Author Topic: Art Show  (Read 13487 times)

HoneyHusky

Re: Art Show
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2007, 23:39:53 »
Is it possible to redo ones entry for the t-shirt contest? I mean if you made something better than your previous attempt?

CaliHusky

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2007, 23:48:27 »
Sure, if you want to, you sure can!

Offline Wolfie Fox

• Stage Manager
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • I can see through time!
    • View Profile
    • OS Labs
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2008, 17:38:19 »
Should I bring a ton of paper and pens?

Just incase the mood to draw strikes me.

Lol will anyone be selling pens?

Hehe, I'm sure you won't be the only one who brings pens and paper for drawing while at the con. I myself might bring my laptop and graphics tablet for when I'm in my room when I should be sleeping hehe :P

As for buying pens while at the con I'm not sure as to who is selling what in the dealers den as that's not really my area.

Azra

« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2008, 10:16:36 »
Hm....with the con being a while away now, I might actually be able to throw something together. Like DracoRattus, I don't consider my work professional, and I have a really small selection, so it looks like I have to get drawing before the con!

By the way, if we wanted to sell our artwork, how would that work? I do a lot of my art on the computer, so i guess I would just print out a number of copies? And if its drawn in, would I perhaps scan these in and sell those? I have absolutely no idea how art selling at these cons work...

Offline DJ Pirtu

• Cookie Maker
  • I'm just crazy. What's your excuse?
    • View Profile
    • DA gallery
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2008, 19:47:09 »
Well, for what I have seen, there are mainly two places to sell art.

First is the Art Show. While some of the art will not be on sale, it seems quite common to have some sort of auction running during the show's display time, with the most sought for pieces been placed in a seperate auctioning event.
This is the usual method of selling either originals or limited prints of 3-10 copies. About.

The second place of marketing is the Dealers Den. You usualy see prints, cards, buttons and just about anything "mass" produced being sold there, as well as commissions, con badges and sketches.

As for the details of the Confuzzled Art Show, I'm waiting for the details as well. Got a few pieces I'm thinking of showing there, as well as a couple of paintings I'm working on to be put in an auction.

Azra

« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2008, 23:22:19 »
Thanks for the reply.

In that case, I'll probably focus on the Dealers Den, since I don't have all that much skill to put my work up for auction!

Offline DJ Pirtu

• Cookie Maker
  • I'm just crazy. What's your excuse?
    • View Profile
    • DA gallery
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2008, 22:23:25 »
Say, what's the situation on the art show? I applied for it quite early on, but haven't heard a word since.
Also, it was stated at one point that we'd hear more on March.

Offline Wolfie Fox

• Stage Manager
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • I can see through time!
    • View Profile
    • OS Labs
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2008, 21:14:33 »
We had a staff meeting on the 19th and the art room was discussed. Don't worry, we will be sending out info emails soon :)