Author Topic: Power for tablet laptops?  (Read 7256 times)

Loki

Power for tablet laptops?
« on: May 06, 2008, 16:23:46 »
Hey... just a quick question...

I'd like to bring my tablet along to do some art while there, but the battery on it is a dead'un.

Will there be any mains sockets one could pilfer some power from? :D

CaliHusky

Re: Power for tablet laptops?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2008, 16:39:05 »
Yes, but god knows where they are! :)

Loki

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2008, 17:01:58 »
Ah, 'kay... so its hunt the plug socket then! Woo! Fun! :D Do we know if there'll be any in the rooms?

I just wasn't sure if there was any health and safety policy on the building regarding peoples use of mains sockets...

I guess everyone would be responsible for their own equipment being in good working order

I've DJ'd a couple clubs where they won't let you use your own equipment unless you can produce a valid PAT test certificate!

CaliHusky

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2008, 18:41:37 »
There are some in the bedrooms, Can't for the life of me remember where though!

Offline Wolfie Fox

• Stage Manager
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • I can see through time!
    • View Profile
    • OS Labs
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2008, 14:40:01 »
I'm sure we can just lay down an extention cord to the tables that require them, provided we are allowed to gaffer tape the wire to the floor to prevent tripping. Don't hold me to this, I'll need find out about this. And Cali, I think when Loki said his tablets battery is a dead'un he means that it won't hold it's charge so plugging it in in his room won't be much help if he needs the table while in the art room. Duno, just a thought.

Loki

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2008, 19:44:21 »
Yeah... moving it around won't be a problem, I'll turn it off... but it needs to be plugged in for me to use it and I'll imagine I'll use it in my room and in the art den. :)

I'll bring some multiplugs anyway, and a long extension. We'll figure something out.  ;)

Offline Dingotush

• SuperFuzz!
    • View Profile
    • The real wolf's lair
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2008, 23:01:02 »
Ah, 'kay... so its hunt the plug socket then! Woo! Fun! :D Do we know if there'll be any in the rooms?

I just wasn't sure if there was any health and safety policy on the building regarding peoples use of mains sockets...

I guess everyone would be responsible for their own equipment being in good working order

I've DJ'd a couple clubs where they won't let you use your own equipment unless you can produce a valid PAT test certificate!

We'll have the facility to PAT test anything that needs to be tested, although we will need to resolve exactly where the boundaries are.  If it's your own stuff in your own room, for fun, then I don't think it's an issue (or rather it's no different from taking the same bit of kit into a hotel).  Stuff the con provides for you to use needs to be tested.  If you were using your laptop in the dealers den, for example, then it kinda counts as "work", and you ought to ensure it is safe (but we can test it for you) - I think this is where those clubs were coming from.

Who was she kidding?  It was easy to be a vegetarian by day.  It was preventing yourself from becoming a humanitarian by night that took the real effort. - Angua (Pterry)

Loki

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2008, 17:37:47 »
Ah, ok, that sounds right. As long as the equipment supplied to the public by Confuzzled is safe, then thats all good. :) You'd get in trouble if you fried a fur on a faulty PSU... lol

Offline Wolfie Fox

• Stage Manager
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
    • View Profile
    • OS Labs
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2008, 23:58:06 »
I'll be randomly drawing in my room but it will be on a chunky laptop and a wacom tablet hehe
What I wouldn't give for a decent tablet computer :P

Loki

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2008, 00:19:23 »
Hee... I was lucky enough to pick mine up cheap because it didn't work... of course working in IT means I could ressurect it. :D

Offline Wolfie Fox

• Stage Manager
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
    • View Profile
    • OS Labs
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2008, 01:53:28 »
So you used Meerkat Magic on it then hehe :P

I counter your Meerkat Magic with my Fox Magic ;D

Loki

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2008, 08:49:22 »
=falls deep within your foxy charm!= =x.x= ... yessss... masssater....

Offline Wolfie Fox

• Stage Manager
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
    • View Profile
    • OS Labs
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2008, 13:53:34 »
*grins*
Ohhh I can be soooo evil right now ;) ;)

*smiles innocently*

CaliHusky

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2008, 16:22:38 »
As the original answer has been fulfilled and this is getting off topic, consider it locked ;)