Author Topic: Fursuiting at ConFuzzled  (Read 62962 times)

Offline Feera Fox

• Omg, I post a lot!
  • unleash your inner being, hear your song
    • View Profile
    • the den of feera fox
Re: Fursuiting at ConFuzzled
« Reply #90 on: April 23, 2008, 12:18:17 »
i've asked if i need to register each fursuit to bring, as i have awenic my first creation
he's a two piece fursuit, with a hood head with a pouch, good place for storing water.
but he's a squirrel but a mixture.  :), he's my no.2 fursuit.

is he fine to bring? is cross over creatures fine, if all goes well this year, i'm thinking of bringing
a pvc squirrel, would he be a fursuit? as he's not made from faux fur, i wish to know are pvc
squirrels within the confuzzled flavour being ok to bring once created?

i'm experimenting with materials, i'm just not sure if such a creature would be usable for confuzzled?

« Last Edit: April 23, 2008, 12:26:02 by Feera Fox »
* I don't know when i'll be able to go2 CF again debt rears it's ugly head until then hugs and peace to all *
Animals that change reality, are in the dreamtime, of a world forgotten, yet destined to rise again in the
hearts of those who dance in the dreamtime. ye time is coming, it's time to sing

CaliHusky

« Reply #91 on: April 23, 2008, 13:31:21 »
I would personally say that a PVC suit would not be appreciated by some members at the convention, please bear that in mind!

No, you don't need to register the fursuit, just turn up with it!

Offline Feera Fox

• Omg, I post a lot!
    • View Profile
    • the den of feera fox
« Reply #92 on: April 23, 2008, 14:01:15 »
at least i know, so he's not suitable, still once created there's still he's going to be useful
i'll wear him walking down the high street and go shopping, sounds like fun.

my number two fursuit is faux fur, that's who i'm taking this year along with
feera, he's the squirrel who is awenic he's much more suitable, and better

so PVC suits no good, If one covers PVC head with fur a balenced mixture fox
might work, i guess the main rule is to look cuddly  :), and one can't go wrong  :)

thank you very much for your time and kind feedback
yours in light
feera fox
* I don't know when i'll be able to go2 CF again debt rears it's ugly head until then hugs and peace to all *
Animals that change reality, are in the dreamtime, of a world forgotten, yet destined to rise again in the
hearts of those who dance in the dreamtime. ye time is coming, it's time to sing

Offline Alexfox

• I'm on here as much as I can!
    • View Profile
    • FA page
« Reply #93 on: April 24, 2008, 00:46:08 »
at least i know, so he's not suitable, still once created there's still he's going to be useful
i'll wear him walking down the high street and go shopping, sounds like fun.

my number two fursuit is faux fur, that's who i'm taking this year along with
feera, he's the squirrel who is awenic he's much more suitable, and better

so PVC suits no good, If one covers PVC head with fur a balenced mixture fox
might work, i guess the main rule is to look cuddly  :), and one can't go wrong  :)

thank you very much for your time and kind feedback
yours in light
feera fox

What are you talking about? Some kind of skin tight squirrel suit?

I can think of why it isn't appreciated by some members of the convention, and possibly even less by the general public.

HoneyHusky

« Reply #94 on: April 24, 2008, 21:03:24 »
i guess if you cower up the lower parts it should be ok?

Offline Alexfox

• I'm on here as much as I can!
    • View Profile
    • FA page
« Reply #95 on: April 24, 2008, 23:50:25 »
i guess if you cower up the lower parts it should be ok?

Well there is that, and yes I do believe if a costume has either real or fake genitals (I am not sidestepping here) showing, then I would think keeping them *well covered* would be OK. This is provided that the CF rules on such matters mirror those of Eurofurence.

That said the problem with PVC or any kind of full PVC suit for that matter. Is that it could be seen as BDSM or fetish wear (the same going for zentai costumes), which quite possibly under convention rules isn't allowed period. So regardless of whether its covered or not you still might wind up on the wrong side of convention security.

Before anyone asks. Yes I do know about the incident at EF13 involving a person involved with running another large UK furry event, and a rather over zealous smack down from con security over the wearing of a PVC fursuit.   

Offline Feera Fox

• Omg, I post a lot!
    • View Profile
    • the den of feera fox
« Reply #96 on: April 25, 2008, 11:07:00 »
well i would not myself see that as fetish, but i can understand why some might, but if a head is
pvc then furred up, so it looks cuddly and nice is that exceptable for wearing? if pvc is only
used as the head frame not for the look of pvc?, imagine puting long haired fur on such a frame.
is this ok, for a head?, 

or maybe just sending pics of heads or fusuits to run by staff before brining it, would prevent problems,
with CF staff, for nothings worse than packing a fursuit finding out it can't be used, i find pvc a bit harsh
looking if not furred, i have two fursuits but more heads, maybe a bit on acceptable hybrid construction
techniques, would clear up what can be used for head and fursuit construction, and what can not. within
the CF rules because some who are making heads and fursuits for CF at  home may not be aware of forbidden
techniques of construction.

Alexfox Wrote:

What are you talking about? Some kind of skin tight squirrel suit?
I can think of why it isn't appreciated by some members of the convention, and possibly even less by the general public.

Feera Fox Wrote: skin tight squirrel suit?, yes with pvc tail
« Last Edit: April 25, 2008, 11:17:03 by Feera Fox »

Lupus Londonwolf

« Reply #97 on: April 29, 2008, 14:01:01 »
I shall be bringing Lupus along - this'll be his first outing at a convention :D

CaliHusky

« Reply #98 on: April 29, 2008, 16:18:39 »
Nice to see you here, Lupus!

Lupus Londonwolf

« Reply #99 on: April 29, 2008, 17:01:58 »
Many thanks! Sorry for being a bit tardy on the uptake - but I can barely cope with one forum let alone two! I'm here to stay now though ^^

Loki

« Reply #100 on: May 06, 2008, 16:21:43 »
Loki Meerkat will be there in the fur... He's kinda gothy, but certainly friendly and speaks back to you... so pad over for a chat! :3

Offline Feera Fox

• Omg, I post a lot!
    • View Profile
    • the den of feera fox
« Reply #101 on: May 12, 2008, 15:45:18 »
to always have water whilst suited up, i'm doing a feera bag for my water and bits
i have made it and furred it, are any other furs doing this a bag to blend with ones
fursuit?, as most fursuits correct me if i'm wrong they don't have pockets as far as
i know.

Loki

« Reply #102 on: May 12, 2008, 19:54:12 »
A few furs have a 'camel-back' inside their suit which is basically a water fileld backpack with a long tube they have inside their head... when they need a drink, they suck on the tube... easy!

Me, I rely on a long straw and making bar purchases... luckily I have a moving jaw and can open my mouth to get the straw in!  :D

Offline Exiled Wolf

• Media Relations & Security
  • Omg, I post a lot!
  • Woof Bark Grrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 12, 2008, 22:00:21 »
A few furs have a 'camel-back' inside their suit which is basically a water fileld backpack with a long tube they have inside their head... when they need a drink, they suck on the tube... easy!

Me, I rely on a long straw and making bar purchases... luckily I have a moving jaw and can open my mouth to get the straw in!  :D

Or, like me, they have the full tac-vest, complete with camel-bak, allowing bother water and alcomahol to be drunk dependent on mood, and with the tactical drinks probe you mentioned. Although that works less for those who don't go for the whole "kicking in your door and handcuffing you to a radiator" look... >_>

Offline Dingotush

• SuperFuzz!
    • View Profile
    • The real wolf's lair
« Reply #104 on: May 12, 2008, 23:46:56 »
Water will be available in the fursuit headless lounge during the con.  There will also be fans to cool down and blower for drying heads.
Who was she kidding?  It was easy to be a vegetarian by day.  It was preventing yourself from becoming a humanitarian by night that took the real effort. - Angua (Pterry)