time in college 1999/2002.

i was taking the B-tec national diploma in engineering course, during the technical drawing classes  i would finish the work i was given in half the time it should, and i'd get another sheet of paper and start drawing anime/manga on it, mainly catgirls.

thats where my fursona, minokyoko was born in 2001, i came across the furry fandom a couple times over '02-'05 then my interests changed into mountain biking and rc cars.

its only over the last couple years i've gotten back into drawing manga/anime, which led to the furry part, which led me to discover that the first catgirl i drew back in '01 was my fursona.

now being furry is sort of another hobby for me,
along side mountain biking, restoring vintage rc cars and drawing manga/anime.

i came across this site while searching for furry cons in the uk and the rest is history.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 22:47:07 by Minokyoko »

Offline SFW

• CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • I have a cunning plan.
    • View Profile
    • silverfoxwolf.com
« Reply #53 on: January 21, 2011, 20:19:04 »
I had the same trouble in the Key Skills, it took about four weeks to do the entire year's worth of content so I mostly just poked around the internet for something to do. Still, it seems to be a theme with engineers to get bored and find other things to do instead of work.
Warning: Do not expose to shiny things.

Offline Stereo Fox

• Omg, I post a lot!
  • Blue fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2011, 00:30:37 »
so true, i find myself looking at things thinking,
'if i did this it's work better/more efficent'

i'm mister fixit at where i work.

'of olly can't sort it, bin it'

thats usually said there.

i've taken the engineering skill onto building my own motor bike from a '97 suzuki gsxr 750m track bike.

huskeywolf

« Reply #55 on: January 22, 2011, 11:56:29 »
sort of off topic so soz
just discovered furry 4 life
awesome site

Offline nekosune

• Cookie Maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 13, 2011, 05:35:41 »
Discovered through catgirls myself. Found from an early age loved the few on cartoons then one day while searching for more adult art found a few furry sites, and from there was hooked.