Author Topic: Methods of payment  (Read 8956 times)

Loupgaros

Methods of payment
« on: May 21, 2007, 10:49:22 »
This is gonna sound really stupid of me but i do not have a Paypal account. I simply don't trust it. So I know that Paypal has been mentioned a lot, but are there alternative methods of payment. Otherwise I'm screwed.....

Offline The Dark Knight

• Head Of Convention Operations
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • "MOVE!"
    • View Profile
Re: Methods of payment
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2007, 11:15:07 »
You can pay via Bank Transfer. :)

Loupgaros

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2007, 11:31:12 »
Yay! Great, I can use my Maestro then. Provided my agency coughs with the money. Now another thing.... How long do I have to pay so I don't miss out?

Offline Matt the Lion

• Convention Chairman
  • Forum Admins
  • SuperFuzz!
  • King of the Jungle
    • View Profile
    • My Photography (Mostly big cats)
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2007, 13:12:11 »
Due to a failure on the part of Royal Mail, we are currently unable to accept payments by paypal or other methods (more details in the FAQ : http://www.confuzzled.org.uk/content/en/Frequently+Asked+Questions ) but we will be getting details out to everyone who has registered as soon as we possibly can.  We will be asking for payment within two weeks of the details being sent out.

Bank Transfers wouldn't be using your Maestro card, you would need to go to the local branch of your bank or use their internet/telephone banking service.
"I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant."

"It is much more comfortable to be mad and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts."

Loupgaros

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2007, 13:41:40 »
Ah good. Glad that's that cleared up.

AstroFenn

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2007, 17:48:18 »
Ok So with a Bank transfer how do we do that (Also does not have paypal and doesn't trust the mail)

SouthPaw

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2007, 18:45:57 »
Ok So with a Bank transfer how do we do that (Also does not have paypal and doesn't trust the mail)
Assuming you have online or telephone banking, look for the option that says Payments / Transfers (or similar). We'll be e-mailing out the necessary details in the not too distant future.

If you don't, get it setup as it makes life easier ;)

Failing that, you SHOULD be able to pay in over the counter at a branch of Abbey, though we'll need to check that.

HTH,

Southie

Offline Matt the Lion

• Convention Chairman
  • Forum Admins
  • SuperFuzz!
  • King of the Jungle
    • View Profile
    • My Photography (Mostly big cats)
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2007, 22:11:29 »
You should also be able to go into any branch of your bank with the details we send out and ask them to send the money from your account, although they may charge for the service.
"I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant."

"It is much more comfortable to be mad and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts."

SouthPaw

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2007, 02:13:30 »
You should also be able to go into any branch of your bank with the details we send out and ask them to send the money from your account, although they may charge for the service.

Yeah...NOT

Loupgaros

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2007, 15:46:24 »
I've never done online banking in my life! Guess I'd better start getting in practise.

AstroFenn

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2007, 17:26:20 »
Ok now I'm Royally confused..
0.0 I don't think I've had any Info yet about paying since I registered.

CaliHusky

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2007, 17:49:09 »
As we've said a few times, and is on the FAQ, payments aren't being taken yet as our bank account is still being set up...

Loupgaros

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2007, 20:39:02 »
*is patiently saving up* By the time you have it set up, I can hopefully pay you. But or now, I'm quite enjoying the delay...  ;D  :P

Offline Exiled Wolf

• Media Relations & Security
  • Omg, I post a lot!
  • Woof Bark Grrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2007, 15:27:36 »
*is patiently saving up* By the time you have it set up, I can hopefully pay you. But or now, I'm quite enjoying the delay...  ;D  :P

It's handy, isn't it *grins*