Author Topic: What sort of music do you like?  (Read 29163 times)

Bloodwish

Re: What sort of music do you like?
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2007, 18:29:37 »
Anything that's played with instruments and sounds good to my ears, I like genuine talent to my music and I get turned right off by the factory farmed bands of today. Give me Pink Floyd, Queen, The Who etc anyday.

SerFox

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2007, 20:05:06 »
I'm a keyboard player and composer inspired by Jordan Rudess and Mike Oldfield, so I'm really heavily into prog, and not normal prog, I like things like Tangerine Dream, Rush, Dream Theater, Camel, Mike Oldfield, Jordan Rudess, and even stranger things like Unexpected and Vangelis and King Crimson.

Check out my writing at http://www.myspace.com/northernfox

I also like some Techno, but only if it's decent, intelligently composed stuff, such as Deepsky, Andy Hunter, New Mike Oldfield (Post TBIII, Light+Shade etc). I'll be perfoprming some dance type stuff at ConFuzzled too.

I'm also into Noise music, such as Early Boredoms, Yoshimi Yuka, OOIOO, Deerhoof, KYLIE MINOISE, TiCkEt, Saint Takeshii, and was a part of a now mostly disbanded noise band Aural Sex, which branched off to Pnoockekseets pnoocekseets, PocketFox, and YerMa.

Holley

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2007, 20:24:06 »
Right now I'm listening to The Who, Jimi Hendrix and AC/DC.  In a while I'll switch to something else, it comes and goes in phases ... basically most stuff apart from manufactured pop and opera feature on my playlist at one point or another :)

Offline Skie

• I'm on here as much as I can!
  • Certified Bat Food
    • View Profile
    • The Israeli Furry community website.
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2008, 09:11:08 »
Hmm,
I mostly like any variety of metal/rock, good old 90's dance and techno, and most of the 80s.
Stuff like: Type O negative, Paradise Lost, Nightwish, Within Temptation, Megadeth, Metallica, Dragonforce, Puddle of Mudd, Guano Apes, Faith No More, Rage Against the Machine, Papa Roach erhm well I can go on for a really long time ^^

Offline Dingotush

• SuperFuzz!
    • View Profile
    • The real wolf's lair
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2008, 10:02:53 »
I've given up trying to categorise what music I like.  Some of the areas it tends to gravitate to are synthpop, electronica (esp. early stuff), 1st gen punk, 2nd gen Ska/TwoTone, ambient/trance, and anything that's sufficiently silly to make me laugh.  I don't like music-to-slash-your-wrists-by, particularly The Smiths, and the putrid excrescence that comes from manufactured bands.  But none of that really explains what I listen to.

Last FM: http://www.last.fm/user/dingotush/
Who was she kidding?  It was easy to be a vegetarian by day.  It was preventing yourself from becoming a humanitarian by night that took the real effort. - Angua (Pterry)

Offline Exiled Wolf

• Media Relations & Security
  • Omg, I post a lot!
  • Woof Bark Grrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2008, 10:11:53 »
I'm sure I'd replied to this, but unless I'm blind and have missed my own post, it appears I haven't. Time to rectify that, I suppose.

A lot of my musical taste falls into the rock/metal/industrial categories, although I've also got lot of other stuff in my iTunes library. I try not to rule out a particular genre just because I don't like some of the music within it, although having said that, I'm having a hard time finding any modern rap and hip-hop that I like.

So, um, yeah. Varied tastes, leaning towards your heavier stuff I guess.

Offline EmberKomodog

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
    • My FA
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2008, 13:42:36 »
I'm sure I'd replied to this, but unless I'm blind and have missed my own post, it appears I haven't. Time to rectify that, I suppose.

A lot of my musical taste falls into the rock/metal/industrial categories, although I've also got lot of other stuff in my iTunes library. I try not to rule out a particular genre just because I don't like some of the music within it, although having said that, I'm having a hard time finding any modern rap and hip-hop that I like.

So, um, yeah. Varied tastes, leaning towards your heavier stuff I guess.
I like more or less what he likes ;)
Through Nature's Inflexible Grace, I'm Learning To Live

Offline LeighUK

• Omg, I post a lot!
  • It dont matter if your black or white, but both!
    • View Profile
    • Leighs kigurumi delight
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2008, 15:46:16 »
currently, Im into some rock music, but also game and Anime music (I currently have the Haruhi dance song playing on my comp)

Benny Brownpaws

« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2008, 16:03:24 »
At this rate the con is gonna be filled with mostly heavy and symphonic metal LOL!  :D

I wouldn;t mind hearing some Dragonforce, Rhapsody, Within Temptation and Nightwish played.

Offline Skie

• Certified Bat Food
    • View Profile
    • The Israeli Furry community website.
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2008, 20:19:09 »
At this rate the con is gonna be filled with mostly heavy and symphonic metal LOL!  :D

I wouldn;t mind hearing some Dragonforce, Rhapsody, Within Temptation and Nightwish played.

Within Temptation and Nightwish are awesome.
I've been to a Nightwish concert, it was so good!
Within Temptation, I like their early stuff.

Avalanche

« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2008, 21:47:57 »
For me, i like a variety of dance music. Something with a good beat you can jusy bounce to. I also like early electronica like Jean Michel Jarre's music (musical god).

I also like the odd bit of chillout that i cna just close my eyes to and relax. Chicane and Snow Patrol being two of my favourites and also Frozen Beach by Lange (ending song in the EF13 pawpet show) :P

Short snout

« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2008, 21:38:57 »
Meh...

anything really but mainly (your all gonna hate me for this  ;D ;D) Emo : fave bands being MCR H,H and FALLOUTBOY
But I also like HIM, THE RASMUS, BLACKSABBATH, LACUNA COIL

the list goes on but anything from pop punk to rock to punk to grunge to Emo to metal all the way up to Deathmetal!! (seems odd but well thats me) :P :P

Loki

« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2008, 18:08:48 »
I like lots of EBM, cybergoth, aggrotech and industrial... and the odd bit of metal... the likes of which are VNV Nation, Wolfsheim, Icon of Coil, Front 242, Combichrist... Rammstein, Static X.

I've DJ'd some random venues though, so can get into pretty much anything... I did enjoy a long stint playing Ska and Punk... oi oi oi! :D

Offline The Dark Knight

• Head Of Convention Operations
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • "MOVE!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2008, 05:38:06 »

Click here to see what will be played at "Furries Rock!". The list will be updated as I get more albums. :)

And if you have any requests, please reply to that thread.

Offline Wingedwolf

• Wolf, Goat
    • View Profile
    • FurAffinity
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2008, 11:39:39 »
Metal/rock/classic rock/alternative/J-rock/anime/classical/IT GOES ON  ;D