Author Topic: Any paw fans at the con?  (Read 13517 times)

Offline Miles_Valentine

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
    • My DA page
Any paw fans at the con?
« on: April 25, 2008, 01:13:42 »
I know i'm not the only paw fan at the convention this year... But i just wondered how
many there is and who they are and such. You know so we can talk amongst ourselves
and such when we're at the con.

I dont think its anything to be ashamed of. As i said before, i'm one. I find most paws
adorable :3
....Ah luv footpaws :3

SerFox

Re: Any paw fans at the con?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2008, 15:28:38 »
I'm a HUGE paw fan, and I'll be pretty easy to spot, trust me ;) Just look down :D

Offline Flinty Paws

• Cookie Maker
  • Hey Ho! Flint's here :D *hugs you all*
    • View Profile
    • FA!
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2008, 22:30:46 »
mmmm, paws :P cant get enough of them ^.^ padded or soled, they are gorgeous.

and they're such fun to play with too :D those cute lil toes and all. heehee. the bigger the better for meeee =D
*snuzzles* =3

Offline Miles_Valentine

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
    • My DA page
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2008, 22:36:03 »
Heh i knew there were other paw fans around these parts ;3
Be they furry or human variety i love em a ton. Who knows, we can get a
little club goin on. Or maybe just share a room. It's pretty exciting because
it's getting pretty close now...

Offline Flinty Paws

• Cookie Maker
  • Hey Ho! Flint's here :D *hugs you all*
    • View Profile
    • FA!
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2008, 22:39:55 »
Heh i knew there were other paw fans around these parts ;3
Be they furry or human variety i love em a ton. Who knows, we can get a
little club goin on. Or maybe just share a room. It's pretty exciting because
it's getting pretty close now...
totally! :D

and omg... its like less than 2 months :O oh i cant wait to meet all them furs and paws... :P lol
*snuzzles* =3

SerFox

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2008, 09:19:25 »
Hopefully I'll be able to go bare, it would be fun to, and also help me, because I find it easier to move around in bare paws due to my eyesight, I can feel the terrain, what slant im on, can anticipate stairs and such as well as avoid obstacles without my cane with them ^^

SerFox

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2008, 21:09:04 »
I might as well make this clear to everyone before you get fingers pointed at you at the con, and is a dissapointment I know, it was gonna be a help to my navigation, but bare paws while walking around is not allowed. Sitting around and chatting is probably okay (ridiculous if it isnt) and theres not gonna be much walking anyhow, and between rooms should be fine also I think. But generally going around isnt, because of their insurance.

CaliHusky

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2008, 21:25:25 »
I might as well make this clear to everyone before you get fingers pointed at you at the con, and is a dissapointment I know, it was gonna be a help to my navigation, but bare paws while walking around is not allowed. Sitting around and chatting is probably okay (ridiculous if it isnt) and theres not gonna be much walking anyhow, and between rooms should be fine also I think. But generally going around isnt, because of their insurance.

And in addition our venue isn't keen on the idea, due to the entire place being brand new.

SerFox

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2008, 22:23:37 »
Brand new? Surely sheos off would stop the carpets getting muddy?  ??? *giggles*

Offline Miles_Valentine

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
    • My DA page
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2008, 02:48:43 »
Cali, what would you say are the things we should keep in mind are not allowed in a public area had i to gather a group of like minded individuals? Not that its likely that we would do anything ridiculous. Just i dont want anyone to feel embarrased when a member of staff takes them by the wrist because they were giving a paw rub or nuzzle. I just want to make these boundaries clear.

CaliHusky

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2008, 10:02:03 »
Cali, what would you say are the things we should keep in mind are not allowed in a public area had i to gather a group of like minded individuals? Not that its likely that we would do anything ridiculous. Just i dont want anyone to feel embarrased when a member of staff takes them by the wrist because they were giving a paw rub or nuzzle. I just want to make these boundaries clear.

As we've put in the conbook "If there's something you wouldn't do infront of your mother, don't do it in the public areas!".
I really would keep things like that in your own rooms, if only so it doesn't end up giving people a bad impression of us as it's a bit of a 'wierd' thing to see in public for most people.

Offline Miles_Valentine

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
    • My DA page
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2008, 16:47:49 »
As i said, i'm sure noone will have any problems with this. However i hope that certain things can be tolerated. Things like doing a bit of paw art and talking openly amongst ourselves about things like that. Paw rubs are also borderline. What i'm asking is what is allowed rather than what isnt. Certain things are just not acceptable to the public even in a niche like this, but i hope that a growing sub division of furryism can be represented to a degree publicaly in a way that would not scare anyone off hun. I'm sure that we can achieve that if you let us.

If all else fails i'd like the right to advertise a mini event of sorts for people of said persuasion, to be held as an event in its own right or as a sub event privately, but kept to a reasonable tone. Again, for either of these, guidelines would be acknowledged. At the end of the day i just want to create a reasonable atmosphere for paw fans to discuss things and draw together without feeling the need to hide away.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2008, 17:03:20 by Miles_Valentine »

CaliHusky

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2008, 19:46:29 »
Sorry, but any kind of stuff related to this which isn't art won't be allowed in public areas, but feel free to have a room party!

Offline Miles_Valentine

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
    • My DA page
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2008, 23:11:13 »
Understood hun. I'm sure at this fledgling stage for the con things should go as smoothly as possible. And yeah, a room party ought to be fun. Be sure to pop in for complementray paw rubs X3

SerFox

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2008, 00:51:25 »
*giggles* well thats that settled then. Barepaw maybe but not flaunting, not walking around, and no paw affection openly, always privates.

And room party? Countme in x3