Author Topic: Good Lord, I'm Feeling ConFuzzled!  (Read 9152 times)

CaliHusky

Good Lord, I'm Feeling ConFuzzled!
« on: July 13, 2008, 19:58:18 »

You'd better believe it, we're back again for year 2.

We're going to have twice the fun with more events, more fun and two guests of honour!
ConFuzzled 2009 is going to celebrate the splendor of the Victorian period of England.
We'll be based at the same venue as CF 2008 and yes, they want us back too!

So, prepare for full details to be given at 8pm, Sunday 27th July on our website.

And finally, what you want to know... registration opens at 10pm, Thursday, July 31st.

SerFox

Re: Good Lord, I'm Feeling ConFuzzled!
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 12:52:29 »
Eeeee yay! :3 Canna wait! ^^

Good to know they want us back :3 Mind you, I think it's the locals who might have a problem since we drained that area of boozahol in one weekend...
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 12:55:17 by SerFox »

HoneyHusky

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 20:15:59 »
Guess they are prepared next time :P

Offline LeighUK

• Omg, I post a lot!
  • It dont matter if your black or white, but both!
    • View Profile
    • Leighs kigurumi delight
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2008, 20:21:18 »
*makes a note to be here for 10pm with money in paw/hoof*

Offline Feera Fox

• Omg, I post a lot!
  • unleash your inner being, hear your song
    • View Profile
    • the den of feera fox
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2008, 14:19:47 »
dear souls,

victorian, yes but where can one get the clothes for putting over the fursuit?, i've been
looking but they are very hard to find no luck yet, for someone my size, as i'm a rather
portly fox i may get to the stage where i have to spend a fortune to get stuff made.

i should be able to get a cane, any suggestions?, please put the reply here so that whatever is said
helps other furs not just old me, the trouble in being rather portly is that it's hard to find clothes
my idea was waist coat and or jacket, top hat and cane. do you have any suggestions? even a
pattern would be rather useful.

yours most sincerly
feera fox
* I don't know when i'll be able to go2 CF again debt rears it's ugly head until then hugs and peace to all *
Animals that change reality, are in the dreamtime, of a world forgotten, yet destined to rise again in the
hearts of those who dance in the dreamtime. ye time is coming, it's time to sing

Offline Lilsi

• Cookie Maker
  • Beefy
    • View Profile
    • Live Journal
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2008, 23:44:20 »
:D excellent news  *waits*

SerFox

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2008, 23:48:15 »
dear souls,

victorian, yes but where can one get the clothes for putting over the fursuit?, i've been
looking but they are very hard to find no luck yet, for someone my size, as i'm a rather
portly fox i may get to the stage where i have to spend a fortune to get stuff made.

i should be able to get a cane, any suggestions?, please put the reply here so that whatever is said
helps other furs not just old me, the trouble in being rather portly is that it's hard to find clothes
my idea was waist coat and or jacket, top hat and cane. do you have any suggestions? even a
pattern would be rather useful.

yours most sincerly
feera fox

Why not go for a big neck ruffle? You could make one. Some ruffles for your wrists, and a hat!

Offline Skie

• I'm on here as much as I can!
  • Certified Bat Food
    • View Profile
    • The Israeli Furry community website.
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2008, 11:10:35 »
Awww, but I'm starting University soon ^^
I wouldn't know if I be able to make until like April or so, and the chances aren't good :/
I really want to though.

Offline Feera Fox

• Omg, I post a lot!
    • View Profile
    • the den of feera fox
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2008, 12:29:39 »
SerFox Wrote: "Why not go for a big neck ruffle? You could make one. Some ruffles for your wrists, and a hat!"

what  is a ruffle? it sounds like something to do with dogs, or that neck thing  to do with
shakespear, it's the top hat or clockwork orange style hat, i'm having a dickings finding,
as according to a stage worker i spoke to told me that most victorians heads were
smaller than modern heads, and the hat's meant to go on fox head how? at least i'm
getting a waist coat made for feera, well i'm just too portly to find them in charity shops.  :)

it's always great to hear the good ideas, thank you  8)
* I don't know when i'll be able to go2 CF again debt rears it's ugly head until then hugs and peace to all *
Animals that change reality, are in the dreamtime, of a world forgotten, yet destined to rise again in the
hearts of those who dance in the dreamtime. ye time is coming, it's time to sing

Offline Feera Fox

• Omg, I post a lot!
    • View Profile
    • the den of feera fox
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2008, 13:08:25 »
dear souls,

i don't like to reply to me myself, but i felt i had to ask these questions it is as below:

1..where does the victorian dress theme stretch to, fursuit dress? human dress? or both?
2..victorians were smaller that modern folks, so how does one get authectic stuff in a 48" chest?

can anyfur answer these questions please, as the answer 1 does not seem to be on the website.

also plus i theorise that if you did a new theme each year by 2025, i'm going to have one
dickins of a costume wardrobe covering many era's Gr-eight.  :).

your hopefully
feera fox

Offline Dingotush

• SuperFuzz!
    • View Profile
    • The real wolf's lair
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2008, 18:56:04 »
1..where does the victorian dress theme stretch to, fursuit dress? human dress? or both?
2..victorians were smaller that modern folks, so how does one get authectic stuff in a 48" chest?

Furry conventions typically have a theme that changes from year to year.  You are not obliged to do anything, but if you want to you can.  You might have a costume or prop for fursuit, or have a Victorian costume for day wear. If you are an artist then you might want to display, sell, or auction pieces in keeping with the theme.  Or you might write or perform something.  The theme is deliberately chosen to be fairly open ended so there are lots of options.

Obviously, I hope, we aren't asking you to turn up in a museum piece garment made in the 19th century for Victorians to wear.  So the question of size isn't an issue.  If you want to dress up you can make it yourself or hire (fancy dress or stage costume stores).
Who was she kidding?  It was easy to be a vegetarian by day.  It was preventing yourself from becoming a humanitarian by night that took the real effort. - Angua (Pterry)

Offline LevLion

• Stage & A/V Manager
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
    • View Profile
    • My FA Account
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2008, 19:28:54 »
Yes the theme is a bit of fun, something to tie the con all together, something to make each year that bit different. Its common practise in nearly every fur con world wide.

You can do as much as you like, or nothing.
I for one welcome our Muppet overloards.

Offline Feera Fox

• Omg, I post a lot!
    • View Profile
    • the den of feera fox
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2008, 12:08:04 »
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 12:22:16 by Feera Fox »