Author Topic: What sort of music do you like?  (Read 29266 times)

Loupgaros

What sort of music do you like?
« on: May 21, 2007, 11:00:32 »
Another new topic! Lets get to know each other eh? Okay, its more a way for me to break in, but I'm not a very good convo starter in life so I'm doing it this way.

Basic question: What sort of music do you listen to?

Me? I'm more the proggy sort. I like Pink Floyd, Genesis (Peter Gabriel years- I'm one of those fans who demarcates what they like), Yes, Barclay James Harvest, Porcupine Tree (still listening to Fear of a Blank Planet) and many many many more. But I also like to listen to some electronic stuff. It just has the slight sound of militaria about it, especially early New Order and later Depeche Mode. I have more but I don't want to scare people off with a huge list! *laughs*

Offline The Dark Knight

• Head Of Convention Operations
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • "MOVE!"
    • View Profile
Re: What sort of music do you like?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2007, 11:04:44 »
I'm very much into Metal, Punk, Industrial, and Hardcore. :)

Fave bands at the moment include: Megadeth, Rammstein, Zeromancer, Rage Against the Machine, Machine Head, Dragonforce, and AFI. :D

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I'm on Last.fm too. Diesel's reply reminded me. :)

I'm here.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2007, 14:35:34 by Graafen Blackpaw »

Loupgaros

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2007, 11:07:52 »
Dragonforce are funneh. I think it is a little Spinal Tap at times but otherwise a great band.

Avalanche

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2007, 12:39:16 »
Trance and Chillout mainly.

Music with a good beat and preferably no words like Gigi D'Agostino (thanks to Big Blue Fox :D) or Sandstorm by Darude and bands like Chicane, Snow Patrol are my favourite.

Jean Michel Jarre's electronica  is my all time favourite music, hes a legend!

Diesel

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2007, 14:06:18 »
I'm pretty easy-going when it comes to music, I'll listen to anything that's got a decent melody behind it, though I'm mainly into 80s AOR.  I like a bit o' jazz and funk, too  :)  My most-listened artistes tend to be Tears For Fears, Scritti Politti, Marillion, Hue and Cry, The Stranglers, Phil Collins and Level 42, so a fairly mixed bag!

Btw, if any o' youse are on last.fm, add meh!

Offline Shep

• Convention Operations/Shepherd at Large
  • Omg, I post a lot!
  • Hello you!
    • View Profile
    • Mein LJ
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2007, 16:13:01 »
Virtually anything, apart from top 40 stuff, shoe-gazing guitar bands such as Coldplay, rap and what passes these days for R&B. Most music I like comes from the 1970-1990 period :)
Shep Shepherd, the Good Shepherd ^^

Offline The Dark Knight

• Head Of Convention Operations
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • "MOVE!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2007, 16:16:38 »
Virtually anything, apart from top 40 stuff, shoe-gazing guitar bands such as Coldplay, rap and what passes these days for R&B. Most music I like comes from the 1970-1990 period :)
*plays "Whole Lotta Love" by Led Zepplin for you.* :D

Offline Shep

• Convention Operations/Shepherd at Large
  • Omg, I post a lot!
  • Hello you!
    • View Profile
    • Mein LJ
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2007, 16:19:03 »
Now, that's a song! :P
Shep Shepherd, the Good Shepherd ^^

Offline Matt the Lion

• Convention Chairman
  • Forum Admins
  • SuperFuzz!
  • King of the Jungle
    • View Profile
    • My Photography (Mostly big cats)
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2007, 16:52:25 »

I'm with Shep on this one :)  I'll listen to pretty much anything, most particularly stuff that is pre-1990.  Favourite artist is probably either Queen, Pink Floyd or Jethro Tull (primarily 'cos they did a song called "Bungle in the Jungle"; well worth a listen!)
"I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant."

"It is much more comfortable to be mad and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts."

Offline Wolfie Fox

• Stage Manager
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • I can see through time!
    • View Profile
    • OS Labs
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2007, 21:36:00 »
Rock, random stuff from the 80's and Vocal Trance from 90's and 00's

Offline Blaster2

• I'm on here as much as I can!
  • The 2nd coming....is coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2007, 01:48:28 »
I'm into 80's, most 90's, Heavy Metal, and, newly discovered, Power Metal (DragonForce especially!)

Loupgaros

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2007, 13:52:29 »
I'm pretty easy-going when it comes to music, I'll listen to anything that's got a decent melody behind it, though I'm mainly into 80s AOR.  I like a bit o' jazz and funk, too  :)  My most-listened artistes tend to be Tears For Fears, Scritti Politti, Marillion, Hue and Cry, The Stranglers, Phil Collins and Level 42, so a fairly mixed bag!

Btw, if any o' youse are on last.fm, add meh!

I love Tears for Fears. Political while still pop-friendly, which is not easy to pull off these days. Protest songs can look a bit too obvious or sound just too.. self-righteous, but a few bands can get away with being political without being too far in the self-righteous realm.

Benny Brownpaws

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2007, 11:33:02 »
Aside from R'n'B, rap, hip-hop, trance, elctronica and their ilk, I like anything and everything.

Offline Cerebus

• Omg, I post a lot!
  • This is ConFuzzled!!!
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2007, 21:37:17 »
Rammstein! ;D
Where here no more room in hell the dead shall walk the earth

Tori Belliachi

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2007, 12:25:54 »
Anything really. Though classical, trip-hop, dance, electronica, indie rock, anything else really.

See http://last.fm/user/robomilk