Author Topic: [2008] SerFox's guide to PCT (Post-Convention Trauma)  (Read 22505 times)

SerFox

[2008] SerFox's guide to PCT (Post-Convention Trauma)
« on: June 23, 2008, 22:43:29 »
Hello and welcome to your post-convention consultation, with me, you're member 41, who has absolutely no bearing on the convention whatsoever besides having a funky Lights-Out instrument! (Which FYI is the Tenori-On!)

After coming home, you may feel a number of symptoms. Light-headedness, dizzyness, excitement, exhaustion, loss of memory, sore paws, phantom limbs, hallucinations, pesonal affinities for the efforts of the con staff, a crush on a fursuiter that you cry yourself to sleep with your plushie about the first night back, a sudden desire to ruin your bank balance for the next 16 months and contact Arend Studios and commission a fursuit, or a strong desire to learn how to create areas on Second Life and completely recreate the YHA in full accuracy and host a 24/7/365 convention on Second Life.

...Okay, I'll come clean, I'm sufferig from all of this. Anyone experiencing any weird stuff? I keep standing up expecting my tail to hit my leg, or to turn round and race towards one of the suiters and beg for a cuddle for the hundredth time. :P Just a silly topic.

And I promise this is the last one I'll make. I'm just super excited!

(No, I'm not telling who.)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 15:44:54 by CaliHusky »

Offline Crimson

• Cookie Maker
  • I am now known as Taishi Fox
    • View Profile
Re: SerFox's guide to PCT (Post-Convention Trauma)
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2008, 01:17:14 »
Wow, I couldn't word it any better even if I tried.. This is exactly how I feel :-/  Still not able to sleep cus of this con, can't wait til next year x3

Offline The Dark Knight

• Head Of Convention Operations
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • "MOVE!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 06:38:34 »
This is actually a well known phenomenon called PCD or "Post-Con Depression". Everyone gets it at first; everything is so different the first time around that leaving is hard.

Don't worry, just get some chocolate in and curl up for a day or so; you'll get over it. The same thing happened to me after my first convention, heh.

Offline Nidonocu

• Purchasing, Picnic, Pawpets
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • Poison Bunny
    • View Profile
    • @Nidonocu
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2008, 07:59:24 »
Well, Sunday night when we were putting away the Art Auctioned stuff, I turned off the lights to the Fox room and found myself confused when I turned and saw a anthro face and my brain went 'person!'. But it was just the giant inflatable orca. My brain is now entirely wired wrong. I feel I should be getting up and doing something important. o_o;
Nidonocu C:\>

Offline Twll

• Convention Book Editor
  • CFz Staff
  • Omg, I post a lot!
    • View Profile
    • pumathing.com
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2008, 08:11:03 »
I feel I should be getting up and doing something important. o_o;
Bugfixing *nod* ;)

Offline Nidonocu

• Purchasing, Picnic, Pawpets
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • Poison Bunny
    • View Profile
    • @Nidonocu
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2008, 08:47:28 »
Bugfixing *nod* ;)

*hate forever* >:(
Nidonocu C:\>

Offline Wolfie Fox

• Stage Manager
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • I can see through time!
    • View Profile
    • OS Labs
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2008, 11:53:20 »
Bugfixing *nod* ;)

*hate forever* >:(

And making your ass smaller so I can close the art rooms door properly  ;) *giggles and hides*

Offline Wolfie Fox

• Stage Manager
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
    • View Profile
    • OS Labs
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2008, 11:56:36 »
This is actually a well known phenomenon called PCD or "Post-Con Depression". Everyone gets it at first; everything is so different the first time around that leaving is hard.

Don't worry, just get some chocolate in and curl up for a day or so; you'll get over it. The same thing happened to me after my first convention, heh.

I know that too well hehe, I had PCD acter my first con in 2005 when I came back from Anthrocon. Now that I'm back from CF I think I have it again :(
Been trying to ignore it and went out on my bike for a 2 hour ride in the park. I really uber miss Lev too :'( *curls up*

Offline Flinty Paws

• Cookie Maker
  • Hey Ho! Flint's here :D *hugs you all*
    • View Profile
    • FA!
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2008, 12:48:09 »
yeah, i had a dose of PCD. still have but its not as bad now.

i think a way to dampen the effects is to travel home with someone from the con, that way you dont say bye to everyone at once. still get a lil more time with a few others :)
but what when you leave even them furs behind and enter your front door? well i just looked at all the pics and videos i recorded. that felt nice ^^ made me kinda feel i was back at the con. did help and stop a tear rolling down my face =P
*snuzzles* =3

SerFox

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2008, 12:58:37 »
The odd thing is it's actually this morning I feel genuinly sad, just last night after leaving, all I felt was lost and confused. Now I genuinly miss the people I met, running around, feeling so happy, it's kind of empty now.

It proves two things. One: Furry is for me, no doubt about it, and Two: Normal life is laaaaaame  :D

I'm now gonna check YouTube and Google for pictures and videos people have uploaded, then check the Manchester local news portals and see if we were spotted xD

Offline Wolfie Fox

• Stage Manager
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
    • View Profile
    • OS Labs
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2008, 13:02:33 »
yeah, i had a dose of PCD. still have but its not as bad now.

i think a way to dampen the effects is to travel home with someone from the con, that way you dont say bye to everyone at once. still get a lil more time with a few others :)
but what when you leave even them furs behind and enter your front door? well i just looked at all the pics and videos i recorded. that felt nice ^^ made me kinda feel i was back at the con. did help and stop a tear rolling down my face =P

I think it's a lot worse when you develop strong feelings for someone and then have to leave them when you have to go home. *sulks*

I hope everyone who attended will be there at the next CF else I'll send my army of foxes to come and tickle you to death until you do come lol :D

Offline LevLion

• Stage & A/V Manager
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
    • View Profile
    • My FA Account
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2008, 13:26:50 »
I dont have the evergy for PCD.

Just slept for 12 hours (fortunatly no dreaming of sound desks this time)
I for one welcome our Muppet overloards.

Offline Wolfie Fox

• Stage Manager
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
    • View Profile
    • OS Labs
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2008, 13:36:04 »
Lol, I keep on thinking I'm being called on the staff radio for random things hehe

Offline Crimson

• Cookie Maker
  • I am now known as Taishi Fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2008, 14:27:17 »
Lol, I keep on thinking I'm being called on the staff radio for random things hehe
LMAO

Offline Miles_Valentine

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
    • My DA page
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2008, 14:48:36 »
Well i havent really experienced depression over leaving. Mainly because i havent ever experienced
anything as pleasurable in my life thus far. This, my first furry convention was better than every
christmas, birthday and treat. What can i say, it was simply unreal. It basically felt like i was dreaming
and i've actually been on a high ever since. I think for anyone experiencing PCT should attempt to
look at the situation in a more optimistic light.

Saying all this..I have had some symptoms.
Over productiveness.
Excitement.
Hallucinations of fursuiters.
And buying a fursuit...(thankyou student loans)
....Ah luv footpaws :3